A-Wax - Diamond Pendants & Charges Pending [Album Stream]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2005
Bro this might be the best of the last 3 he dropped in the last 4 months! He is on FIRE right now.
That was my feeling before this drop. I listened to it again and the last songs on the album are pretty dope. His word play and lyrics are always top notch. I just feel like too many songs on here sound the same. Pace felt a little slower.

Props: DUTCH-F.E
Apr 25, 2002
A-Wax is now Drake Wax. Too much singing
Yup!

I stopped really checking for Wax an album or two after Pullin Strings vol. 1.

It was a noticeable drop in quality after the break-up w/ Nonstop.

No disrespect and I will always root for Wax - but the music just isnt there for me anymore. Hasnt been for a while. Few really good songs here and there, but thats it.

Props: Ezoterick

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Yup!

I stopped really checking for Wax an album or two after Pullin Strings vol. 1.

It was a noticeable drop in quality after the break-up w/ Nonstop.

No disrespect and I will always root for Wax - but the music just isnt there for me anymore. Hasnt been for a while. Few really good songs here and there, but thats it.

The craziest part about everything you saying is that he is out performing all his old numbers, social media is growing and he is by far and away making more money off the post Pulling Strings albums than he did on anything prior or up to. So its a tough call... Roll with the times and get to the money and the new fans, or stay stagnant, do no changes to the sound/feel of the music and never grow? And lets not forget he is fighting a case, on double ankle monitors with trial looming, & on house arrest. And he is still out working a lot of artists with the odds stacked in their favor. The music right now is a direct reflection of all the shit I just typed.

I think we look back when Wax is done with music and appreciate the entire body of work as a whole. He is a GREAT look for Northern California music, culture and history.

All respect!

Apr 25, 2002
The craziest part about everything you saying is that he is out performing all his old numbers, social media is growing and he is by far and away making more money off the post Pulling Strings albums than he did on anything prior or up to. So its a tough call... Roll with the times and get to the money and the new fans, or stay stagnant, do no changes to the sound/feel of the music and never grow? And lets not forget he is fighting a case, on double ankle monitors with trial looming, & on house arrest. And he is still out working a lot of artists with the odds stacked in their favor. The music right now is a direct reflection of all the shit I just typed.

I think we look back when Wax is done with music and appreciate the entire body of work as a whole. He is a GREAT look for Northern California music, culture and history.

All respect!
Thats dope!

Glad to hear Wax is getting his money and growing his fanbase! If anybody deserves the credit, he does! His body of work should be recognized with the all time greats of Bay rap! Will forever be a fan of his older work.

There is still some new songs he has out that I fuck with. Just havent been able to get into an entire album, or even a majority of it, since PS vol 1.

I will stay rooting for him tho!

Props: dalycity650
Apr 4, 2015
Between the music and the merch he’s been hard at work the whole of 2020. This album is good, better than Allegedly and I’d say is on par with Pullin More Stringz. Can’t wait for physical copies