A-Wax word play probably goes over fools heads like planes!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 14, 2006
east bay
Couldn't have said it any better, a wax is an over all better "rapper" you listen to a track and might end up replaying that same song back to back.. With blast I've heard whole projects that I had to skip through for the simple fact that he's just not up to par with making tracks that appeal. Blast holiday is sick but he's limited to a handful of songs.

Jul 4, 2011
No offense to anybody and its good to see wax gettin the recognition he deserves... But wax has been one of the dopest around. I been bumpin awax for probably like over ten years. Go check his catalog so you can know a lil bit better of what ppl are talkin about. Once u hear more youll see hes a hella versitile artist, hes got trap influenced west coast music, hes got some hip-hop style shit... Hes got some laid-back flow weed type songs... Savage times has some harder type uptempo mobbish shit... But he does all that while being completely original and never trying to copy anybody, no matter what hes doing theres still nobody that sounds like him and he dosent try to sound like anyone.

And blast holiday is up there with wax lyric-wise, but at the same time i think wax is a far better artist because blast has lyrics and not much else... As much as i like blast's raps, i can only name a couple of actual songs that i thought were exceptional as a whole. Theres more to being a great artist than putting together dope raps on a beat, and its not necisarily just the hooks he needs to work on. I cant pinpoint whats exactly missing but its something... Idk if id catagorize him as a freestyle/battle rapper, but its something similar to how some of the greatest battle rappers in the world actually struggle to come up with songs because all they do is just spit flows. Blast dosent lack meaningness in his songs, like he dosent sound misdirected, his songs have a message and all...but its something else hes lacking. And im not meaning he should start selling out and do some hit single for the radio type shit, but maybe he needs to find himself a trademark or something to give him more replay value. And another thing thats holding him back is his beat selection.
That's fair, I know what you mean. Honestly though that's kind of how I see A-Wax... He's solid lyrically but something's missing as far as the o/a package. I been listening to his older material today (65 G'z, Savage Times), it's good but doesn't grab me. Music's subjective anyway at the end of the day though, he obviously got real fans so he's doing something right.

Feb 14, 2004
E40 to me is the only one comparable

Fab gots lyrics

But it's about making solid albums

Smigg is dope but no solid albums

Feb 14, 2004
I see wax trying to sign to a big label

Is it possible to fuck w no limit

P looks like he's trying make moves again
Wax would be a good addition

Apr 25, 2002
Some of yall want Wax to do songs with contemporary hip hoppers, when wax is on that gangsta shit that shit wouldn't work mane..

Wax needs to do some real radio shit. cash out on beats and make something worth a lot of money. it dont matter who he's rappin with as long as their name is worth money. he aint gotta dumb down his writing skills. Fabolous, (early) Em, Kanye (and his ghostwriters), Bun B, and Drake have all been able to make "pop songs" with real interesting, lyrical verses. it's all about what you feel your worth and how your gonna market your self toward that. i been a Wax fan since they use to play the ghetto ass Savage Times commercial on a video show outta Pittsburg (and then he performed once) over 10 years ago. and the dopest shit he's done since then was fuckin with Riff Raff recently. dude needs to keep movin in that direction.

an artists biggest pro is his fans. an artists biggest con is his fans.

*edit
Wax and Spice would be dope tho.

Aug 17, 2002
Some of yall want Wax to do songs with contemporary hip hoppers, when wax is on that gangsta shit that shit wouldn't work mane..

A-Wax & Spice 1 needs to happen!
i dunno about that. there've been good examples of gangster rappers workin with hip hoppers in the past.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Wax needs to do some real radio shit. cash out on beats and make something worth a lot of money. it dont matter who he's rappin with as long as their name is worth money. he aint gotta dumb down his writing skills. Fabolous, (early) Em, Kanye (and his ghostwriters), Bun B, and Drake have all been able to make "pop songs" with real interesting, lyrical verses. it's all about what you feel your worth and how your gonna market your self toward that. i been a Wax fan since they use to play the ghetto ass Savage Times commercial on a video show outta Pittsburg (and then he performed once) over 10 years ago. and the dopest shit he's done since then was fuckin with Riff Raff recently. dude needs to keep movin in that direction.

an artists biggest pro is his fans. an artists biggest con is his fans.

*edit
Wax and Spice would be dope tho.
wax allready fucks with nonstop, he dont need to cash out for nobody else if he fucking with nonstop.

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
Wax ain't really about that "radio shit"... I can't really speak on it myself but I feel like that's too mainstream for him.

Last edited:

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Wax ain't really about that "radio shit"... I can't really speak on it too much but I feel like that's too mainstream for himself.
every artist goal is there spread there art, its like people say Kurt Cobain didnt wanna blow up, but if his videos didnt play enough he would be making hella calls complaining.