ADR - Sac Bee's Sunday Single

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.entitee.com
My boy ADR was featured in the Sac Bee today. Check out the article, then go download the album. I know some of you don't care for the "conscious" stuff, but he's really not doing "conscious" music. He's just keeping it real within the context of his own life.

"Sunday Single" gets down this week with a rap track from the Fairfield/Vacaville area. But unlike most of the hip-hop coming out of the 707 area code, the rapper known as ADR doesn't bother with that revved-up "hyphy" sound that's native to Northern California. ADR's song "Right'n" is a cool breeze of a track with singing, rapping and plenty of bump in the background. Check it out at www.sacbee.com/sundaysingle.

ADR (a.k.a. Adrian Montgomery)

Song: "Right'n"

Style: Hip-hop with soulful singing and enlightening vibes

Influences: "Everything from Sade to Tupac, Nirvana, Bob Marley - all that stuff," says ADR.

Behind the song: "When I first met the singer, Jennifer, we kind of connected with things happening in the world," says ADR. "The song is about writing with a pen, but there's a double meaning as in 'making things right.' I wrote a little verse, and she came up with her own verse and hook, and we got good feedback on it.

"We just want to make people have a good time and not be all about money and degrading women. You don't have to act the fool to have a good time."

On the Web: www.myspace.com/five45

-------

His myspace has some more street minded shit. If you want to hear the more conscioius side of his music, go to http://blackcanvasmusic.com/ks and download the free album by Kindred Spirits.

peace