With MTV & all, should STRANGE...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 21, 2002
...kick out another video to keep the hype going. We have discussed 100 times what the next video should be and all, but Bout ta Bubble came and it went and we know once this vid hits hard in rotation it'll rekindle and be hot again.

Again, listening to the whole album one of my fav's has to be Night & Day, and with Alpha Dog on the charts like it is, I think it would've been the shit for Strange to drop a video for Night & Day with Alpha Dog clips in the video thus giving it a little more mainstream play and open up listeners for Tech. That way Tech could've slipped in a little for himself to get exposure.

A lot of people keep getting on here saying Fuck MTV, fuck BET and all, but for those of you that dont know, people wont halfway fuck with anybody unless they are on MTV or BET or equivalent. That's why cats are like who's Tech N9ne??? I got to so many cities and cats dont even know who he is. He's someone that will affect the industry in a MAJOR way, but you have to understand regardless of what you may think, your only worth what the airwaves dictate and if Tech aint on the airwaves, no ones gonna cop the album off word of mouth 9 times outta 10. Thats why people think cats like Jim Jones and Chingy are the hottest cats out. It aint because they tight, its because they are on T.V. and the radio. I know, the new generation is fucked up in their thought process but thats how it is.

Mixtapes... Tech... Mixtapes... PLEASE!!!

Sep 26, 2002
i say fuck mtv. but that doesnt mean Tech shouldnt be on there.
if tech gets on there that's a step towards a better world. and maybe if the progress continues, i'll be able to one day watch mtv

Sep 17, 2003
You can tell they are trying so hard for Bout Ta' Bubble to blow up. I really hope it does, but it has some heavy competition, as far as mainstream goes.

That said, I like the idea of a Night & Day video, but I would expect the movie people to help pay for that video and promotion. I really don't think it's a video that Tech would do on his own, but I like the idea, MasZive.

May 23, 2006
a new video, maybe. When Tech was here last week, he said the new single was chosen and ready to go. He was going to play it, but he said some paperwork still had to be done. wasn't there speculation about "It's What You Thinkin" being the next single?

Dec 14, 2005
I was thinking this also...I thought Night and Day would be a good choice...but when I look at it, it seems like a N&D vid would be just like the B2B vid...just a party scene with tech performing...

I need to see Welcome to the Midwest..with a good concept behind the video...not just Tech at a club performing the song...

Aug 21, 2002
I say make a whole new song for the single.
As for the N&D vid, I was saying that as far as that being included in the movie budget.
I didnt hear what happened to DJ Drama, imma look it up though.
And as for mixtapes, just Tech putting shit together that he know's he'll rip to shreds. Your right, the mixtape scene took a left turn about 9-10 mos ago, so it'll be a tough cookie right now to get that poppin'.
Yeah, fuck MTV, but for him to get what he deserves, like I said, people use MTV and BET as the determining factor if your hot or not! Believe me, I've heard the most ignorant shit ever from people, thats why I said that about MTV. If it determines an atrists worth in their eyes then it just does. Thats the way of the world.

Jul 7, 2002
The Rain is a good video for somebody already established in the mainstream, not for somebody looking to break in.

A single is typically not chosen for how cool of a video you can make, but more for the potential it has to hit on TV, radio, and in the club. For artists still working their way up the club is the easiest to get into so you must have something club ready.

Feb 17, 2006
i do not think night and day would be a good choice, i like the song just not to that extent. for me the way i choose what single i would want next is simply put me at one of my school dances and which song would i want on. i live in the suburbs surrounded by white kids, i am one myself. they all listen to mainstream and all the songs that are on mtv is shit they fuck around with and grind n shit. Caribou lou is definetley that song, that and its got a nice diss on the industry at the end lol

Sep 17, 2003
I feel Matt when he says Caribou Lou just might be the next single. It seems to have the most potential impact right now. I think there are a few others on the album that would work too, but he needs something that will hook the masses.

Dec 14, 2005
Nahh...I say no way Caribou Lou...

The other day I was thinking that Flash would be a good choice...and a good video...

But above all is Welcome to the Midwest..with or without twista

Feb 17, 2006
the beast...last time i checked, the beast was the second most downloaded song off of everready (according to itunes...bout ta bubble was first)...if people already seem to like it, then it makes sense to give them a video

Sep 26, 2002
I'd definitely pick Caribou over Flash but i wouldnt pick neither of them

i could agree with the beast, or welcome to the midwest....
but above all i would say come gansta... but that'd be a risk i guess