A Funny Quote!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What do you want to see most in NW Rap's near-future?

• Solo Albums

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Group Albums

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • \"SuperGroup\" Albums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compilation Albums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixtapes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other/Tadou\'s album so I can clown the fuck out of it!!!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I talk alot of shit...true...but i just now realized i never really start my own threads...what was i thinking?! Well, i was reading this interesting interview when i came accross this quote:

"We are going to be starting a project that I feel will put Street Level Records in the national spotlight for sure. Byrdie, Syko & Sarkastik are doing a group project called Lyricide. It should drop in the summer of 2002. " - D-Sane

--about which time i began to weep hysterically :(

(Edited to add):

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

C

CinFul-1

Depends it dont really matter, a solo cd, always has 52 guest appearences, so it's a comp or a group CD. their all the same

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
tadou said:
"We are going to be starting a project that I feel will put Street Level Records in the national spotlight for sure. Byrdie, Syko & Sarkastik are doing a group project called Lyricide. It should drop in the summer of 2002. " - D-Sane

--about which time i began to weep hysterically
You too? :(

The possibilities were endless.......

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
This board is, more or less...the "center" of NW rap talk...so i thought this would be the perfect time to let people talk about which TYPE of albums they'd like to see more of--not artists themselves, or labels, or ANYTHING like that---but strictly the TYPE of albums they'd like to be exposed to..

I dont take criticism of my talent well (as u all have seen :) ), but if there's 1 thing an up-and-coming rapper, a manager, a label CEO, a DJ, a producer *AND* a radio station can NEVER have too much of, its research...

That "Northern Lights" compilation that Jus Family is workin on is looking, well..SUPREME is the word for it...but every type of album (even more likely with underground) still has its usual weaknesses (bear with me)...

Solo--Lack of Diversity and "Command" By The Artist
Group--1-2 Persons Who "Carry" The Group, and Others Who Slack
SuperGroup--Too Many EGO's, and Conflicting Interests, ESPECIALLY
Compilation--Hard To Promote & Even Harder to Perform
Mixtapes--Dont Make Any Money!! So nobody's even TRYING...

First group that touches all 5 bases (Pentagon Philosophy...learn about it!!@#) is gonna have the NW on lock....

SLR was MADD close...but it just didnt work out... :(

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
as long as it's tight, who cares....whether solo, group, comp, whatever, if it's tight, then i'm getting it regardless.....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
Solo--Lack of Diversity and "Command" By The Artist
Group--1-2 Persons Who "Carry" The Group, and Others Who Slack
SuperGroup--Too Many EGO's, and Conflicting Interests, ESPECIALLY
Compilation--Hard To Promote & Even Harder to Perform
Mixtapes--Dont Make Any Money!! So nobody's even TRYING...

First group that touches all 5 bases (Pentagon Philosophy...learn about it!!@#) is gonna have the NW on lock....

SLR was MADD close...but it just didnt work out...

solo-byrdie and syko
group-ik
supergroup-fts
compilation-out later this year, i think
mixtape-who fuckin cares.

they will be the first. slr is the best in the northwest. regardless if they have a fuckin' mixtape or not.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Cant get on the radio without being "known"
Cant be "known" without being on the radio

KMTV--i mean, KUBE--doesnt play much NW music, and when they do, its 3 songs at 11pm(more like 11:45) on Sundays, when nobody's really listening...its time to wake muhfuckas up!!

Im a fan of message boards, in a way...not because of what they are but because of what they COULD be...for example, paste a single thread with 5 SLR songs in the SLR forum, and for whatever song gets the most votes in the "week", everybody calls KUBE on the same day to request it, and show love...its PURE potential...but it aint happening...

Ive got ideas for days...but then again, what do i know? im just lil ol me in some small Washington town out in the middle of nowhere...

Apr 25, 2002
i'm feelin' that.....

tadou got some good points...as many of you know...me n tadou got into a lil argument on nwkultur..it's all gravy now...but he does have some good points..oh tadou...my bad my phone died the other night.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Thanx for the support, Villain....Its all gravy now...keep workin on your music, and ima do the same (every day, like clockwork)...when you ready to lay down a cut or two or 5 (preferrably, in a single weekend)...holla at ya boy!

How i feel about being unsigned is like this: If you feel like you're the best man for the "job", why not say you're the best? Confidence, Talent and POTENTIAL is what successful labels look for and obtain...only the wack upstarts focus on Location, Previous Experience and other seemingly insignificant criteria (damn i talk funny)

Back to the topic...Mixtapes is in the lead so far, which im likin...Compilations and Mixtapes are VERY similar but Mixtapes also have those SUB-UNDERGROUND artists, tight freestyles, new remixes, song snippets, and much much more...they dont make much money, but then again, what NW albums *ARE* making much money??

To get on the map, with the way current hiphop is, we gonna need East Coast credibility yet maintain the West Coast Flavor...whoever gets closest to that (Syko, Byrdie, Sarkastic so far i think are the closest ive heard) first is gonna take the throne...

<--is still crying about the "Lyricide" project :(

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

Help some of these local labels out...

labels like Ocean Records, Way Out Records, Lynx Records, that alot of yall dont even know about...

help em know what they should be workin on....aight?

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
So Its Like...Everybody's So Busy Studying Their Keyboard

---(Dumbass Blonde Girlfriend Rearranged Em In Alphabetical Order!)---

...That Yall forgot how to click a couple buttons...?!?!? Damn it, i NEVER post my own threads, so when i do, its somethin thats gonna BENEFIT THESE LOCAL LABELS...!!!

I personally voted for Mixtapes...the people that put em together--well, they usually dont make shit! So if you look around for people who TRULY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE MUSIC....THEY"RE FUCKIN AROUND WITH MIXTAPES!!! (I'd start puttin out a monthly NW mixtape, but i'd look like a tool, cuz i dont even have turntables, a mixer, or any vinyls!!!)

Mixtapes is like a portable mp3.com...Any new artist you can think of is gonna be on it!

1) They aint label specific...

2) "experience" doesnt matter...

and MOST IMPORTANT, 3) Up-And-Coming artists dont need to worry about "being an established local artist, with an an album out and a following"(This Person I'm Quoting Is Wack! Ill be nice, and not say who, though!)

...Anybody else got some comments/votes...???