Why rappers in the bay never make it!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
the boy philthy rich got wraped up driving a stolen whip in frisco. he is a good example why bay rappers dont make it big. 1 they sign stupid record deals. 2. get killed cause they still in the streets or 3. get thrown in prison for doing dumbshit. step ya game up bay area. hope philithy gets off easy. just keepping 100. you can hate on me but i call it how i see it.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
HD should be the front runner of the bay....... but he in jail.

I'm sold on the fact that HD could be a national success with a serious label deal, and people in the background handling promo and things.

May 16, 2002
Talk about faking it til you make it. Too many artist trying to fit the image & have the luxury, but don't have a hit record or known outside their region.

Dec 2, 2006
We lack substance. I mean really though, lets break down the situation that sparked this thread....

I know nothing about Philty Rich other than what happened in this instance. It sounds like the man rented a Bentley in Vegas and decidied to not return it. That is a choice he made and probably why the police were "hating" on him and his show. Now lets take it a step further and get to the root of the problem....

The night of and the morning following the incident Philty Rich tweeted the following tweets: "F--- the police they just got into a hi speed with my n----- why the f--- was they in front of the club," he posted that around midnight. Around noon today he wrote, "Last night at my show I was targeted by the san francisco police they took me and my cousin to jail and seized my bentley I'm a bail for 30k."In his most recent post, Beasley said he was "Fresh out the joint fent to get a shrimp burrito man please don't take yall freedom for a joke s--- could be ugly." Please take into account this is information being conveyed via a media outlet so its accuracy can be questioned for sure.

So, am I the only person that sees what is wrong with this picture if this account is accurate? Let me tell you what I see. I see an individual, based on these media accounts, that refuses to take responsibilty for his actions. I see a person that after all this came out, is still proclaiming they impounded "his" Bentley, his 30k bail is nothing to a boss and a shrimp burrito is on the menu,lol(had to throw that in there).

Last time I checked a 30k bail is 3k (if you got 30k you can put it up and get it back after the court case ends), and don't worry about the 3k, they got playment plans for that there at Alladin. $500 could get you out on a 30k bail.

At the end of the day, I simply ask what is real and what is fake again?

Don't anyone go take this personal either, it is an example of what I think is wrong....

My point is the people pulling the strings get the game we try to play. They laugh because they have been playing it. Drake came out here and was clowning on the Bay, imo.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
Because Radio stations & TV music channels have slowly turned mainstream gay. GAY!GAY!GAY! But i can't blame that poor miserable midget Chuey Gomez every time he slaps on the latest Justin Bieber video. He's gotta make a pay check.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
talk about your own home on the internet so much that no other city can respect it if you dont

hyphy got disowned by the bay before it got disowned by other cities

thats ass backwards IMO

had to have drake come out of nowhere and light yall own torch

the bay and cali in general just needs to start having some sort of pride and respect about where were from & at, but its always a monkey in the barrel type situation, were wayyy too worried about our backyard to worry about everyone elses backyard

same shit in southern cali really

trust me, as played out as houstons shtick got, they rode that shit till the end of its profits lol

i guess you just gotta let it be....if someone makes it from cali and you dont even like the mother fucker just root for dude cuz hes on the right team

Feb 16, 2006
the boy philthy rich got wraped up driving a stolen whip in frisco. he is a good example why bay rappers dont make it big. 1 they sign stupid record deals. 2. get killed cause they still in the streets or 3. get thrown in prison for doing dumbshit. step ya game up bay area. hope philithy gets off easy. just keepping 100. you can hate on me but i call it how i see it.
lot of stories floating around, either he used a broad to finance it and it went bad or he was late on a payment. but the whip wasn't actually 'stolen'

Feb 8, 2003
that dont just happens in the bay. that happens with many rappers all over the world.

Feb 8, 2003
We lack substance. I mean really though, lets break down the situation that sparked this thread....

I know nothing about Philty Rich other than what happened in this instance. It sounds like the man rented a Bentley in Vegas and decidied to not return it. That is a choice he made and probably why the police were "hating" on him and his show. Now lets take it a step further and get to the root of the problem....

The night of and the morning following the incident Philty Rich tweeted the following tweets: "F--- the police they just got into a hi speed with my n----- why the f--- was they in front of the club," he posted that around midnight. Around noon today he wrote, "Last night at my show I was targeted by the san francisco police they took me and my cousin to jail and seized my bentley I'm a bail for 30k."In his most recent post, Beasley said he was "Fresh out the joint fent to get a shrimp burrito man please don't take yall freedom for a joke s--- could be ugly." Please take into account this is information being conveyed via a media outlet so its accuracy can be questioned for sure.

So, am I the only person that sees what is wrong with this picture if this account is accurate? Let me tell you what I see. I see an individual, based on these media accounts, that refuses to take responsibilty for his actions. I see a person that after all this came out, is still proclaiming they impounded "his" Bentley, his 30k bail is nothing to a boss and a shrimp burrito is on the menu,lol(had to throw that in there).

Last time I checked a 30k bail is 3k (if you got 30k you can put it up and get it back after the court case ends), and don't worry about the 3k, they got playment plans for that there at Alladin. $500 could get you out on a 30k bail.

At the end of the day, I simply ask what is real and what is fake again?

Don't anyone go take this personal either, it is an example of what I think is wrong....

My point is the people pulling the strings get the game we try to play. They laugh because they have been playing it. Drake came out here and was clowning on the Bay, imo.
he stupid as fuck too they gonna use them tweets against him too. he more then likely goin to jail unless he can prove that was really his car(which we all believe it wasnt) or figure something out with the place he rented it from.

May 16, 2002
he stupid as fuck too they gonna use them tweets against him too. he more then likely goin to jail unless he can prove that was really his car(which we all believe it wasnt) or figure something out with the place he rented it from.

This is true, they will dig you up and find anything you've said online (fb, Twitter, youtube etc.) And use it as incriminating evidence against you.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Because Radio stations & TV music channels have slowly turned mainstream gay. GAY!GAY!GAY! But i can't blame that poor miserable midget Chuey Gomez every time he slaps on the latest Justin Bieber video. He's gotta make a pay check.
They have turned gay, that's true

But what is also true is that the supposedly hardcore music has sucked for a while too.

Those are not mutually exclusive things.

There simply isn't much music to get excited about in the Bay right now and this should be the first place to go and look for reasons why the Bay isn't hot.

There are three ways artists from the Bay can get in the spotlight again:

1. Individual artists make it big by making the kind of gay mainstream music that will sell to the largge mass of sheep out there. In which case they will be promptly disowned

2. Individual artists who come with something relatively original that some portion of the masses can relate to and generate a buzz. They usually get disowned too and rightfully so because usually they suck too (Lill B, etc.)

3. The region as a whole coming up with a distinct sound that catches on, which is what is usually meant when this discussion comes up (a few times every week). Hyphy was in that category, however it was doomed from the beginning due to its inherent limitations as a genre.

But at least it was an identity, right now there isn't even that - 95% of the music I hear from the Bay is bland, generic and flat out boring to listen to.

Apr 5, 2008
Let's be real the kind of music HD makes and most of the bay makes will probably never be nationally successful ever again. There was a time when that gangsta shit was new to people and it was waking them up to the reality of life that they never saw. Now no one cares again and mostly only people who can relate to it listen to it. In the bay tho, squares and normal people do seem to like gangsta shit, but not all of them.

Nov 28, 2011
Even the comments on All Hip Hop dot com are talking about this topic. Got him holding stacks of 1's ...... Embarrassing MAN SMH

I hope he has a house paid off in full before owning that Bentley! FLOSS the Property taxes, routine maintenance and homeowners insurance instead...

May 5, 2005
If cats like Rick Ross are only making 200K per year (Which is good for rapping these days) What makes you think this cat is living large? Seriously? Rick Ross has a huge fan base rap wise and is getting nationwide rotation. It's real easy to front like you have money. Just go to Atlanta, land of the fake ballers. Niggas living on credit pretending they doing big shit.

Dec 2, 2006
If cats like Rick Ross are only making 200K per year (Which is good for rapping these days) What makes you think this cat is living large? Seriously? Rick Ross has a huge fan base rap wise and is getting nationwide rotation. It's real easy to front like you have money. Just go to Atlanta, land of the fake ballers. Niggas living on credit pretending they doing big shit.
But everybody does it....