21-month-old child dies in a washing machine in Oregon

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/toddlers-tragic-washing-machine-death-sends-warning-parents-202400944.html

Toddler's Tragic Washing Machine Accident Sends Warning to Parents

An Oregon family is devastated after a tragic accident took the life of their toddler. Tiffany Hebb was doing laundry, while her 21-month-old Ollie kept her company. When she left the room briefly, he crawled into the washing machine and drowned.

A frantic Hebb found her son minutes later trapped in the water-filled basin and tried desperately to resuscitate him. After suffering severe brain damage, he died the following day in the hospital.

"It was the worst day of my life," the grieving mother told a local Fox affiliate through tears. Now Tiffany and her husband Chris are on a mission to educate parents about the dangers of the seemingly innocuous household appliance.

"I want to make mothers and fathers aware that it's a possibility," she said.

Read more: Toddler's trauma highlights laundry room dangers

Between 2005 and 2009, two children under the age of five lost their lives in laundry room accidents, according to a report by the Consumer Product Safety Commision. In a 2003 review, two deaths and an estimated 500 other injuries to children were attributed to washing machine-related accidents. Most kids were between the ages of 1 and 2, and fell victim to a range of injuries including fractures, amputations and even drowning.

Some of potential washing machine hazards, according to the report:
. Drowning after getting locked inside the machine
Injuries jumping or falling off the top of the machine
Heated water from the machine causing burns
Getting limbs caught in the motorized spinning basin

The biggest problem when the CPSC conducted their review back in 2003, is still a problem now: lack of education. The report at the time acknowledged that more public education is needed so parents can prevent these kinds of injuries. Ever the vigilant mother, Hebb spent the first year of her son's life guarding him from every household danger she was warned about. She said she never expected the washer would be the biggest threat.

Despite improved safety functions on automatic washing machines, the best prevention from injury is keeping kids far away from the laundry room altogether. (Even if the washing machine is avoided, the scalding hot dryer can be just as dangerous.) Unfortunately many parents aren't aware of the risks.

More ways to child-proof your home

"Believe it or not, a small child can drown in as little as an inch or two of water," warns Home Safety Council's Mary Kay Appy in a safety video featured on Good Housekeeping. "They're top heavy -- their head goes into the bucket but they don't have the upper body strength to pull themselves out."

Appy encourages parents to invest in washers and dryers with built-in child safety locks. Another safety measure: install locks or child safety knobs to the laundry room door. A little extra child-proofing could save a life.

May 9, 2002

Toddler's Tragic Washing Machine Accident Sends Warning to Parents

An Oregon family is devastated after a tragic accident took the life of their toddler. Tiffany Hebb was doing laundry, while her 21-month-old Ollie kept her company. When she left the room briefly, he crawled into the washing machine and drowned.
I have no remorse for her. First rule of being a parent to an infant? DONT LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR EVEN ONE SECOND. Fuckin moron.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
how the fuck does a 21 monther have the upper body strength to pull him/herself into a front loader that had to of been running already or else there wouldnt have been water in it??? Doesnt make sense... can anybody say investigation?

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
fucking kids. It's like the very second they learn how to crawl or walk, they start looking for ways to kill themselves. "Hmmmmmm i wonder what would happen if i jam my tongue in this electrical thing".........gotta keep an eye on em'.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
how the fuck does a 21 monther have the upper body strength to pull him/herself into a front loader that had to of been running already or else there wouldnt have been water in it??? Doesnt make sense... can anybody say investigation?
Front loading washing machines use very little water ( home versions are very different the ones at the laundry mat ) no way he could have drowned in it, had to be a top loader than he fell into, maybe it was built into cabinets or something for him to climb up on, which makes me wonder why the fuck did she leave the lid open???

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Ah I see, so it had to be a combination of super toddler strength and bad parenting. The fuck she put him on top the washing machine for?! Or How the fuck did he get up there. This shit just doesnt add up when its just "toddler drowned in washing machine while mom wasnt looking".

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Ah I see, so it had to be a combination of super toddler strength and bad parenting. The fuck she put him on top the washing machine for?! Or How the fuck did he get up there. This shit just doesnt add up when its just "toddler drowned in washing machine while mom wasnt looking".
right. sounds like a bunch of bullshit. so if she sat him on top of the washer, then how did he even get in the washer to begin with? i dont get it.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011

this what she looks like, but in an un-embeddable picture i seen on google, shes kinda a chubster. Perty mouth, thunder thighs, not my cup o tea but im sure if she comes with a free taco we'd all beat

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Lol for real. this another casey anthony case.

I wouldnt mind beatin those breasteses though. shyooooooooooo

this is now the baby killers thread/casey anthony hot pictures thread