5 Finger Death Punch They Way of the Fist

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2006
What you guys think of this album/band.? I think they do a good job at balancing out the screming and singing and sounds good doing both. Decent instrumental section as well.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i seen them earlier this year when i went to see all that remains. they put on a good show.been listening to them ever since

Sep 17, 2006
won't/don't know how to post links but after a few more weeks of listening I am feeling the absolute fuck outta this album. A little cartoony, but besides A7X, there is no other metal band out trying different things like this album.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
but besides A7X, there is no other metal band out trying different things like this album.
I didn't listen to the album so what kinds of "different things" are you talking about?

Because if you think these guys or A7X are leading the pack of bands "trying different things" in metal then I just don't know what to really say.

Sep 17, 2006
I didn't listen to the album so what kinds of "different things" are you talking about?

Because if you think these guys or A7X are leading the pack of bands "trying different things" in metal then I just don't know what to really say.
As far as 5 Finger goes, there is a little bit of humor in the music, whereas I feel like most bands in this genre take themselves too seriously. All of it sounds the same to me, and I feel The Way of the Fist is varied in style. They will only get better in my opinion, but that will probably mean leaving the metal scene all together.

A7X used to be pretty much inaudible screaming and sloppy playing ( can't stand either ), on CIty of Evil he changed his voice alot and the band became more alternative metal ( more my style ), and on the newere one, experimenting with all types of instruments. There is a broadway/opera styled song, 2 "country" type ballads, talk box, children's choir, female vocals, etc.
Not saying it's the best shit in the world, but it fits MY taste fine, and I'm all for proggression in musicians, fuck sticking to one style unless your name is AC/DC lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Eh, metalcore isn't real metal. I agree with RedStorm even though I like some of it.

It's a hybrid of hardcore/metal so I don't think it really fits in either catagory more then the other.

Like most subgenres of rock though metalcore is more known for the fashionable scene bands that are called metalcore when they really aren't then the bands with actual talent.

I wouldn't call these guys metalcore though. And while I try not to talk much about bands I don't like I downloaded this album last night and thought it was complete crap. But whatever, people like what they like.

lol @ the guitarist from W.A.S.P. being in this band though.

Sep 17, 2006
Eh, metalcore isn't real metal. I agree with RedStorm even though I like some of it.

It's a hybrid of hardcore/metal so I don't think it really fits in either catagory more then the other.

Like most subgenres of rock though metalcore is more known for the fashionable scene bands that are called metalcore when they really aren't then the bands with actual talent.

I wouldn't call these guys metalcore though. And while I try not to talk much about bands I don't like I downloaded this album last night and thought it was complete crap. But whatever, people like what they like.

lol @ the guitarist from W.A.S.P. being in this band though.

I think the drummer is also from W.A.S.P.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

I can't get into this album. It's totally because I'm not a fan of scream metal, or whatever it's called, but the only songs I like are the more melodic ones that are slowed down.

MIND YOU, this is coming from a guy whose opinion of good metal was Dave Williams Drowning Pool, so that should sum it up.