40 made #3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
to tell yall the truth, i was in NYC last april and they dont bump NATHAN bay area, and almost NATHAN west coast period... they just dont feel our music, they want to just bump that GLAM RAP like P-diddy and shit, trust me i was out there choppin it up with fools from the neighboring BUrouGHs, they just aint feelin cali...

Apr 25, 2002
realpinoy510HWD said:
to tell yall the truth, i was in NYC last april and they dont bump NATHAN bay area, and almost NATHAN west coast period... they just dont feel our music, they want to just bump that GLAM RAP like P-diddy and shit, trust me i was out there choppin it up with fools from the neighboring BUrouGHs, they just aint feelin cali...
I don't think they know any Bay Rappers besides 40 and Short. I think if the "The Jacka of Mob Figaz" got out there it could be pretty big. Especially that song "1,2,3"..Now thats a Harlem Shake beat.

Apr 25, 2002
I went out there to the East and I was without a doubt in the "hood" not that it matters, but I feel I gotta prove it sometimes.

mother fuckers say, "what's up god" and weird shit like that, they all hang outside liquor stores w/ boom boxes bangin' shit whats on MTV . . . they look ghetto, but they bang MAINSTREAM shit . . . . it's weird I always thought that different hoods would have their own shit . . . guess not. My experience is that in the east they bang JADAKISS AND JAYZ thinkin' it's the best . . . out in the bay everyone has they own shit. . youdig ?

I'm a whiteboy, everyone knows this, but If I go up to a croud of people listenin' to rap shit on a stereo and just try to bullshit (in virginia), they put me thru a test . . . . but it's the weakest test you've ever heard of, like this . . . . this is a true question

"Ok, so you know about rap, who does Jay-Z have beef with?"

It's like oh my god . . . give me a fuckin break . . . most fans don't know who produced an album, what an executive producer even is . . .. they think 2pac is the biggest thug ever, they think that if you rap about something you must of done it . . . .

It's not about music, it's about how many dumbshits you can get to buy your cd

Real talk. Real spit. Real life.

May 26, 2002
Pimperoni said:
I went out there to the East and I was without a doubt in the "hood" not that it matters, but I feel I gotta prove it sometimes.

mother fuckers say, "what's up god" and weird shit like that, they all hang outside liquor stores w/ boom boxes bangin' shit whats on MTV . . . they look ghetto, but they bang MAINSTREAM shit . . . . it's weird I always thought that different hoods would have their own shit . . . guess not. My experience is that in the east they bang JADAKISS AND JAYZ thinkin' it's the best . . . out in the bay everyone has they own shit. . youdig ?

This is true. iv'e spent much time in the 5 boros over the past couple years and most people listen to whats on hot 97. From what I've seen, Hiero and Living Legends are some of the most popular bay rap in new york.

May 13, 2002
ay, PIMPERONI, i feel you on that one mayn, cuz in my opinion them cats in NYC dont like underground, they look down on it as we do mainstream, they are the exact oppisite of what most of us think here on B.a.R.t, they dont even like their own underground shit, and its true that them niggas only bump extreme mainstream MTV shit, especially p-diddy and g-dep at this time... I think they look to them fools as role-models though, cuz they made it big and are makin big bucks in the mainstream, thats why i think them cats over there love dem MTV glam Rappers, its like what they wanna be like...

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

now i can understand if they bump Jay-Z
but bumpin P-Diddy in front of a liquor store??
that's about as poodle as poodle can get

Apr 25, 2002
4fifteenRolla said:
lol shiiiiiiiit that video might not do all that well cuz its a real west coast beat.. i dunno if the east coasters r gonna like it
Rick Rock did some shit on Jay-Z's Dynasty album, 3 or 4 tracks I think, and I don't think anyone on the East was complaining...

May 15, 2002
Every1 needs 2 vote for 40's shit! Get your muther fuckin family 2 vote shit! I'm tired of hearin these bootsie ass east coast rappers all up on the muther fucker! Feel me... Holla

-Cross