A Guy Called Slim

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2002
art is beautiful inspired from life... life is precious.

i done talked to this guy, fresh out of jail, tryin to change to the point that when he saw me he started talkin to me about his life. he then reinforced education n' morals never to let it stop becuz "jail is no place to be... jail is hell..." there i was -- skinny collegian with a taste for the streets and enough desire to become somebody... and in front of me, was the thuggiest looking guy around, with his eyes teary, looking up to me. "Slim" as he is known around, has had a bit of an impact on me. his story is too long to tell... and the scar that ran accross his eye testify that... we talked about hardships in life. he then bought me lunch despite me continuously refusing it... he said he wanted to do something good before all is over for him... that he wishes he could do more... the man was working a minimum wave job cuz he couldn't get anything better with his prison record yet he ordered me a $6+ meal... it may not sound like much, but it's mostly touching... anyhow, Slim said he sensed that i was the right person to talk to... all the while, i sensed that he was in trouble but was quite general when discussing things. his eyes were red. he confessed he was "tipsy"... he gave me his digits and said to please talk to his wife n' tell her he's "ok n' comin home tonight" -- and so i did... at first, his wife seemed like she no longer wanted to hear about him but after talkin to her n' hearin' her mention "the kids" it became obvious that she feared and cared for him... Finally Slim asked me to pray for him, that he too, would pray for me...

in the end "realers" know when to put the shit aside... i think Slim understood the rap quote "reconsider before you die"... I just wanted to write off of this true experience for it to be a reality check cuz in the midst of our passion for gangsta/thug rap, both artists and listeners sometimes get way off track. as interpreted by my eyes, this is the life.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
where and when you meet him doesnt matter...for the fact that he's trying to save you is whats the best part of the hole story...thats peace for reals