Absolute Power = 3 mics in new Source mag...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Somehow, that doesn't suprise me. Not that I read the Source or anything, cause I don't. It just seems like somethin' they'd do. If it ain't East Coast shit like DMX, Nas, Jay-Z,etc., they ain't tryna show no love. I bet you anything, the person that did the review hasn't even heard of Tech N9ne.

Apr 25, 2002
that new trick daddy is tight thoe i never liked him but this cd is real tight i am glad he got 4 mics ....like the homie told me about tech's music u either like it or u dont ...but his new shit should have got better then just 3 mics ...can some 1 post the review

Keith

ackright
Apr 22, 2002
That's kinda sad.. But I ain't suprized. I'd definitly give this album atleast 4 1/2 mics, if not 5. & I haven't even heard ALL of it yet.

Jul 15, 2002
scarfaces new album got 5 mics

at least there showin luv 2 sum where other than the east
but jay z blu brint 5 mics that cds gay i only liked 1 song dats renegade where jayz gets his ass burned by eminem the sorce is whack

Aug 21, 2002
Fuck the SOURCE! THey aint the source for shit... They alway's hating on Tech and other people that are tight! I guarantee you that the person that gave tech that shitty review aint never heard him. Shit, Tech needs like 7 mics for this new one. I heard all of it, and there aint no other rapper in the game with deliver like him, and delivery that makes sense. Who in the hell can compare to "Imma Tell"... Fuck all these other wack ass rappers with seven video's in rotation on BET and shit... They make songs that aint about shit, and most rappers aint even as smart as Tech...

Shit, ever since the Dynasty, after that I aint been fuckin' with Jay-Z ever since. His beats be all un-done, and incomplete sounding, and he alway's got that little voice in all of his songs, sort of like the "Imma Tell" voice, but he over does it. And now that he thinks that someone is going to buy his shit regardless of what he say's, he half asses on his lyrics and delivery, and motherfuckers can't see that... Talkin' bout Jay-Z this and Jay-Z that! Fuck J and whover else that runs with him, cause the Roc aint shit, but Beanie, Murder Inc. is getting on my nerves with that gay ass shit. Def Jam is aiight, but needs more "real" talent.

Tech is going to win over the rap game regardless of what "THE SOURCE say's and I guarantee you if XXL hasn't already done their review, he's going to get an "Medium"... Tech has black, whites, Asians and whoever nigga behind him, and for all them sound a-like ass rappers like Camron and Jadakiss wannabe muthafuckers, the "Industry is Punks" is the right thing for them.

"Everybody wanna do, what everybody else doing, a copy-cat is what they been taught"...
"Everyday, I gotta cut the radio down, sounds like another Pac or an O-Town.":dead:

Just like Tech say's... There aint no skills out there. Of course Twista is good and all, but Tech is on another level. He's at the Pentacle in this game. Aint no nigga gone rip him, and he aint fuckin' with no one but real niggas, like Eminem and Pac, and whoever, Dre. whoever. He aint fuckin' with no Styles or lame as Trick. (okay Trick does have some cool songs) But which CD would you play more. Trick or Tech, Jay-Z or Tech, Camron or Tech, Nelly or Tech, Pretty Willy or Tech?

STOP........ Think about it!:rolleyes:

In this industry its all who you are affiliated with that decides if you are going to get some airplay.
If your name is MC Swizzle Sticks Jr., but you are on Bad Boy or Rocafella, then your reviews are going to be better cause they some Mitch Bades. Soon as you are messin' with an small time for the moment label such as Strange, then you are going to be hated on and looked over. I guess Tech's lyrics are only for us graduates of "Lyrical Listening University" and for those of yall that only like wack nigga's with no flow a good hook and an alright beat (I aint saying no names, Big Tymers.. Ooops) Then I guess you aint ready for N9nes flow, and stick to the 1+1=2 and dont fuck with the 5A(+9)(16) (6688846993) shit alone. Cause Rakim, Jay-Z, Nas, Camron, Styles, Whoever nigga, can't fuck with what Tech is comin' with.
Holla Back my niggas..

In a minute.................
Sound alike ass niggaz!

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was with you up until the point you said Rakim can't fucc with Tech N9ne. That was COMPLETE bullshit. Rakim is a legend, Tech N9ne is tight but is far from legend status right now.

Apr 25, 2002
tech is far from fuckin with nas or rakim ......as far as every 1 else ya tech is coming with doper shit then them ....in order for tech to make it he needs to network more on the eastcoast ...once u get over on the eastcaost its a done deal look at wack ass nelly

Aug 25, 2002
Personally, i'd rather tech n9ne not become like all those other rappers. For the most part Tech is still somewhat still on the underground. I mean, the problem with rappers now-a-days is they come in the game with their heart in the rhymes, and then the fame, the fortune, and the Teeny bopper bull shit corrupts them into making whack as fuck records. I can't stand it when someone who you KNOW only watches TRL or some shit thinks they are all into rap because they saw Eminem's last video. (Not that eminem doesn't have skill, i think he's great but he has alotta groupie fans.) I live in FL, and im generally the only one I know that is bumpin the Tech N9ne (cept for my few friends who also like Tech N9ne.) and I like to keep it that way. I mean now that his Slacker video is on MTV2 its probably only a matter of time before the rest of the world feels the true power of Tech N9ne. I mean hell didn't eminem get 3 mics for his cd when he first came out into the whole "commercial" world? I only hope that Tech can stay the same as always. Also, as for the comments about Rakim and all those other rappers. Jay-z, Nas, all those rappers and shit don't have anything on Tech. Rakim...well I mean he gets respect for bein in the game so long but on a personal note, I think Tech N9ne tears Rakim up...but thats just my personal taste. Anyway I feel like I'm ramblin on...I'm writing this while listening to I'ma Tell heh. Ok thats my 2 cents =P

Aug 21, 2002
TO: PETE DOGGE & TIM.........& INFEST....

I agree with you totally. But think about it. Tech isn't going off of influences from Rakim. He's leaning towards the West Coast, Tupac & shit. They say that everyone takes a little of Rakim. Nahhh.. I am a rapper & I couldn't tell you a rakim verse to save my life, and I started out listening to BDP & old school East Coast music. I not only listen to the beat and hooks & examine & disect them, I listen to the lyrics and powerfulness. "Is he really saying anything in this verse that has anything to do with the song or is it a buncha Yada thrown in together because it rhymes with the last bar?" I am on that type of shit. What did Rakim do that was so great for him to be the best lyracist? I dont hear anyone walking around reciting Rakim. Shit, go pop in a Rakim CD and then tell me what the fuck is he saying. "NOTHING!" And Nas, he has some good subjects, but when you add up the facts to equal sense, his math is all wrong. He can' t say Jesus died at age 33 so that means..... NO! That doesn't have shit to do with any 16 bullets. I understand where yall coming from and dont hate me for saying that, but I can't give them the trophy, or not just yet. And this thing with BIGGIE being the greatest......:confused:

Tell me how any one person can only drop 2 CD's and take the throne. Nah, nah, bruh... Doesn't make sense. I can understand paying respects to the deceased, but he can't take the whole pie.

That's like you and three of your friends robbing a bank, all they do is watch out for you and you go get the money, then they talking bout give me an equal cut of the money for doing what, 1/4th of the job. BIGGIE didn't put in a 100% of the work man, and sure as hell not in two albums. But then again, that is my opinion, and again, dont hate me for saying that, all I am trying to do is clear that up...

If you listnen to Tech and then listen to Rakim, who is more likely to make you say damned... Hold on.... That was tight, or oh shit, he dogged the fuck outta that nigga.

Say if Tech had beef with Eminem, just outta curiosity, who'd win? Only a question cat... What about Tech & Nas. None of them even came as close to yada, yada, yada to me or the Vell Bakardy diss....

Rakim just invented metaphors.
He's on that Metaphoricaldynamicizepoposterous Mic damaging Wu-Tang Lyrical shit like that. Ask Tech to rap something to ya and he can give it to you anyway you want it.

Now I know yall gone call me a dick rider or whatever, but just because I know him doesn't mean that is why I am astonished with his lyrics. It just so happens that one of the best lyricist and best flow delivery artist in the game is from Kansas City.

Please name someone that is more creative, and I will probably tell you that you are true with an explanation, or wrong with an explanation, and if you can prove my facts that I stated are wrong then I will have to suck it up if what you say is right..

In a minute.........................:cool:

INFEST- You my dawg, I gotcha back cat...

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
MasZive said:
I dont hear anyone walking around reciting Rakim. Shit, go pop in a Rakim CD and then tell me what the fuck is he saying. "NOTHING!"
Rakim has had A LOT of influence on artists. A lot of artists have re-used or twisted Rakims lines and used them as their own. You ask 10 or 20 of YOUR favorite rappers who they think are the 10 best of all time. I guarantee you most if not all will mention Rakim.

MasZive said:
If you listnen to Tech and then listen to Rakim, who is more likely to make you say damned... Hold on.... That was tight, or oh shit, he dogged the fuck outta that nigga.
Both.

MasZive said:
Say if Tech had beef with Eminem, just outta curiosity, who'd win? Only a question cat...
Eminem would, he's a battle rapper, that's how he got started.

MasZive said:
Rakim just invented metaphors.
He's on that Metaphoricaldynamicizepoposterous Mic damaging Wu-Tang Lyrical shit like that.
That is just retarded.

Tech N9ne is not perfect, so stop trying to make him out to be that. If Tech N9ne is so great, then why do you feel the need to bash other artists to show that? If it was true then his talent would speak for itself. Why are you acting like Tech N9ne is the first and only artist to go un-noticed? Since the beginning of the music business very talented artists have gone ignored. It's all part of the game and it will continue to happen for a long time. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. SOMEONE has to be on the bottom. In this case it just happens to be your favorite artist.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
MasZive said:
I couldn't tell you a rakim verse to save my life
Then you can't speak on his talent. Also there are some people out there who can say the same about Tech N9ne. So your argument is pointless.