The Official KU-MU Gameday Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2007
THE BIGGEST GAME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL THIS YEAR!! #2 Undefeated Kansas v. #3 Mizzou in Arrowhead Stadium. 7:00 on ABC, College Gameday is going to be there. Wow this is going to be an amazing event, add to the fact that this is one of the most bitter rivalries in sports. Whos gunna win????

Jun 10, 2005
I'll be there supporting the Tigers, but I don't have a ticket so I'll prolly just be drunk off my ass in the parking lot starting shit with the KU fans

So do you know the reason for KU's great season?
Mangino always finishes a cupcake.

Prepared to be rocked KU

Nov 4, 2005
lol whatever. Honestly they had a soft schedule this season, but for them to keep the wins going and penalties as low as they are (#1!!!) they deserve some credit

Jun 10, 2005
I'd root for MU if I were white trash. Fortunately I'm not, so it's GO HAWKS for me.
Ok see I could understand this if you were supporting, say USC. But by supporting Kansas, it kinda nullifies your argument.

It likes saying you support the Red Sox because the Yankees fans are just jumping on the bandwagon

Jul 7, 2002
Ok see I could understand this if you were supporting, say USC. But by supporting Kansas, it kinda nullifies your argument.

It likes saying you support the Red Sox because the Yankees fans are just jumping on the bandwagon
Just the simple fact that we don't chuck batteries at games places us at least 5 notches up on the social scale from MU fans.

Jun 22, 2007
lol this is great, what a rivalry. Newest BCS standings: KU #2 MU #4 (should be #3 but West Virginia beat a ranked Cincy team last week).

Anyways, comparing the teams. KU has a good offense, but MU is far superior. We are basically unstoppable. Mizzou has scored atleast 31 points IN EVERY GAME THIS YEAR. We've scored 40 points EIGHT times this year, including FIVE straight games. No one can stop us.

Against common opponents, KU scored 19 against both Colorado and A&M, we scored 55 against Colorado and 40 against A&M on the road. KU scored 30 at K State, we scoed 49 at K State. Our passing game is head and shoulders above KU. We have alot better receivers, they have Mark Henry thats it. We have Chase Coffman and Martin Rucker the best TE combo in the nation. We have Jeremy Maclin, the fastest player in the nation, who just broke the all time signle season record for all purpose yards for a FRESHMAN. We have a future 3rd, 4th round pick in WR Will Franklin. We have Denario Alexander who has the highest vertical in the country and 4.4 speed. We have the best WR/TE in the country. And yes, we have a running game. Watch the Texas Tech and A&M games. If you force us to run the ball, we will and you wont stop it.

And defensively, we can be dominate, but we're inconsistent. We held Texas Tech to 10 freakin points. We forced 7 consecutive 3 and outs in Colorado. We didnt allow Nebraska a TD and held them to 6 points while KU allowed 39 points to them.

Im tired of typing, Mizzou will win.

Nov 17, 2007
Mizzou is not "head and shoulders" better than Kansas in the passing game. And beyond that, KU's running game is much better than Missouri's.

I don't really give a damn who wins either way, but my gut tells me Kansas will win out and then lose to LSU in the BCS national title game. Good year for the Big XII, though.

Jun 22, 2007
Mizzou is not "head and shoulders" better than Kansas in the passing game. And beyond that, KU's running game is much better than Missouri's.

I don't really give a damn who wins either way, but my gut tells me Kansas will win out and then lose to LSU in the BCS national title game. Good year for the Big XII, though.
Maybe not head and shoulders, but they are more explosive, and Chase Daniel and his receivers are just better than Todd Reesing and his, alot better. I can only name on KU receiver and that is Mark Henry, oh yeah their backup QB Maier plays WR lol. KU does have a more powerful running game, as we run the true spread, but we can run the ball i dont care what you say.

Heres what KState coach Ron Prince had to say:

Word for word: "When we watched (Kansas) get ready for the game, I thought they were clearly the best team we had seen to that point, including Auburn and Texas. But now after playing Missouri, there was several weeks there where we haven't played KU. I just find Missouri very, very challenging. I think they're a very difficult team to deal with. They have so many weapons and they're so good on defense.

"I think it's going to be really a good game. Obviously both programs are doing well. I can't imagine that I'm completely in the right position because of the kind of space between the two games, but I think that coach Pinkel has done a great job, and both teams have, of putting their teams together. But since (Missouri) was the team we just faced and the kind of points that we gave up to them … at different parts of the game we played about as well as we could play and we just couldn't stop them."

Sep 17, 2003
At the risk of being "white trash," I'll take MIZZOU. I'm a loyal Tigers fan through and through. Most of my family is either from Missouri, or has at least gone to Mizzou, so even though I am living in Kansas, I have to root for MU.

Oh, and whomever that was saying that if KU beats Mizzou they would play LSU for the National Title... KU would still have to win the BIG 12 Championship the next weekend to have a shot to do so. Same goes for Mizzou; if they beat KU, they still have to beat Oklahoma (or Texas, although Texas only has a slim shot at making it right now) the next week in the BIG 12 Title Game. :eyecross:

Oct 9, 2002
MU FTW!

kansas has only played one team with a winning record this year....i think they are in for a surprise...

and yes mizzou's passing game is heads and shoulder's above KU's