49ers trade Shaun Hill

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
http://freep.com/article/20100314/SPORTS01/100314018/

The Detroit Lions have acquired quarterback Shaun Hill from the San Francisco 49ers for a seventh-round draft pick in 2011, according to a report in the Sacramento Bee.

Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan coached Hill, 30, for three seasons in Minnesota.

Hill was the odd man out last week when the 49ers signed David Carr and then gave Hill permission to seek a trade

---------------------------------------------

Looks like Detroit is going to dump Culpepper if we're picking up Shaun Hill to be a back-up. Good move.

I've seen the guy make some nice passes here or there, but he's not anything to get excited about. I doubt he'll be contending against Stafford for a starting job. I suppose he's solid enough if Stafford ends up injured though.

Damn near robbery for a 7th round pick though. Only time will tell, but I think the Lions made out pretty well in this trade.

Jan 28, 2005
Man i'm hopin the Chiefs don't trade Derrick Johnson or Glenn Dorsey to the Lions cause they makin some moves.
I think I read something about the Lions being interested in Dorsey. I don't follow football very closely, so I don't know the chances of Detroit picking him up.

I would laugh my ass off if we got him in some sort of trade using Daunte Culpepper though. That would be classic.