AAF File Format

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I'm currently running Cubase (and in the process of getting Nuendo) on a PC. Both Nuendo and ProTools support AFF importing and exporting. My question is, is this file format any better than an OMF file? I've exported OMF files and it only saves the audio and not the parameters of anything changed (volume, pans, eq, etc.). Does AAF files save these type of changes?

I ask this because if it does, I won't even bother purchasing ProTools and just stick with Cubase & Nuendo.

Jul 15, 2002
www.dankmobb.com
Nope.

OMF Open Media Framework

Standard multi-track audio format, often exported from digital audio workstation (DAW) software; commonly used to share audio projects between multiple audio applications.

The OMF format can store multiple tracks, volume and pan information, and references to audio files; however, not all settings, such as insertion effects and channel routing options, can be saved in an OMF file.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Nope.

OMF Open Media Framework

Standard multi-track audio format, often exported from digital audio workstation (DAW) software; commonly used to share audio projects between multiple audio applications.

The OMF format can store multiple tracks, volume and pan information, and references to audio files; however, not all settings, such as insertion effects and channel routing options, can be saved in an OMF file.
Okay. Thanks for that information. I have to read up about exporting them, because mine (exported from Cubase and opened in SONAR) only store the audio files; all volumes we back at 0, and all pans were centered.