12 years already...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
i cant believe it has already been 12 years since kurt cobain's death. i was in 7th grade, dam i feel old. RIP

oh yeah i believe layne staley also died on april 5th, so RIP to him as well.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
R.I.P. to two of the greatest musicians ever. Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley's music is the soundtrack to my life alot of times it seems. But it keeps me going.

(The medical examiner came to the conclusion that Layne died on the 5th...it's not certain though)

May they rest in peace.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Nah...I wish. I never got to see Nirvana or Alice In Chains live.

It's funny because I remember when Layne died (when they annouced it on the 20th I think) I was driving from Seattle to Everett and was literally wondering what he was up to when it got announced on the radio that he was found dead. It was some trippy ass shit.

Then when they found out he had died the same day as Kurt...that blew my mind.

Nuttkace

May 15, 2002
I agree, these men were two of the best singers of their, or any era. Layne Staley is by far my favorite singer of all time..both of these guys could capture so much emotion in their music, it's unbelieveable. I've yet to see any singer since then who even comes close to these two (except Cornell).

RIP Layne & Kurt

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Lame thing about Nirvana is

Ive heard every Nirvana song so much its hard to like them anymore
Yeah, its the same w/ Sublime for me. Way too played out EVERYwhere you go.

But i still try not to judge... I just "dont listen" to groups like that. but ill still respect 'em.

Alice In Chains was a bit better imo overall and didnt get the major recognition they deserved.

Dec 25, 2003
Yeah, its the same w/ Sublime for me. Way too played out EVERYwhere you go.

But i still try not to judge... I just "dont listen" to groups like that. but ill still respect 'em.

Alice In Chains was a bit better imo overall and didnt get the major recognition they deserved.
I try to keep an open mind as well but I really physically cant enjoy any nirvana

Its like I can do the entire song in my head the second i hear it