7 year old locks him and little sister in bathroom and calls 911

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2008
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=7322108

NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy hiding in the bathroom of his home pleads for help when three armed robbers broke into his family's Norwalk home Tuesday, threatening his parents. This was his dramatic 911 call.

Operator: "911, state your emergency"

Boy: "There's some guy that's going to kill my mom and dad. Can you come please?"

Operator: "OK. How old are you?"

Boy: "Can you come really fast please, please?"

Operator: "Can you tell me what happened?"

Boy: "They rang the door and they have guns to shoot my mom and dad."

Operator: "Right now?"

Boy: "Yes. Can you come really fast? Bring some cops?"

Operator: "I have them coming, hon. Listen, OK? Listen to me. Take a deep breath. How old are you?"

Boy: "Seven years old."

Operator: "Where are you at in the house?"

Boy: "Inside the bathroom."

Operator: "You're in the bathroom? Who's with you?"

Boy: "It's my sister."

Operator: "How old is she?"

Boy: "Six years old. Can you come really fast? Hurry up!"

Operator: "Yes. Stay on the line with me. Don't hang up."

Boy: "OK."

Operator: "Tell me exactly what happened, OK? Just stay where you are and don't hang up, whatever you do."

Boy: "OK. They ring. The guys have a --"

Next, screaming can be heard over the phone.

When asked by the armed robbers who was on the phone, the boy told them he had called 911. That caused the suspects to immediately flee without taking anything.

Everyone was OK after the incident.

Monique Patino, the 911 dispatcher took the call from the 7-year-old, spoke out Tuesday night.

"At first, they were very scared, terrified. They were screaming, asking for help. I just had him take a deep breath, reassured him that we were on our way, we're sending help to him," said Patino. "Every call is different, but this one was the most heart-wrenching for me. It just -- I got really shaken up. I'm relieved that they are safe and knowing that they're OK, that was my first priority."

A Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman released a statement which said in part: "If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, it might have ended tragically."

The three suspects were not located by authorities.

Anyone with information on the suspects in this case was urged to call L.A. County Sheriff's detectives in Norwalk at (562) 863-8711.

(Copyright ©2010 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Los Angeles News »

Tags:home invasion, los angeles news
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo

Nov 1, 2005
fucked up situation but this was kinda funny...

"Bring cops . . . a lot of them! . . . And soldiers too," the boy said. He told the dispatcher that he thought his parents had been shot.

Apr 3, 2008
well obviously his parents are some dope fiends that owe money. fuck them

poor kids though, go live with grandma for a few
you never know.. they could of been ballin too.. which i think was more likely scenario.. cuzz if they was fiends that owed money and someone sent the goons on em.. i think they wouldnt leave over 911. they just get it done quick and get the fuck outta dodge.. therefore it was probably some meth heads tryna pull a lick for a quick fix.. hear 911 and leave empty handed all spooked and twacked out.