BALL STREET JOURNAL TRACKLIST!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2007
Tracklist so far:

Truf Drop
Wake it Up ft. Akon
Break Ya Ankles ft. Shawt Lo
Sweatbox ft. YV
The Recipe ft. Cucci Mane & Bun B
Got Rich Twice ft. Turf Talk
No More Pain ft. Snoop Dogg & The Game
Earl
Pole
Give Her the Keys ft. T-Pain
Poor Man’s Hydraulics
Hustle
Ambassador

and I remeber hearing there as track with kanye and Bosko. Also that studio Ton made a track on there.

There seems to be hella features again with this new album. Looks good though. It really has a little bit of everything.

He’s a rap innovator, a business-savvy tycoon and one of the music industry’s most consistent success stories. Yes, E-40 is all those things, but he’s probably best known as a slang creator, a man whose distinctive gift of gab gets lifted and used in the rhymes of Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and others. Now, the man with the terrific tongue returns with his most polished product to date, the imaginatively titled The Ball Street Journal.

“Anything that rolls off the tongue slick and is catchy, that’s where it’s at,” E-40 explains. “The Ball Street Journal just flew off the tongue and it’s memorable. This traces everything from the beginning to now. I’ve been through hard times and I’ve been through good times. It’s like a discography of how my life has been, because I touch down on a lot of different angles on the album. It covers all angles of the game.”

Given his status as a rap music and rap business pioneer, E-40 justifiably kicks off The Ball Street Journal with “Ambassador.” Here, over a ridiculously catchy Rick Rock beat complete with a choice Digable Planets sample, 40 Water gives a Cliff’s Notes version of his musical legacy. “What I’ve done over 20 years defies logic,” he says. “I’ve got a chance to see cats come and go. It’s not normal for somebody to be in the game this long and to still be able to keep up with the Joneses, or to do better than the Joneses. I’m OG, but I’m still current and cold. Let me tell those who don’t know how long I’ve been in the game, what I’ve established and see how I’ve paved the way for those that are rapping now.”

One reason E-40 has remained relevant in the tumultuous rap world is his supreme lyricism. On the reggae-flavored “Hustle,” he boasts that the “chain around my neck look like a playground swing” and that skill like his is “rare like white running backs.” Then, E-40 delivers a trio of Lil Jon-produced party starters, the hyper “Break Ya Ankles,” the hyphy-flavored “Sweatbox” and the sonically shifting “Turf Drop.”

E-40 then keeps it in the family with the innovative “Poor Man’s Hydraulics,” which was produced by his son Droop-E. Here, E-40 puts a new twist on detailing the hyphy scene thanks to his unorthodox, whisper-style delivery. “I wanted to do something where people wouldn’t know it was me rapping,” E-40 reveals. “I put the little whisper sound on it and spit some game on it. It’s a different kind of beat and a different style of rap.”

It’s also different for E-40 to rap toward the ladies in an endearing manner. He does it on The Ball Street Journal tracks “Wake It Up” and “Give Her The Keys.” The former is the lead single that features Akon, while the latter finds him teaming with T-Pain and recapturing the magic they created on E-40’s breakaway 2006 hit “U And Dat.” Both “Wake It Up” and “Give Her The Keys” salute women and encourage other men to do the same.

“If you have a female that’s got your back and is really there to care for you, you’ve got to really let her know that you care and that you recognize what she’s done for you,” E-40 says. “This could be a motivational song for females and males, because dudes will know that I’ve been real with it.”

But don’t think that E-40 has gone soft. Quite the contrary, as evidenced on the whistle-assisted “Pole,” an homage to strippers and the marvels they pull off while traversing a dance pole. E-40 also flexes his thematic range on “Earl,” one of The Ball Street Journal’s most insightful tracks. Here, the Vallejo, California icon encourages people to use their skills for positive, legal gain.

“I try to teach the youngsters because a lot of cats really have a lot of skills,” he says. “Cats always talk about sports and entertainment, but you can utilize your skills in other ways. A lot of soil cats -- hood cats -- they’re super smart and they could get 4.0s. But they want to be super hood and take another path. I want our youth to play sports, to be lawyers.”

E-40 remains on the thoughtful vibe with “No More Pain.” A nod to West Coast unity, the Jonathan “JR” Rotem-produced cut features guest raps from Snoop Dogg and The Game, each of whom outlines the importance and persevering despite trying times.

May 4, 2005
i mean... so far we've heard 6 of those songs.

n ima have to say.. all of them are generic ass bullshit.

got rich twice is alright. but ughhhh.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
40's music would be better if they were all solo songs, but no one does that. what bay rappers would be on here he made songs with almost every bay rapper in the past time to move on and try other things

Dec 29, 2004
I love how people judge an album by a track list..........seriously, let the music speak for the album.
i love how people can't comprehend shit and these messageboard show that. he was saying we already heard about six of those tracks and they were average dumb ass. so he can judge the album since he and everyone else already heard most of it. do you people understand the shit you read or do you just get emotional and post a reply?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
i love how people can't comprehend shit and these messageboard show that. he was saying we already heard about six of those tracks and they were average dumb ass. so he can judge the album since he and everyone else already heard most of it. do you people understand the shit you read or do you just get emotional and post a reply?
Ask yourself if you got emotional and replied you fuckin' dork.

looks gay as fuck. they better switch that track list up.
Yeah, I mean I totally misunderstood this line! Holy shit I DID NOT read that whole qoute the first time, silly me.

mikevick, you're an idiot.

Mar 22, 2008
YOU FAGG ASS MESSY BROKE MUTHAFUCKAS...GET SOME GET RIGHT..IT SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL BEEF WITH 40...WATER AND WHO EVER TALIKIN BOUT THEY HERD "..SIX SONGS IZ A DAM LIE..AND THE" ONE LOVE ONE ... WHO WAS SAYING THAT "HE DID SHIT WITH BAY RAPPERS ALREADY" IS SOME REAL FOLKS 4 THAT...40 DONT OWE NOBODY A VERSE ON HIS SHIT...BROKE ASS NIGGAS!! LETS BE REAL THE MANN DID ALOT 4 CATS..BUT REAL NIGGAS AINT GO "ADMIT THAT"..PLUS HIM AND SHORT BABY BASH.. AS FAR AS "RAPPERS THE ONLY ONES PUSHING UNITS THE MAJORS WANT TA SEE ANYWAY...THAT LAST ALBUM DID OVER 500,000 UNITS U DUMMYS...ITS MAJOR CATS OUT THERE STRUGGLING TO GET 100.000 SALES...MANN I COULD GO ALL DAY...NIGGA IM "COUSIN FREEZ" ASK ABOUT ME..STOP HATIN AND GO FIND A HOBBY OR SOMETHING..NIGGA GO SEND A BITCH OR SOMETHING..GET $$$$..AND IF U REAL NIGGA OR BITCH READING THIS "IT AINT 4 YOU" .FAKE CATS "WEAR THE SHOE IT FITS PERFECT!!!! 1-LUV BAY AREA...

May 4, 2005
AND WHO EVER TALIKIN BOUT THEY HERD SIX SONGS IZ A DAM LIE.....
Turf Drop
Wake it Up ft. Akon
Break Ya Ankles ft. Shawt Lo
Sweatbox ft. YV
The Recipe ft. Gucci Mane & Bun B
Got Rich Twice ft. Turf Talk

i dont know if you can count cuz... but that looks like 6 to me.