6 Top-Notch Plug-Ins for the Price of 1!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
This deal is fuckin' sweet.

It must be the economy, because there's been some ridiculous deals on plugins lately.

FYI - you can get it at J&R for even cheaper, $79 bucks for the 6 for 1.

esounds has a special too, where they give you $25 off your next purchase and throw in some sample packs, so basically you get a better deal from those two vendors than buying them direct.

If you want to try first, install the demos, then just authorize later when/if you buy.

Also, even though these are "mastering plugins" a lot of this shit can be used on single tracks (especially drums)

STRATEGY

Apr 7, 2006
Also, even though these are "mastering plugins" a lot of this shit can be used on single tracks (especially drums)
Actually the Pultec is more the other way around... it is mainly used for single traks but is also great on the 2 bus & can be used for mastering...

In addition to working well with single trak applications, the Fairchild is widely used as a buss/submix compressor ... but I personally wouldn't use it for master-bus compression... Some have used it for mastering, I wouldn't though... but as they say in the audio community: YMMV

Not sure about the Opto-Compressor... but if it's like an LA2A (one of the most popular Opto-Compressors of all time) it's attack & release settings will not be fast enough for mastering purposes... although it could be used in mastering with the compression bypassed so that only the gain is engaged for 'tube-driven flavor'... but it looks like it offers a wider range of controls, similar to a Summit Audio DCL-200... If that's the case & it offers fast attack/release settings, it could be used for mastering... but don't expect the results to compare to those of which a real analog optical unit is being used lol

It looks like the rest of the T-Racks' line can be used for mastering,
The Brickwall Limiter, Linear Phase Equalizer, & Complete Metering Suite look ideal for mastering, but as I said before, I would stay away from the yellow ones lol

If you're looking for a plug-in compressor to use for mastering -I would recommend one that offers faster attack & release settings, such as UAD's Neve 33609 or Wave's API 2500...

Haha - I killed some good time with this post... now it's time to get ready for lunch!!

Mar 17, 2006
Actually the Pultec is more the other way around... it is mainly used for single traks but is also great on the 2 bus & can be used for mastering...

In addition to working well with single trak applications, the Fairchild is widely used as a buss/submix compressor ... but I personally wouldn't use it for master-bus compression... Some have used it for mastering, I wouldn't though... but as they say in the audio community: YMMV

Not sure about the Opto-Compressor... but if it's like an LA2A (one of the most popular Opto-Compressors of all time) it's attack & release settings will not be fast enough for mastering purposes... although it could be used in mastering with the compression bypassed so that only the gain is engaged for 'tube-driven flavor'... but it looks like it offers a wider range of controls, similar to a Summit Audio DCL-200... If that's the case & it offers fast attack/release settings, it could be used for mastering... but don't expect the results to compare to those of which a real analog optical unit is being used lol

It looks like the rest of the T-Racks' line can be used for mastering,
The Brickwall Limiter, Linear Phase Equalizer, & Complete Metering Suite look ideal for mastering, but as I said before, I would stay away from the yellow ones lol

If you're looking for a plug-in compressor to use for mastering -I would recommend one that offers faster attack & release settings, such as UAD's Neve 33609 or Wave's API 2500...

Haha - I killed some good time with this post... now it's time to get ready for lunch!!
So far I grabbed the OPTO and the 670 for now.

I get to pick three more....

What's wrong with the Yellow ones?

Anyway, what other three should I get? Keep in mind, I have zero plug-in efx other than this. I have the Native efx in Live 7 is all I'm currently using. I'm thinking that the Pultec EQ is a no-brainer, the Hall Reverb I havwe no choice in, getting that regardless.

No yellow?

Oh ordered from Esoundz and they kicked in as assload of sounds packs.

This might end ob being the best hundred clams I ever spent.,

The group buy is still uP for like 4 more days guys.

STRATEGY