2014 Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
I hope Coco has another great year after the contract. Cant wait to see Sonny Gray in his first full season. I'll miss Balfour's emotions on the mound this year.

The division got even better (if thats possible) than last season I think; with Seattle additions and Texas additions. Although we played our divisional games better than I thought we wouldve last year we have to start taking series from these guys on a regular basis at home AND on the road in order to stay alive for the divison title.

REIGNING 2013 AL WEST CHAMPS back at it this Spring.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
has the closer we got from baltimore had any performances this spring training?

Our bullpen has to come up big this year if we want to win the division again. Besides sonny gray, and maybe/maybe not parker, im pretty nervous about our starting pitchers. straily and griffin both have days where their lights out, and then they have days where they give up a hit early and crumble apart.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Im liking that nick punto pick up. He plays hard, cant tell he's 37 when youre watching him. good in the infield.

only problem is he's not the best hitter. he's quick, but not a threat to stea; probably good for some hit and run action. he has a good eye, and he takes some walks.

hes going to be the guy you put in the infield after you pinch hit for sogard because you can trust his defense

*oh yeah, he did win a WS with st louis too, so the whole, experienced veteran in the clubhouse has a chance to come into play too.

Last edited:

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
griffin is going to be out for 2 months too

Milone is going to get a starting job now. My old man said chavez is gonna start too

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
opening day in a week. whose goin?
Fuck opening day. All it is is a bunch of people who think Mac and canseco are still on the team and pay outrageous prices cuz they are rich. They just wanna go to brag on Facebook and enjoy the pageantry.

I'll go the next day and enjoy the game with 12,000 real fans...

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
a's G @Giant s is on right now. breaks my heart to see huddy in a giants uniform.

will be nice to see what kind of stuff kasmir has

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
It was a good game. johnson looked shaky, but all in all the indians played a great game. Masterson was dealing that night.

Kazmir was dealing today. 7 1/3 shutout innings. Coco was driving the ball well, and all around the lineup looks like theyre shaking the most the dust off now.

Noticed something about cespedes' swing today. When he starts his swing he's twisting his hips back towards the backstop to load up, and then by the time the pitch is almost to him his hips are just starting to turn forward.

IF he would just get in his mind and make it seem normal to rotate his hips back when a pitcher starts his motion he'd have the same swing but he'll probably start hitting pitches before the nearly go by him

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
2-2 now.

First game today was all pitching. Once kuber gave up the first 2 runs he wasnt confident in anything but his fastball and change. everytime he tried to throw a breaking ball it wasnt locating for him.

The Kid Blake Wood looks promising for yall though. He's a little wild, has a weird pivoted unorthodox motion, but he has gas. 97 -98 mph fast ball with an 84 mph change up. give that kid a breaking ball and he could be the future closer. give him control and he can be whatever he wants

Jan 18, 2006
right before the start of opening day. second year i go. 10th year they lose lol ...

Funny thing about that is this is the first year in like 4 or 5 years we didnt have to play Seattle on Opening day and have to face King Felix aka the A's killer yet we still lose cuz our new dipshit closer pissed in his pants in the 9th which not sure why they brought him in the first place

Apr 20, 2003
McCalister needs to get off the mound for the tribe..... Get the tie only to give it right back to you guys, down 3-2 now. Aviles has one strange batting stance but fuck it if he keeps on hitting the ball like that Ill be happy lol

Apr 20, 2003
2-2 now.

First game today was all pitching. Once kuber gave up the first 2 runs he wasnt confident in anything but his fastball and change. everytime he tried to throw a breaking ball it wasnt locating for him.

The Kid Blake Wood looks promising for yall though. He's a little wild, has a weird pivoted unorthodox motion, but he has gas. 97 -98 mph fast ball with an 84 mph change up. give that kid a breaking ball and he could be the future closer. give him control and he can be whatever he wants
Yea Kazmir took it to us and brought the heat.... Really liked Kazi too bad we didnt keep him.

Apr 20, 2003
Wheeeew! Needed that double play to get out of the jam.... Thank god Terry pulled Mcallister to stop the bleeding cuz you guys were roping poor guy