A Dying Rap Game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Here, I'll make this easy and take this straight from the wiki.

Red oceans represent all the industries in existence today – the known market space. In the red oceans, industry boundaries are defined and accepted, and the competitive rules of the game are known. Here companies try to outperform their rivals to grab a greater share of product or service demand. As the market space gets crowded, prospects for profits and growth are reduced. Products become commodities or niche, and cutthroat competition turns the ocean bloody; hence, the term "red oceans".

Blue oceans, in contrast, denote all the industries not in existence today – the unknown market space, untainted by competition. In blue oceans, demand is created rather than fought over. There is ample opportunity for growth that is both profitable and rapid. In blue oceans, competition is irrelevant because the rules of the game are waiting to be set. Blue ocean is an analogy to describe the wider, deeper potential of market space that is not yet explored.

PROJECT MONARK (my company) plays in the blue ocean space. Everyone else needs to see where they're playing and adjust accordingly.

Here, I'll make this easy and take this straight from the wiki.

Red oceans represent all the industries in existence today – the known market space. In the red oceans, industry boundaries are defined and accepted, and the competitive rules of the game are known. Here companies try to outperform their rivals to grab a greater share of product or service demand. As the market space gets crowded, prospects for profits and growth are reduced. Products become commodities or niche, and cutthroat competition turns the ocean bloody; hence, the term "red oceans".

Blue oceans, in contrast, denote all the industries not in existence today – the unknown market space, untainted by competition. In blue oceans, demand is created rather than fought over. There is ample opportunity for growth that is both profitable and rapid. In blue oceans, competition is irrelevant because the rules of the game are waiting to be set. Blue ocean is an analogy to describe the wider, deeper potential of market space that is not yet explored.

PROJECT MONARK (my company) plays in the blue ocean space. Everyone else needs to see where they're playing and adjust accordingly.
\

I'd like to learn more about your company.

Last edited:

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I just want to add that the expectation of blown up in terms of wealth don't seem what the new and interim crowd (especially millennials) was/is really all about.
I've been closely observant of northern Cali Mexican rappers being one and I think attention has been a big motive. The lack of longevity was due to the wrong attention (being attacked and critiqued harder than they can handle) and it refreshes the faces. I've seen so much Money invested with no urgency on return let alone profit..
Seriously, it's just a means for them to feel like socialites..

May 16, 2002
I just want to add that the expectation of blown up in terms of wealth don't seem what the new and interim crowd (especially millennials) was/is really all about.
I've been closely observant of northern Cali Mexican rappers being one and I think attention has been a big motive. The lack of longevity was due to the wrong attention (being attacked and critiqued harder than they can handle) and it refreshes the faces. I've seen so much Money invested with no urgency on return let alone profit..
Seriously, it's just a means for them to feel like socialites..
Business school lesson 101 - "if you're not growing you're dying"
In a nutshell. ^^^^

Yet, I continue with the music and my independent company and never down grading the music itself. I believe that a lot of new music (not all) as far as the style is nothing more than the new gimmick, new trend, latest fad, but will fade out just like, reggaeton, Dirty South sound (West Coast rappers wanting to sound with a southern slang, album covers had that Dirty South feel / look,) the hyphy movement etc.

Some of those types of music existed before and continue, but they just became extra popular for a certain time. Many artist make the mistake of jumping on bandwagons just to try to get on. I understand on evolving, but too many artist completely sell themselves out. It's pretty much like old school or family photos popping up. You look back and ask yourself, WTF was I wearing? I needed a haircut, I look like an idiot, but I thought I was cool at the time.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
\

I'd like to learn more about your company.
We are PROJECT MONARK, a transmedia entertainment company dedicated to telling the most original and innovative stories. A number of people sit at the table (meaning they form the board and company), some are working on PhDs others work in the non profit sector and we have something called THE INFRASTRUCTURE which is basically a think tank group devoted to exploring our options. Right now, we see emerging markets, especially in the VR and AR realm so we're looking to tap into that in a more organic way by doing the concept albums.

GOD'S CALAMITY isn't the only concept album we have and we will do nothing but concept albums. PERIOD. I have nothing against artists who record hundreds of songs, pick the best 20 and release that as an album but too many people are playing in that space. Our focus is on the story, taking music back to story telling and hopefully we can create a movement where bay area rap artists are known for concept albums, which never go out of style, as opposed to bay area artist releasing albums based on current fads in the music industry and/or instrumental/beat choices. And yes, if someone wants to hop on board with what we're doing we are ALWAYS open to talk.

We have RETURN OF THE BIG OCEAN which is straight up street shit with the theme being the pimp game as the lead artist on the project actually pimped before. We already have the songs done it's just getting the interludes, foley and all of that done now. Production was handled by 6 Fingaz, Auditory, Scandal and myself. I purchased some tracks from this one lying ass nigga, who shot me the multitracks, said they came from him but in reality came from another source. So because of this we will give the album away for free. But just because it's free, that doesn't mean we didn't put the work into it. In fact, we probably put more work into it then GC we it comes to certain things.

We're also working on the LET'S FACE FACTS podcast which is basically a no holds barred podcast that will first focus on bay area music and then branch out into other topics/issues and markets. I don't really want to get into the shows format but it's going to be different than what you get from your typical podcast because of the way we're developing it.

So that's us in a nutshell. A group of out of the box thinkers dedicated to telling stories and creating franchises.

Apr 25, 2002
We are PROJECT MONARK, a transmedia entertainment company dedicated to telling the most original and innovative stories. A number of people sit at the table (meaning they form the board and company), some are working on PhDs others work in the non profit sector and we have something called THE INFRASTRUCTURE which is basically a think tank group devoted to exploring our options. Right now, we see emerging markets, especially in the VR and AR realm so we're looking to tap into that in a more organic way by doing the concept albums.

GOD'S CALAMITY isn't the only concept album we have and we will do nothing but concept albums. PERIOD. I have nothing against artists who record hundreds of songs, pick the best 20 and release that as an album but too many people are playing in that space. Our focus is on the story, taking music back to story telling and hopefully we can create a movement where bay area rap artists are known for concept albums, which never go out of style, as opposed to bay area artist releasing albums based on current fads in the music industry and/or instrumental/beat choices. And yes, if someone wants to hop on board with what we're doing we are ALWAYS open to talk.

We have RETURN OF THE BIG OCEAN which is straight up street shit with the theme being the pimp game as the lead artist on the project actually pimped before. We already have the songs done it's just getting the interludes, foley and all of that done now. Production was handled by 6 Fingaz, Auditory, Scandal and myself. I purchased some tracks from this one lying ass nigga, who shot me the multitracks, said they came from him but in reality came from another source. So because of this we will give the album away for free. But just because it's free, that doesn't mean we didn't put the work into it. In fact, we probably put more work into it then GC we it comes to certain things.

We're also working on the LET'S FACE FACTS podcast which is basically a no holds barred podcast that will first focus on bay area music and then branch out into other topics/issues and markets. I don't really want to get into the shows format but it's going to be different than what you get from your typical podcast because of the way we're developing it.

So that's us in a nutshell. A group of out of the box thinkers dedicated to telling stories and creating franchises.

good luck on your shit. west coast aint never been a concept hip hop album state.

you ever fuck with Masta Ace? dude has always been ahead of his time in my opinion. he had the concept albums Disposable Arts and A Long Hot Summer. not the pick 20 of your best song type shit. it's shit with a plan.

as far as albums based on current fads in the music industry and/or instrumental/beat choices, i think Puff took a page from Masta Ace's book when he made BIG do Juicy and Big Poppa (and Me & My Bitch "The Show" version). he did shit specifically for the west coast like Masta Ace did with Born To Roll, and some other shit he did after. i know them dudes got hated on out there where they're from but that shit paid off. gotta be willing to do more than what the locals want you to do.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
good luck on your shit. west coast aint never been a concept hip hop album state.

you ever fuck with Masta Ace? dude has always been ahead of his time in my opinion. he had the concept albums Disposable Arts and A Long Hot Summer. not the pick 20 of your best song type shit. it's shit with a plan.

as far as albums based on current fads in the music industry and/or instrumental/beat choices, i think Puff took a page from Masta Ace's book when he made BIG do Juicy and Big Poppa (and Me & My Bitch "The Show" version). he did shit specifically for the west coast like Masta Ace did with Born To Roll, and some other shit he did after. i know them dudes got hated on out there where they're from but that shit paid off. gotta be willing to do more than what the locals want you to do.
Thanks for the well wishes. It doesn't seem right that the only cats to come out of Northern Cali with a concept album are Lynch, Rav and myself. You have a SHIT LOAD of talent in northern cali yet a lot of people are stuck on doing some otehr shit instead of realizing that VR and AR is about to take off and you want something for that shit outside of music videos and tracks.

And Masta Ace had some cool shit. A lot of his shit did have a west coast feel to it. Listen to some Khayree shit then play Sitten on Chrome. You will think you're still listening to some west shit.

Apr 7, 2006
just got back from SXSW.. A lotta music, fans, and enough money getting thrown around to compete with the GDP of a small country..

Things could be worse.. Just gotta look between the lines and find an unoccupied lane..

Last edited: