A Famine is Coming

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
BTW, here is the article about the "exaflood" in 2010 that I AM is referring to:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20071124/tc_pcworld/139885

Here are some retorts to this research:

http://www.freepress.net/news/28309

On this one, read the discussion comments at the bottom of the article:

http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/2007/11/20/suckered-by-astroturf/

Interesting on both sides of the firewall...pun intended.
Actually, what I am talking about is not going to happen in 2010--it'll be a couple to several years after that. So that's not exactly what I'm referring to, but nice try.

May 9, 2002
Actually, what I am talking about is not going to happen in 2010--it'll be a couple to several years after that. So that's not exactly what I'm referring to, but nice try.
Well, the article i posted is what you described in your initiasl past..i merely googled it and found that and it seemed to match almost exactly what you were refering to.

Am i mistaken, or is there some other completely differnt article, written about a data collecting company that did a research on the amount of bandwidth that will be exceeded in the next few years from too many poeple streamning media?

:ermm:

*shrugs*

May 9, 2002
Well then, I guess depending on where you moved, we could still bet, lol.
Ravenna.

I know the future, but that's because I'm Jesus.
OK.

Why not wager on it? I'm not talking about a fucking RACK. I'm talkin like $20-50 here. Or I'll smoke a blunt with you if I lose.
Uhhh...cus it isnt even near that serious maybe?

And about fiber optics, they aren't just starting to use them, that's shit was around 10 years ago when all those big ass phone companies got sold cause they lost a ton of money from installing that shit and not getting enough people to be able to afford it....the same shit will happen.
Sorry, I shoulld have been more clear. It is going to be installed and IS being laid down for RESIDENTIAL use....and its not as expensive as you may think.

You can deny it and say it's not gonna happen, but there's only so far that this shit can go. Either way, it's not something worth arguing about or really furthering in a dicussion...but if you want to put 20 or a blunt or whatever on it, I'm game.
I never said it WASNT gonna happen, i merely said NO ONE knows what WILL happen...nothing more. Maybe it WILL, maybe it WONT.

Mar 4, 2007
seriously, if the internet goes down, then it goes down.

my quality of life won't change.
i just would probably spend more time actually walking around and conversing with people on a deeper level...i do anyways, i just LIKE doin it out of my own home lol. lazy ass, i know.

i'll still be me, and i'll still be able to teach my students as a teacher.
ill just have to grade things with a pen and paper.
we've done things without the internet before. and we can do it again....lol

so if this done happen as soon as its expected, then i think everyone should start gettin on the journey to peace with theirself, so they can truly see life for what it is, and not what they've created it to be.