408Inc - Swb Magazine Shoot & BBQ - Thank You from Playa Rae

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2006
Direct from Playa Rae:

And they said it couldn’t be done. There was too much funk between each other in the 408 music scene. Well, it was done and very successful at that. I can’t say enough how it felt standing there with SouthWestBound Magazine taking the big picture of the whole group. It hit me when in between the camera guy positioning the ladder for another shot; I looked around the stage and seen who we had there. It was something that was captured in time and can NEVER be taken from me, or anyone who was involved in this HISTORIC event. I know I told everyone that came to the event that I was very happy to see them there, but let me say it again…I really was happy to see everyone come together, I felt proud of US.

Our area has been in turmoil for years by separation and I am filled with new hope that this may have taken a huge step in the right direction. There were definitely people there who were and maybe still are at odds today with, but it was left at home in respect for the event. I can’t say enough about that, but what it meant to me was that the level of respect for each other has been raised. Someone asked me if I felt like “Cyrus” from the movie Warriors. (hahaha…) I asked why and they just said that looking around they seen a lot of people who didn’t necessarily get along but they all came together for this one event that you put on in the name of peace, unity and a new movement. I thought that was cool, I laughed and said thanks….it is what it is…whatever it is, I’ll take it.

It was never about me, but more so about my area and the love I have for the South Bay and the people who stand up and say they represent it with conviction in their music, everyday life and so on. I was presented an opportunity and I chose to give it right back to my home, the place I rest my head and the area that has made me the artist/person I am today. I have grown tired of hearing others from around the Bay Area say they don’t know anyone putting it down in the 408, nor do they know of any rappers etc. There is talent here. People with solid music, producers doing work with your favorite artists in the bay and beyond, rappers with real deals to some majors, djay’s putting out some of your favorite mixtapes selling in the bay and so on. This was the beginning of change, and please believe it is coming. This is no high school football locker room speech to get you gassed up…this is real.

I’d like to thank SouthWestBound for providing the platform for us to bring some light in a forthcoming issue. Ant Dawg, thank you for all of your help in coordinating this while my ass has been busy trying to handle 50 other things, like my new album along with this huge event. Also, mann…it was good seeing all of our Seaside Family out there. A youngsta came up to me and asked me why they were there representing at a 408 Function. I had to lettem know the history of them being Original 408er’s and changing some years ago to the 831. They are always welcome and it was good having them a part of this. VTO/Eye2Eye Television, thank you also for coming out to cover the event for your television show and shaking hands with everyone. For those who didn’t make it, no ill feelings. We all have our schedules and things to do and we have to prioritize them accordingly. I will just say that you missed out on a bit of History and that will be apparent when the magazine hits shelves and the posters are in every store in the Southbay. We’ll have them up for sale on the www.408inc.com site when it’s up as well as t-shirts with the photo saying “I WAS THERE WHEN IT ALL KICKED OFF”. It’s going to be great.

Here’s a list of who we have that showed up and checked in:
Playa Rae, Ant Dawg, Kevin Peoples, Gangsta Reese, Shea, Young 211, DJ E-Z Cutt, Coppo, Dee Genovese, David Genovese, DJ Boy Wonder, Magruff Muttley, C.T., P-Nut, Ak-9, Jay Da Butcha, Locsta Villain, DJ Brotha Reese, Enormus, Fonz, Trouble Minded, DJ J-Spin, Dynasty Fam, Blac, DJ Dirtt-E Dave, Mixtape Mobb, Sydal, Just Yogi, Kali Zay, DJ Diego, Scrilla Mac, Smokie, Selfmade, Yung Heck, D-Spade, Axel, Kunta T, Chill Scrill & I am sure there are more, I’ll have to check my list again. The list that initially registered was a lot bigger, but I think we still pulled this off. Watch when you all see this shoot. I will post the photo right when I get them back from the photographer.

What’s Next? What do we look forward too?

In the next year something is going to take place for our area that will change how things work for good. It’s going to give everyone one of you doing music more of a reason to perfect your craft and put your best foot forward at all times. All I can divulge at this point is…this year…if you have something hot to put out, make sure it’s DOPE…people are watching us and in early 2007 it will all make sense. If it’s a mixtape, album, e.p. whatever…make it hot and be consistent. It’s going to be dope, I promise you…I’ll go broke trying to bring light to my area it’s in my blood if you know me personally you know how I get down.

408Inc thanks all of you. I, Playa Rae thank all of you. 408Inc is an asset to all of you 408er’s. Use us. Ask us what we can do if you need help in a certain area of this business, we may have the answer. We have connections just ask. [email protected]

Site is coming soon, bare with me….and thanks again.
408INC.COM – spread the word, are you rolling or getting rolled on?

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Rae, Shea, all you folks from the South Bay...I'm proud that I was part of this function...a part of history. It was nice meetin' some cats that I haven't met before, and it was nice seein' some cats I ain't seen in a hot minute. It was also the first time I've been at a function without any funk poppin' off, that's love and respect if I've ever seen it. It's goin' down, and I can't wait..

Shea, I'ma be at you, we have a collabo that's been a long time comin'...we're overdue.

To the rest of the 48, the ball has been nudged, it's time we get the muthafucka rollin'...

Rae and Ant, thanks for makin' this happen...I'm glad to have y'all as my folks, for real.

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
Ya the event was great for our area. I happy i was able to help put this together along side Rae. Trust me tho there are bigger things in the making as we speak. So thanks to everyone that showed up and came out to make this something that will go down in 408 music history.

Shea good seeing you again we need to get something crackin soon.. Its long over due... That goes for anyone who wants to get something done... Mixtape track or OG track lets get it going. Street Soundz is down for anything.

Dec 31, 2002
www.StraightTripping.com
I cruized by with a couple cats, didn't see much cracking off?.. it was a little later in the day probably around 2:30-3... damn.. that 10 oclock photoshot sounded all good. until the night before got too hectic... haha..

We need to do this shit again tho.. and on a NICE SUNNY day.. I hear they are coming around.. we all in San Jo.. so it shouldn't be too hard to get some shit cracking off on the reg..

also, I think other artist from other areas felt this was only a 408 thang.. and so most of the other bay cats didn't show?.. I remember a BBQ last time same spot, and that shit was really popping..

Feb 21, 2006
Scyance said:
I cruized by with a couple cats, didn't see much cracking off?.. it was a little later in the day probably around 2:30-3... damn.. that 10 oclock photoshot sounded all good. until the night before got too hectic... haha..

We need to do this shit again tho.. and on a NICE SUNNY day.. I hear they are coming around.. we all in San Jo.. so it shouldn't be too hard to get some shit cracking off on the reg..

also, I think other artist from other areas felt this was only a 408 thang.. and so most of the other bay cats didn't show?.. I remember a BBQ last time same spot, and that shit was really popping..
We figured it like this; sacrifice saturday night to get there early and be a part of history. Also, this was an all 408 Function for the southbay only. The whole thing was centered around the magazine photoshoot, not around the bbq. The bbq was just something added if folks wanted to hang. Trust me, when we throw a party function/bbq it will be promoted as so and will be packed. This wasn't about a cracking party...it was about a movement and snapping a photo for a magazine spread to make history...making history should have been enough to have people there to support you know?

Raptalk is the site who had the last function there that was packed, they threw an actual rap show, bbq, networking day with the works, flyers, sponsors, permits all of that. That was a dope event, we shot for something else. Wanted people focused on the mission at hand instead of a party...the party is coming...trust.

thanks again, it was a success...magazine, posters and shirts coming soon.

Dec 31, 2002
www.StraightTripping.com
I get ya... I didn't mean "poppin" or cracking off" as in Party either..

Im talking about the Number of artist/labels that attended.. or didn't attend for whatever reason... lousy weather? Hear/say of a cancellation?.. time of the picture shoot....Birthday partys? Church?... etc..

Did Money tree make it? crazy times? criminal records..Metal Mouth? These are the labels that I know that are holding san Jo down?

Feb 21, 2006
everyone registered knowing all details...if they didn't show that was for their own personal reasons. An email was sent out with who attended and there are pictures of who was in the photo. Regardless of who is "holding down san jo", those were the one's holding it down that day. Email if you have anything else homie. [email protected]

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
Well everyone knew when it was and what time because i had either called and talked to them personally or they responded to the email saying they would be there. If they had other things to attend to then this thats there business. If we had tried to work around everyone schedual the photoshoot would never have taken place. There are pictures of the event in the other thread if you would like to see them.

SHEA said:
IT WAS A PLEASURE TO TAKE PART IN THIS FUNCTION RAE.

ALL ASIDE, YOU MADE SOME TRUE ASS STATEMENTS, & MUCHO RESPECT FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN....THATS TO YOU, SOUTHWEST BOUND MAGAZINE....AND ANTDAWG . . . THANKS AGAIN.

TRUE 408ERS KNOW WHATS UP.

EAST SIDE UP!

-SS-
Right back at you. Thanks for coming through with all the East Siders and more. This is step one, it's going to get bigger everyone stay focused. I appreciate everyone's willingness to come together.

- Playa Rae

Oct 8, 2002
www.408inc.com
what happen was everyone who said they was down for ads and shit pulled out. People couldnt afford the price of the ad which was cheapest they would get ever. Peoples checks bounced.. Only a few were about there business the issuse is no longer a 408 issue its just a regular one wit those who paid for ads in it. Im not sure if its out already but i think it is. You would have to ask Daric B. We were just asked to holla at the folks in the southbay and try to get it crackin.