• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
Still... What the fuck is an Adele?

Edit: OK I checked that bitch out and I've heard of her. That shit is seriously number one??

Well at least she's not Katy Perry, am I right fellas? Huh?

UP TOP!
i fux with adele,she's a beast... i love her... great artist...

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
dayum i remember back in the day chamillionaire sold like 25-30k of mixtape messiah 1 hes was rappin bout makin 440k inna month underground 10 bux a cd

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
If I remember correctly a typical artist with a major deal make between .95 to 1.30 per copy sold.
Last i heard the big artists that signed to a major BEFORE getting famous are getting closer to .50 to .95 an album. These days most mainstream rappers dont make much at all off of album sales. Barely anyone is hitting gold, and most rappers dont start getting paid until CD costs are covered. That means that the label gets their promo money back, producers get paid and the CDs themselves get paid for before rappers get a dime.

dayum i remember back in the day chamillionaire sold like 25-30k of mixtape messiah 1 hes was rappin bout makin 440k inna month underground 10 bux a cd
Highly possible. that doesnt take out the cost of making the CD though. but from what i hear, Chamillionaire was one of the first artists to sign a 50/50 deal with a big label. Thats the reason why hes still ballin even though he hasnt had a hit since like '08. Plus he had the first platinum selling ringtone