your thoughts on DZK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
before you read this please keep in mind im 31 years old and been a hip hop head since 4th or 5th grade. my first actual "purchase" i ever made was NWA's single "a hundred miles and runnin" and i love all forms of hip hop from every coast and country for that matter. with that being said....i been a major fan of DZK for the longest. not only does he win every online battle tournament he enters, he just seems to have an endless barrage of lyrics. his wordplay and rhyme schemes are flawless. he is funny as fuck on the mic, i honestly never laugh harder than when i listen to some of his shit. i honestly think alot of it has to do with his adderall abuse (thats purely speculation on my part but he does proudly say he abuses the drug). in my opinion, he is the #1 "rappin at the house in moms' basement" emcee. here are my questions to you guys,

1- do you think he could even attempt to spit his shit at a live show? i dont think he could pull it off cause he stuffs way too many words into each song.

2- do you think he has any street cred whatsoever?

3- what do you think the motivation was behind the eminem diss he did with canibus? (ya know for a diss track he sure did come at eminem pretty weak compared to what he's done verbally to other "internet" emcees)

4- do you think he will ever make it into the main stream with all the negatives against him already? (he has already given away literally damn near a hundred songs for free on the net, he is a young white kid from the burbs, he doesnt do live shows that im aware of. i think i saw one picture of him doing a show and the crowd looked decent)
i dunno im bored and thought this was a good topic. here are a few songs in case you have never heard of him.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE FROM HIM: he is so fuckin graphic with his rhymes its uncanny. and by graphic i dont mean "gross" i mean descriptive (for all my illiterate goons out there). i get goose bumps every time i hear the lime highlighted parts. multi's upon multi's upon multi's. simply amazing.

I plan with a clan of, well known omens:
swordsmen atop four horses, roaming
prophets... of the approaching apocalypse,
rotted flesh, breath smoking, toxic

"War" is the force of our brothers in anger
"Famine" represents the hands of Mother Nature
"Pestilence" relates to man, She hates us
"Death" is the resting place of all creation

examine my basic, transformation
from ape to an ancient, escape this plane with
meditation, hang in spacial orbit,
in a dormant station, and inform my agents

from hi-jacked sattelite waves in rotation
I've had a great revelation; ascention
a brain elevation, witness the changes
I will return to the Earth... and claim it

where light's absent, I descend barefoot,
through the Stratsophere after several years passin'
trapped in the black magnetic field
of the Mesosphere with nitrogen gases

ears have been gathered, my speech thunders,
near you streets rumble beneath the masses, hundreds
of thousands, bow as the Sun drowns out, see
I breathe foul clouds as I scream out loudly

mountains shower around you vanishing
speakin is the powerful mouth of a champion,
vocal's spoken broke tree's in the canopy
leave the ground breached, seething land steams

hot spring geysers arise, where I touch
watch me glide through the sky as I lunge
swoop through challengers, talons extended
chew through em, growlin, malice intended,

wind is liftin, carry me with clarity,
pitch shift, barrel roll free in the airy breeze
hear a squeek, eagle beak squeeze, eat parakeet
sharin no equal, evil to the very teeth

voices, daring me to poison the merry King
hoist him and carry him, torch him in kerosene
oil and bury 'em in soil, very deep
coiled in various spoils, his hairy steed

sleeping on top of his ashes, dishonored
captains, seargents, commander's of armed men
targeted marching, shoot any ranking suit...
who receives a salute from his army

I'm heartless, accutely marred gruesomely
in darkly bruising scarring, spewing tarry
fluids barring my newest victims from movement,
I'm sorry for nothing, I'm brutal... Inhuman

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
"Inhuman" is pretty dope. I remember my homie telling me how everybody's talking about this "DZK" guy, back in '04. So I checked him out and it was like hearing the style that I've been searching for (aside from the comedy rap he does).

Big Rich, I think you could've chose better songs. And I can't answer the first three questions, but I don't think he'd want to go mainstream. The move he made with Canibus, however, was unexpected.

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
"Inhuman" is pretty dope. I remember my homie telling me how everybody's talking about this "DZK" guy, back in '04. So I checked him out and it was like hearing the style that I've been searching for (aside from the comedy rap he does).

Big Rich, I think you could've chose better songs. And I can't answer the first three questions, but I don't think he'd want to go mainstream. The move he made with Canibus, however, was unexpected.
M-Eighty hooked him up with Canibus

Dec 3, 2009
He's cool. But the only "Lyrical" rapper I really like is Canibus.
Canibus sounds fancy but he's actually saying something.
DZK is like a drugged out satanist , he can sound fancy,
but I don't think he has a message.
'
He's not really my cup of tea. But I will say this. He's better than Young Money!

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
when he started rhyming like canibus, I stopped listening....canibus isn't my cup of tea whatsoever.

THATS WHAT IT IS! i noticed his style changed a bit and never put the two together. thanks man for pointing that out. i think canibus is still sick though.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I've always liked DZK... I liked his early songs, like the ones you posted up Rich... but really there are a lot of great emcee's in the underground right now... My crew is actually stacked with talent right now... check out Zinn, and True Grit on first two verses with Deafinition... they're flippin' the Cage lyric on the hook...

Shadowville again on the production... :D

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
The first guy's got right word play. And the second guy is above average.
However, if you're trying to compare them to DZK... don't.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
and then whats even stranger is canibus is out on tour and dzk aint with him! how beteer else to get more fan base? he seriously needs to drop an album quick before he gets lost in the sauce.

looks like he doesnt have a problem drawing a crowd judging by this picture: