ADOBE AUDITION 3.0 VS. PRO TOOLS 7

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
First i would like to announce that im really asking for help from professionals whom have used both interfaces or who can educate me more about pro tools. I have been using adobe audition since day 1 and i really like this platform. This new year i will be updating the studio agian and everyone i talk to says i NEED PRO TOOLS. Now my adobe audition has been modified and i have many of the vst plugins from the pro tools media. Ok so heres the difficult part. I have been almost sold on getting everything pro tools. I just found out however pro tools can only have 32 tracks! Now after reading that i have taken a huge step back from it thining why not just upgrade to adobe 3.0. I love having unlimited tracks. Is there a way to have unlimited tracks for recording and editing in pro tools. What makes pro tools 7 better then adobe 3.0? I have been looking for about a week now trying to compare them and figured before i made a purchase eather way id at least hear what everyone else who works on music here had to say about adobe VS pro tools.

Thanks

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
i was thinkin if your workin pro tools. Do you mixdown everything like the beat then the chours and each verse in its own session so that way it creates 1 track to be dragged to the next session this way 32 tracks works for a song but having a lot more saved session files like beat, chours, verse1 2 3 ect?

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I wouldn't even compare them. Adobe Audition? If you don't like the 32 track limit on Pro Tools LE, even though with that limit, it's still a great investment and should be your priority over Adobe Audition in any circumstance, then invest in something like Cubase SX. Adobe Audition doesn't compare with either of these DAW's. It's a decent non-destructive wave editor with a very limited and primitive multi-track feature. Adobe purchased Syntrillium Software's Cool Edit Pro in 2003 and basically updated the GUI and re-released it as Adobe Audition to eat off the Audio market. In fact I highly recommend you stray away from Adobe Audition. That program should only be used for simple wave editing/processing, sample editing, nothing more.

My vote: Pro Tools LE

Although, Cubase SX is your next best selection, some professionals even prefer it over Pro Tools.

If your trying to get the most out of the 32, there are ways to free up more tracks. For instance, after composing/sequencing, when you export to Audio, you can solo some of the tracks together (Layered sounds, String/Piano sounds, etc) you can export them together, and join 2 stereo tracks into 1, or even 3 into 1, and if you have no stereo effects or panning on some tracks, you can simply export them as mono tracks and save track space that way. You need to know obviously what tracks you can do this with by the knowledge of your own mix. As you may know, one stereo track counts as two tracks. Load the audio tracks back into the mix, lay the vocals, and continue with your mix.

I've never used more than 32 tracks personally, and I don't think I will anytime soon. However, I do use Cubase SX, so I have unlimited Audio/MIDI tracks.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
If you want to avoid the 32 track limit LE provides for their consumer-grade hardware. Then you have to go Pro Tools | HD. Which, if you can afford to invest in, is a solid investment as it is the standard.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
use whatever is comfortable to you dont change because word of mouth if you can master adobe audition to its fullest then stick with it because at the end of the day if u transfer over and cannot record and are not happy u have failed

yes protools has a limit which really is plenty of tracks!!!!!!

other than that run with cubase its unlimited tracks and still got some power behind it of course nuendo 3 is better because its the highest cubase they got more powerfull if u need NUENDO 3 AND WAVES DIAMOND BUNDLE FOR MASTERING AND ALL GET AT ME $250 I WILL GIVE U A COPY RATHER THEN SPEND 7000 dollars

protools is more common these days is it better who knows only the consumer knows we dont tell the consumer whats better!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
First of all, anyone who telling you you "need" ProTools is NOT a credible source. ProTools does not offer anything you can't get in other software packages except the name so unless you are forced into using it, which I seriously doubt, it's likely just a waste of money for you.

Before anything, let's start at the right point.. WHY do you want to upgrade your recording software?

Apr 25, 2002
I won't bother with all the tiny details but essentially Nuendo is Cubase with extended post-production and media capabilities. If you don't actually use that stuff then Nuendo is a waste. If you're working with surround-sound for example, then you'd want Nuendo.

Mar 22, 2004
You can get more tracks from Pro Tools LE - Buy the production Toolkit-
It's around 500 here's the details

Product Description
The Digidesign Music Production Toolkit includes a full range of professional music tools that expand the creative power of your Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered system.
It includes an impressive collection of plug-ins, a multi-track version of Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool, up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz (interface permitting), and the ability to export mixes as MP3 files.

Professional plug-ins for creating and producing music
Digidesign Hybrid high-definition synthesizer
TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb
Smack! LE compressor
SoundReplacer drum replacement tool
DINR LE noise reduction plug-in
Multi-track Beat Detective rhythm analysis and correction tool
Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz*
Pro Tools MP3 Option
Expanded Music Tools
The Digidesign® Music Production Toolkit includes a full range of professional music tools that expand the creative power of your Pro Tools LE™ or Pro Tools M-Powered™ system.

Extensive Plug-in Collection
The Music Production Toolkit includes a host of powerful plug-ins that are ideal for creating and producing music.

Hybrid
Developed by the Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research group, Hybrid is a high-definition synthesizer that combines the warmth of classic analog waveforms with digital wavetables to produce the sounds of legendary synths or something completely unique.

TL Space Native Edition
The TL Space™ convolution reverb delivers the pristine sound of real reverberant spaces with a comprehensive library of reverb and effect impulses and the ability to add impulses easily.

Smack! LE
Smack!™ LE is a professional compressor/limiter plug-in designed for anyone who requires a great-sounding, flexible, and easy-to-use compression tool for music or any other type of audio material.

SoundReplacer
SoundReplacer™ lets you replace drum sounds or other audio easily and automatically while retaining the feel and dynamics of the original performance.

Digidesign Intelligent Noise Reduction (DINR) LE
DINR™ LE, an AudioSuite™-only version of the original, award-winning DINR TDM plug-in, effectively reduces unwanted noise — from guitar-amp buzz to tape hiss — for cleaner, more professional sounding audio.

Multi-Track Beat Detective
The multi-track version of the Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool works across multiple audio and MIDI tracks at the same time — a major time-saving capability previously available only with Pro Tools® TDM software

More Audio Tracks
The Music Production Toolkit expands a Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered system to up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz (interface permitting) for creating larger, more complex mixes.

Pro Tools MP3 Option
By including the Pro Tools MP3 Option, the Music Production Toolkit makes it easy to listen to a new mix on a portable device or quickly share it with other band members without having to use a separate application.

Nov 10, 2004
I won't bother with all the tiny details but essentially Nuendo is Cubase with extended post-production and media capabilities. If you don't actually use that stuff then Nuendo is a waste. If you're working with surround-sound for example, then you'd want Nuendo.
We use it for everthing from recording, midi looping, video editing, whatever you can think of as far as audio/video goes.

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Before anything, let's start at the right point.. WHY do you want to upgrade your recording software?
When i started music production I had purchased a computer and put an echo mia soundcard in it 24/96 i ran my nady mic through an alesis 32 studio board. I deffinatly had sound quality and did a lot of work with it. Then i upgraded my studio. I purchased an korg triton extreme and upgraded my mic to a audio technia 40/40. I got tired of the echo mia beacuse i always had to unplug the inputs in back when i wanted to make a beat with the triton. So i purchased a motu mkII 2408. It actually downgraded my sound resolution beacuse it records 24bit/48. Now this year i will be purchasing the m audio 18/14 beacuse i want 24/192 input quality to start with. I dont want the digidesign board with automotion faders beacuse i like the real board controling the sound and EQ. (the 18/14 has its own pre amp and im anxious to hear that as well without the board) But the reason i was considering pro tools is beacuse i am getting that soundcard and its designed to work with it, but will work with adobe as well. Also i fealt like everyother person that i have ever talked to that is a producer says im missing out beacuse i havent learned pro tools. Now im not being downtalked like i cant produce if i dont have pro tools. The proof is there i deffinatly can produce in adobe. Everyone compliments my work says i have a clean and good sound. Then they find out i work with adobe audition and they look at me like a deer in the head lights amazed im not on the pro tools band wagon. Im more hopefull now knowing i can buy an additional upgrade to get more tracks in pro tools. Thank you everyone who gave me input on this. I read everyones post and soaked up as much knowlage as i could. I want to be the best producer i can, so for me to invest the $250 to experience pro tools and try it would be worth it. If all else fails i can always go back to what i know that works for me. Thanks agian.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
THA 206 if you are getting compliments, then you are doing something right and i do not believe that you are missing anything from the pro-tools system. Obviously you would benefit most from better front end, of course it costs to take it to the next level. How many inputs do you need on the interface? damn there is alot of options....even running your final L & R outputs through a nice pre-amp..or compressor, or channel strip might take your shit up a few notches..

Jun 12, 2007
www.mybeatshop.com
If your not going to colab alot or work with other artist in bigger studios the need for pro tools is not to great. But I own a LE system and I would never go to another DAW again for the reason that the editing and ease of use is unmatched 7.4 has taken it even higher. Now the 32 track limit 48 with the toolkit is not a big issue for me you just simply have to know how to get around that and bounce and import into pro tools. Most sessions I never even hit that many tracks and for the people moaning around cause of limitations it basically teaches you how to mix better. I mean 5 insert effects per track I never use over 2-3 because busses are key to Reverb, Delay and many others special effects. I could go on and on about how good pro tools is but if you need any help just PM me.