Vontel - Vision Of A Dream OG???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 28, 2002
www.cashflow420.com
I got a message from siccness member 209 regarding the authenticity of his Vontel Vision Of A Dream album. He sent along a pic with the ring code, so I checked mine and they're both different! I know that this album was released several times, and one release even has a bonus DVD, but I'm not sure what the og press codes are. Can anyone help us out? This first scan is of 209's version, and the following scans are of the version I have.

Sicc OG
Sep 14, 2006
Ya I messaged Jflo as well and he said his looks exactly like mine and that his is OG. But maybe if someone can post a scan of the actual OG and then we can compare what it looks like, because I would like to know if I really own the original pressing.

Cashflow420 what does it say around the ring on your cd for the pressing code, what are all the words, numbers and letters there?

Here are some scans of my inserts in the case:

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
Hmm.. I think the one u just showed is not original.. on the inner ring right next to Vontel's name there's a barcode.. my original doesn't have a barcode.. mine shows 880281T written backwards.. as a matter of fact i think the entire inner ring on your cd is way different..

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
My cd is exactly like his.. I bought mines back in the day when hitmenow.com was up and running.. I actually bought 8 of em and all were definitely originals. I do in fact know that Vontel & Bookie were all bootlegged in Japan and were selling them up the ass a year or two ago..

Jul 21, 2005
underground....6 feet deep

I dont own the OG , but from my personal point of view, printing on the cd looks a bit messed up on that pic, look how the word "dream" ends up in the barcode (why is there such a long barcode there anyway?) and the number "7" of track 7 is inside the circle. if I had to guess, I'd say Cashflow's version is the OG release.

Sicc OG
Sep 14, 2006
Here is a scan of a French persons Vontel cd, which he said he bought at Fnac Store in 1998 when the cd came out and it is different from the 2 copies we have already posted. This is ridiculous because now I am concerned that my cd may not be the legit first pressing.

Here is a scan of his cd:

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
^ that also looks like a bootleg.. it just doesnt look right for the letters and numbers printed on the inner ring.. it looks like a defected print..

all i know mines is original and purchased it before the bootleggin started taking place.. plus the versions that we have has perfect print

Sicc OG
Sep 14, 2006
I also did some research on pressing codes on the net for all cds and I came up on a good site which lists a lot of the USA CD pressing companies and other companies in other countries.

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/pr3/pressingplants/intro_cd.html

^^^ The link above takes you to a CD manufacturing tutorial setup, where the paragraphs on the page teach you how to distinguish between the different codes and what not.

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/pr3/pressingplants/index.html

^^^ This link above shows most of the large companies or main pressing companies in the USA and around the world.

Now on the disc that I have, it is pressed by Technicolor and that is a USA pressing company. On the plastic part of the disc when a cd is made at the factory, the press imprints a molded number into the plasitc, in order to tell which factory and what actual press made the cd. This is the signature of the cd and was only pressed into cds from 1992 or 1993 and on.

The Vontel cd that I own has the pressing mold code of IFPI 2T11 and is pressed in backwards. The 2T mold code is from the USA company Technicolor, from looking at that website and if their information is correct, which I am sure it is.

What this basically tells me is that my cd is 100% a USA pressed cd and not a japan reprint, but I just dont know if it is the Original pressed version. I would really like to find this out, cause I payed some cash for my cd. So if anyone can add any information to this thread about the vontel cd or knows forsure that they have the OG, please post a scan of the cd.

Jan 14, 2007
what is the color of the font "parental, explicit content" of the OG.
i can find some front inserts has white color and some has kind of brown color.

Aug 18, 2002
OG

My copy is exactly like the French dude who said he bought his in 98 and my guess is it's OG. I got mine from a small local store chain that had recieved it as a promo copy....only marking was a sharpie strip on the celo wrap. I would think they only do promo's for the original release. Here are scans.

Apr 30, 2006
this is a fake release sold by calstate and other people. Just a better repress...I have had it, the covers are a little blurry that a Og release (got the same release as 209 post, scan from french man)

Apr 26, 2010
there are so many different presses of that cd , you can debate all days which is og , i remember when that cd could be sold for over $200 , man those where the days!

Jun 9, 2009
Here is a scan of a French persons Vontel cd, which he said he bought at Fnac Store in 1998 when the cd came out and it is different from the 2 copies we have already posted. This is ridiculous because now I am concerned that my cd may not be the legit first pressing.

Here is a scan of his cd:

So this version is the 1st press?

Oct 8, 2010
hi all !

I just clear my ideas on this subject.
I know there are two versions og 1st press of this CD, the pic of 209 is one of the two versions.
But finally what is the second version og ?????

Can someone confirm me if it's a OG or repress? apparently that of calstate said lbc4ever?

thanks you !!

Jan 6, 2003
That's another pressing of this album. there are so many different pressings of this album so I'd advise you you say fuck finding the OG and just enjoy the dope music

Apr 26, 2010
i bought one in a used section back in like 2004 and it was a technicolor one , but I have also bought the ifpi in used sections back in like 08 so its hard to tell. There are several pressess of that cd , there is the technocolor , the ifpi , the one with the mispelled track 9 i think it is on the back cover , the one with the dvd , and some japan re press so its really hard to tell.