90" decade vs present day

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2008
sup folks, I may be wasting my time but fuck it. i'm a little dissapointed in the rap of today.. i thought like most things in life develop and get better...but was i mistakin. not to say that some music of today is cool but it don't fell like it did in the 90's. now maybe because i'm a 92 grad from vallejo high...(old fart i know) but it just seemed more relevant and concept minded...like if you put out anything from pac,cube,jay,nas,biggie...and even 40 it would be the hottest shit out......i may be livin in the past but i was walkin past my son's room today and he was listenin to some shit called the STANKY LEG...LMAO! now i'm not one of those clowns to say blame it it just him but it's not the same....hey just my thought...kill me if you want

Apr 23, 2006
it may not be as relevant to you now because you are no longer the target audience

the way i see it is that different generations are going to have different mind sets and general experiences

imagine being born close to or after 9/11 and only knowing the world as this crazy place it is now... that kinda shit is gunna mold people differently than previous genereations

... fuck the stanky leg tho lol you should have made him turn that shit off

Nov 13, 2004
I graduated in 94...and I came up on Bay music and Im here to tell u there is no comparison IMO. The 90's was the shit!!!!!!!!! I respect the new cats but they aint fuckin with the og's.

Dec 9, 2003
I said it before I'll say it again. everyone wanna go shiney suit. just drop that shit that got you famous. thinkin you gonna catch a bigger audience. nope. only thing your doin is losing your original listeners. 95 was the best year in rap muzik period.

May 16, 2002
90 Music is untouchable.

Today's music is filled with a lot of gimmicks and 9 outta 10 is hot garbage with a huge budget for promotion. More hard work & time goes into making the covers look good, than taking the hard work and energy and putting into the music.

Back in the day I'd see one to two adds for an album and that was it. I'd pick it up and it was solid. Today, I see adds everywhere for months and the shit get's pushed back only to be released at a later date and still be trash.

Shit, I remember back in the day, grabbing the Cd's off the rack and I'd read the track list as I sat in the car and started to play the Cd. Never even think about it cause I knew it'd be good. Today, I'll stop read the track list and put the shit right back on the shelf and walk away.

Jan 22, 2007
Jacka, Nickatina, Keak(for a while), Quinn, Mess, & a couple of new cats out the Bay are makin' really good music, but these "other-ass-niggaz" I don't mess with.....It was cool in the early 00's but enough is enough......

Feb 21, 2006
today can't compare to the 90's

1. 90's beats were top notch
2. 90's people were rappin about shit that cats could relate to
3. present people rap about money, jewelry, and hoes (no struggle)
4. way too many (garbage) rappers now to filter through

Dec 20, 2003
in the 90's we had an identity we had our own sound nowadays most rappers (not all) in the bay try and copy what is hot on mtv or the radio and follow that trend like i said the 90's we had an identity we need that back pz

Feb 9, 2008
man white pants did it...lol. i remeber gettin dat all eyes on me cd. and as soon as i put in it..i wont deny it i'm a stright rider...man! had my caprice classic bumpin wit 4 6x9 and 2 12's...lol