2012 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
If the Packers win 15 straight it will be really funny. Sidenote sure glad i didnt start the Bears defense this week but lol @ Rogers only getting 11 points my opponents qb

Jan 12, 2006
If the Packers win 15 straight it will be really funny. Sidenote sure glad i didnt start the Bears defense this week but lol @ Rogers only getting 11 points my opponents qb
I wouldn't doubt it, of course there is always room for upsets and injuries effect the outcomes of games sometimes, but looking at their schedule the Texans are the the only team left on their schedule who might be better then them. Also you can throw in the Giants in that conversation since they're the defending super bowl champs. Other then that the Packers looked elite again tonight, and that's with Jennings watching from the sidelines and Benson seems to be getting a better grasp of the offense as the weeks go by.

Props: T-Rip
Dec 4, 2011
packers looked alot better this week on defense. they still dropped alot of balls.

cutler sacked 7 times and the line played like shit. defense played good.

even though the packers won i don't see them being as good as last year. they knew if they lost this game it was gonna get bad, i still think that defense is gonna give up alot and their rushing game is not that great

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I wouldn't doubt it, of course there is always room for upsets and injuries effect the outcomes of games sometimes, but looking at their schedule the Texans are the the only team left on their schedule who might be better then them. Also you can throw in the Giants in that conversation since they're the defending super bowl champs. Other then that the Packers looked elite again tonight, and that's with Jennings watching from the sidelines and Benson seems to be getting a better grasp of the offense as the weeks go by.
I dunno about that breh. They don't look like an elite team right now. They're still a good team, and they'll still be a playoff team I'm sure, but they don't look elite, at least not over these first 2 games. They're offense doesn't look anywhere near what it looked like last year. I'm sure the offense will get better, but they're not on the level they were last year at all

I will say they're defense looked really good tonight though

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
packers looked elite??? their best player was the kicker and field kick holder. packers defense looked better but i wouldn't say elite. bears line sucked ass
Yes they looked elite, 49ers, Texans, Patriots, Ravens, Packers are all elite in my honest opinion. you can rank those 5 in any order and it would be hard for me to disagree. Now back to the Packers whenever you have a great coach like McCarthy and maybe the best QB in the league along with Pro Bowl receivers and and a pro bowl Tight End that equals an elite offense, also even though they are not pro bowlers cobb is a threat in the open field and starks is out right now. When he comes back the starks and benson combo will not be great but enough to complement their aerial attack. Also that Defense has AJ Hawk, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, Bj Raji, and Tramon Williams. That equals a lot of turnovers, not to mention their D coordinator is Dom Capers who is widely respected in the NFL as a great coach. Like i said earlier don't be fooled by what the 49ers offense and defense did last week to the packers, that defense makes most running games look like shit, also on the offense of side of the ball, check the stats alex smith doesn't turn the ball over. Most offenses are not like SF's who will take care of the ball, most QB's take chances and will give up the ball to this packer defense though as we all seen tonight. Give A Rod to many opportunities and he will make you pay much like Eli manning and his Defense.

Dec 4, 2011
i rather take the giants over the packers. giants fucked they ass up last year. packers had a good game tonight not great. they only scored 1 td with Rodgers.

i see packers as top 10 but i wouldn't put them top 5

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Yes they looked elite, 49ers, Texans, Patriots, Ravens, Packers are all elite in my honest opinion. you can rank those 5 in any order and it would be hard for me to disagree. Now back to the Packers whenever you have a great coach like McCarthy and maybe the best QB in the league along with Pro Bowl receivers and and a pro bowl Tight End that equals an elite offense, also even though they are not pro bowlers cobb is a threat in the open field and starks is out right now. When he comes back the starks and benson combo will not be great but enough to complement their aerial attack. Also that Defense has AJ Hawk, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, Bj Raji, and Tramon Williams. That equals a lot of turnovers, not to mention their D coordinator is Dom Capers who is widely respected in the NFL as a great coach. Like i said earlier don't be fooled by what the 49ers offense and defense did last week to the packers, that defense makes most running games look like shit, also on the offense of side of the ball, check the stats alex smith doesn't turn the ball over. Most offenses are not like SF's who will take care of the ball, most QB's take chances and will give up the ball to this packer defense though as we all seen tonight. Give A Rod to many opportunities and he will make you pay much like Eli manning and his Defense.
if you take recent seasons into account... sure you could consider them elite. they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago and went 15-1 last year, but based on these first 2 games, they did not look elite IMO

there's a fine line between the Niners offense who are great at taking care of the ball on offense and the Bears offense who turn the ball over a lot

sure they intercepted the ball 4 times today and had 7 sacks... but Cutler is ALWAYS getting sacked. and anytime Cutler throws one or 2 interceptions he usually keeps throwing them. Dude gets hella frustrated and tries to make plays when they're not there. again, not taking anything away from the Packers defense, they did their thing, and they will continue to be solid taking the ball away on defense... but don't expect this type of game form them week in and out

Props: FerrerSF
Dec 4, 2011
yea you gotta give it to the packers defense tonight. they won that game but i still think they are gonna give up alot of points this year.

im going to have to see more games to know if the packers are back to being elite. 1 game is not enough and they looked good but not elite

Jan 12, 2006
if you take recent seasons into account... sure you could consider them elite. they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago and went 15-1 last year, but based on these first 2 games, they did not look elite IMO

there's a fine line between the Niners offense who are great at taking care of the ball on offense and the Bears offense who turn the ball over a lot

sure they intercepted the ball 4 times today and had 7 sacks... but Cutler is ALWAYS getting sacked. and anytime Cutler throws one or 2 interceptions he usually keeps throwing them. Dude gets hella frustrated and tries to make plays when they're not there. again, not taking anything away from the Packers defense, they did their thing, and they will continue to be solid taking the ball away on defense... but don't expect this type of game form them week in and out
I agree but don't expect the packers running game and offense to continue to struggle like they have been these first two weeks, I mean they probably faced two of best defenses in the league in the span of 5 days. Also the 49ers and Bears running game is no joke, so don't expect the packers defense to be facing those caliber of running backs and receivers every week. Like i said they're #5 in the nfl to me as a team right now which imo makes them elite. Does that mean they will win the super bowl? NO, just that from what i have seen they look to be elite to me.

Last edited:

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I agree but don't expect the packers running game and offense to continue to struggle like they have been these first two weeks, I mean they probably faced two of best defenses in the league in the span of 5 days. Also the 49ers and Bears running game is no joke, so don't expect the packers defense to be facing those caliber of running backs and receivers every week. Like i said they're #5 in the nfl to me as a team right now which imo makes them elite. Does that mean they will win the super bowl? NO, just that from what i have seen they look to be elite to me.
that last sentence is the part I mainly disagree with

I agree they may end up being one of the top 5 teams in the league when it's all said in done. I'm just saying from what I've seen these first 2 weeks... they do not look to be elite.

at the end of the day this is just the first game of week 2... so it's too early to really say either way

Jan 12, 2006
at the end of the day this is just the first game of week 2... so it's too early to really say either way
great point, I'm just going off last season and these first two weeks. Also there is always a unexpected team or two who make it to the top 5 and K.O the early season rankings. Who that team(s) will be? Who knows, maybe the Cowboys, Redskins, or even Broncos.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
great point, I'm just going off last season and these first two weeks. Also there is always a unexpected team or two who make it to the top 5 and K.O the early season rankings. Who that team(s) will be? Who knows, maybe the Cowboys, Redskins, or even Broncos.
as much as I hate to say it, I think the Broncos will be really good. as long as Peyton stays healthy, they will be an elite team IMO.

Jan 12, 2006
as much as I hate to say it, I think the Broncos will be really good. as long as Peyton stays healthy, they will be an elite team IMO.
yea I don't really like to go off pre-season but he torched the 49ers secondary. Even though the 49ers were missing some key pass rushers that would've made a difference I still got a preview of what he's capable of doing. It will be interesting to see what the broncos look like late in the season when that offense is running on all cylinders, also matching up Porter on the opposite side of Champ Bailey is already paying dividends.

Jan 18, 2006
yep, if they continue to play like they did last week i think they will go to the Superbowl. I always said it Peyton Manning on a team with a running game and decent defense is a scary sight.

Props: IronLungs420