2SICC REVIEW OF MACKVILLIN'S DICKIES -N- CHUCK TAYLORS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 1, 2002
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY BLUTARSKI @ 2SICCREVIEWS.CJB.NET

My Review of Mackvillin - Dickies-N-Chuck Taylors
1) "Intro"
A funny ass skit to start the album. Mackvillin breaks into a guys home and beats the shit out of him for calling the cops. Funny little intro.

2) "Dickies-N-Chuck Taylors (Part I)" ft. Ecay Uno, Illicit
A clean beat by Ecay Uno to start the album with. Illicit starts it off with a pretty good verse. Mackvillin has the second verse and spits a tight ass verse. He has a perfect flow on the mic and his lyrics are on point. Illicit has another short verse to finish the song. Ecay Uno handles the hook with nicely. A nice start to the album, I'm feeling it.

3) "Ba a Victim" ft. I-Rocc
The only beat not produced by either Ecay Uno or Mackvillin, handles nicely by Homebeezy. It's a coo beat that gets your head moving. Mackvillin gets it started with a solid verse. I-Rocc comes next and also spits hard on the hook. Mackvillin and I-Rocc flow well together. Some hard gangsta lyrics on this one. I'm feeling it overall, a tight song.

4) "Fake Homies" ft. Ecay Uno, Sagg
One of my favorite songs on the album. Ecay Uno lays down a tight, tight ass beat that gets your head going. Mackvillin lays it down on the mic with some tight flows. He talks about friends who turned his back on him and some who stayed true for life. Ecay Uno comes nicely on the mic and Sagg come nicely too. A tight ass song. Just bump it loud, you won't be dissapointed.

5) "Loop Loop"
The first solo song. Ecay Uno lays down a pretty good beat. He talks about getting high off that loop loop. Some coo lyrics, not my favorite beat, but it still knoccs. Not one of my favorite songs, but it's worth a listen. A decent song overall.

6) "California" ft. Illicit
Another solid beat by Ecay Uno. Mackvillin and Illicit flow well together and they rip up the mic on this song. They flow about that Golden State. Sometimes Illicit goes too fast for the beat, but for the most part he spits tight lyrics with a good delivery. I'm not too fond of the hook, but overall it's a tight song.

7) "Wasten' Away"
My favorite song. The beat by Mackvillin is tight ass fuck! This beat just gets me hooked. Mackvillin talks about how his early life was just a waste on the streets. He flows about all the poor decisions he made in life. The beat is perfect, the verses are tight and the hook is perfect. This is a tight ass song, I can keep it on repeat all night long. I'm feeling it to the fullest.

8) "Ride'n"
More good production from Ecay Uno. Mackvillin flows about hitting the streets and pulling some rides on folks. More hard gangsta lyrics that made his first album tight. Not my favorite beat by Ecay, but it handles this song nicely. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

9) "2 Dangerous"
Ecay Uno lays down another solid beat. Mackvillin puts it down on the mic again. More hard gansta lyrics by Mackvillin. Another solid song, I'm feeling it.

10) "1 Foot in the Grave, 1 Foot in the Gutter" ft. Lil C.S., Cee Wee 3
A tight beat by Ecay Uno for this song. Mackvillin starts it off with a solid verse. Lil C.S. has the second verse and spits a tight flow. Cee Wee 3 has the last verse and also handles the hook. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

11) "Knock'n"
Mackvillin lays down his own beat for this song and this shit is knoccin. He shows not only can put it down on the mic, but he can put down tight production. More hard street gangsta lyrics on the mic. I'm feeling this one to the fullest.

12) "Grind 2 Da Grind" ft. Illicit
Back to another Ecay Uno beat. This one I'm not feeling that much. Mackvillin has the first verse and spits a solid one. Illicit has the second verse and also does the hook. The mic work is pretty good on this one, the beat is alright, but nothing special. A decent song overall.

13) "You Ain't O.G."
Back to another tight beat by Mackvillin. On the mic he talks about all the people who claim their OG, but their really just wannabes. More tight production from Mackvillin and he puts it down on the mic too. A solid song overall, I'm feeling it.

14) "Southeast Life" ft. Ecay Uno
My second favorite beat produced by Ecay Uno. Mackvillin starts it off with a hard verse. He puts it down for Southeast San Diego. Ecay Uno comes nicely on his verse. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it.

15) "Steady Hate'n" ft. Mr. Shadow, Illicit
More good production from Ecay Uno, he lays down another tight beat. Mr. Shadow starts this one off with a tight verse. Mackvillin and Illicit also come tight, but I'm feeling Mr. Shadow the most on the mic. Really the only song on the album that I like a feature more than Mackvillin.

16) "What Should I Do?" ft. D-Stone
Another hard beat by Mackvillin. Mackvillin rips it up on the mic as D-Stone lays down some flows on the hook. He talks about trying to get paid to make it in the world. Another tight song, I'm feeling it.

17) "Hoodratz"
Really the only beat by Mackvillin that I'm not feeling. He comes hard on the mic, talking about all the hood rats. The actual bass line for the song is coo, but I don't like the background instruments and effects. It's still a decent song, but I'm not feeling it much.

18) "Big Trealie Lace'n You Up"
A decent beat by Mackvillin plays in the background as somebody talks about getting some Dickies and Chuck T's. Just a short skit with a background beat.

19) "Dickies-N-Chuck Taylors (Part II)" ft. Silas, Illicit, LC Janet, Lil C.S., Cuzzin Ice Lecta, Cee Wee 3, I-Rocc, Ecay Uno
The same beat from the part I song except there are a few more verses added in. Just the same as the first song, except some bonus verses to finish the album with. A coo song to finish it with, I'm feeling it.

Overall this was another tight release from Mackvillin. I think his first album really got me into his music and this one just took it to a new level. This album had more well known features mixed together with that good production from Mackvillin and Ecay Uno. Most of the features were on point and the beats were tight all the way through. I rarely skipped a song. If you liked his first release you'll be knoccin this all night long. If you missed his first release then swoop this up, you won't be dissapointed.

Overall Rating = 5/5

217 Albums Reviewed & Counting

(Last Updated: 08/11/03)

Latest Reviews: Mackvillin - Dickies-N-Chuck Taylors, Jay Tee - High Caliber, Night Shield & Cin'atra Presents - Savage Alliance, B-Cide - Upstate Madness: Welcome to Utica, Mac Dre - Do You Remember?, Frisco Street Show Presents - This is How We Eat, Star Beav & Erocc'n - Our First Million

2 Sicc Audio.com - Previewing the Best New Releases

Submit your album for review today - [email protected]

Mikaay!