With MTV & all, should STRANGE...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
sobman said:
Tech doesn't want to go mainstream, if he did he wouldn't have chose bout to bubble as his song to do it, and he damn sure wouldn't have made such a shitty video
he might not want to go mainstream but he wants everyone to listen to his music becuz it is for everyone, so that means he haas to go mainstream, but he isnt gon change his style

Sep 26, 2002
Gawd Sadist said:
. For one thing, a big part of what makes Tech stand out is his real unique production. If you've ever heard him on a different style beat, it sounds kinda awkward and doesn't fit well.
you're crazy. tech "freestyle" on that dre beat was good. Kill 'em off was awesome. Slacker was good and that was a "regular" type of a beat. "ways of the world" with empire was awesome.

Sep 17, 2003
sobman said:
Tech doesn't want to go mainstream, if he did he wouldn't have chose bout to bubble as his song to do it, and he damn sure wouldn't have made such a shitty video

What a fucking tool! :dead:

What artist do you know that doesn't want to go mainstream?? No matter who they are, no matter what genre they are in, all artists want their careers to go mainstream. That's where the money is! Now, I understand what you are saying... you're saying Tech N9ne must not want it "all that bad" if he chose Bout Ta' Bubble for his lead single. I personally love Bout Ta' Bubble, but others may not. That song is one of the most catchy and club ready songs on the whole album. It easily has the most appeal. There are plenty of other songs on Everready that have appeal, but he has to get his foot in that door first!

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
in10city_131x said:
you're crazy. tech "freestyle" on that dre beat was good. Kill 'em off was awesome. Slacker was good and that was a "regular" type of a beat. "ways of the world" with empire was awesome.
I've only heard two of those, but I wouldn't called Slacker 'regular' in the least. However, you may note that I never said he couldn't. I just think it would be awkward, but by regular, and classic, which was the term used in the post I referenced, I think of 90's type beats, like Pac beats and such, and many of those sound odd. Atleast to me. Like the song I mentioned, Thugs Get Lonely 2 by Pac ft. Tech.

Dec 10, 2005
in10city_131x said:
hell yeah, i agree. Kill Em Off has always been one of my fav. collabs. and he kills it on "The Anthem"

Dec 10, 2005
really? anthem wuz kinda regular to me as far as Sway and Tech go and i really didnt like the 1st verse and em's verse. he's not that bad of a rapper, its just his voice sounds really weird in that shit.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
I personally love everything Tech does. I've NEVER heard a Tech song I DISliked. I just think that he needs to come as strong as HE can, with HIS style, like on Everready, in order to make it mainstream, cuz if he releases ANYthing that sounds REMOTELY normal, I think the mainstream will either spurn him entirely, or chew him up before they spit him out as a short-reigned artist. Lou Begga style. As always, my opinion.