WHO'S SICK OF PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR AN ALBUM?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 18, 2002
NOW A DAYZ FOLX BURN CDZ FOR FREE, WHICH IS FUCKING UP THE GAME.. NO UP AND COMING ARTIST CAN COMPETE WITH MARKING THEIR PROJECT AT THE SAME COST OF A MAIN STREAM ARTIST. ARE YOU GOING TO REALLY TAKE A CHANCE ON BUYING JOE-BLOW OVER SOMEONE LIKE E-40 FOR THE SAME AMOUNT? BUYMAI RECORDS WILL BE DROPPING THE PRICE ON OUR NEW ARTIST J-SCE THE MASTA MIND. THE AVERAGE ALBUM IN THE STORES COST AROUND $16.98 PLUS TAX. THE ALBUM "BRAIN FOOD" WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 11 DOLLARS PLUS TAX. (DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY)

WOULD MORE PEOPLE BUY ALBUMS FOR THAT PRICE? (BRAND NEW)

J-SCE THE MASTA MIND "BRAIN FOOD" IN STORES MAY 27TH

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
Maybe even cheaper Mike. I got the double disc goin in stores at price point of between 10.99 & 13.99. My single disc's are goin in even cheaper...ranging from like 7.99 to 10.99

Just gotta go with the times and move more units instead of less due to pricing and the fucked off eco.

playa rae

Apr 25, 2002
MIGHTY MIKE said:
NOW A DAYZ FOLX BURN CDZ FOR FREE, WHICH IF FUCKING UP THE GAME.. NO UP AND COMING ARTIST CAN COMPETE WITH MARKING THEIR PROJECT AT THE SAME COST OF A MAIN STREAM ARTIST. ARE YOU GOING TO REALLY TAKE A CHANCE ON BUYING JOE-BLOW OVER SOMEONE LIKE E-40 FOR THE SAME AMOUNT? BUYMAI RECORDS WILL BE DROPPING THE PRICE ON OUR NEW ARTIST J-SCE THE MASTA MIND. THE AVERAGE ALBUM IN THE STORES COST AROUND $16.98 PLUS TAX. THE ALBUM "BRAIN FOOD" WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 11 DOLLARS PLUS TAX. (DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY)

WOULD MORE PEOPLE BUY ALBUMS FOR THAT PRICE? (BRAND NEW)
Hot music sells itself homie and word-of-mouth is a lot more beneficial to your sales then a full-page magazine ad. Before cats worry about marketing, they need to make sure they got something worth marketing in the first place.

Price ain't the problem man, the product is. Plenty of people are willing to lay down $15 or whatever on your cd if they feel they're getting their moneys worth. Crap is crap whether it's $10 crap or $15 crap.

Apr 25, 2002
THE D.U.G.O.U.T said:
Just gotta go with the times and move more units instead of less due to pricing and the fucked off eco.
No doubt! I'ld rather push twice the units at half the price then half the units at twice the price. Volume, volume, volume!

Game Warden

On The Rise
Mar 9, 2003
www.papertrailmusic.com
MIGHTY MIKE said:
BUYMAI RECORDS WILL BE DROPPING THE PRICE ON OUR NEW ARTIST J-SCE THE MASTA MIND..... WOULD MORE PEOPLE BUY ALBUMS FOR THAT PRICE? (BRAND NEW)
In my mind, I realy don't look at the price unless I'm trying to decide between two records and only have a certain amount of money. I don't know many people who just reach their hand inthe bin and pull out a record because it's onsale. Maybe a different approach might be givin up a few audios so people can get acquianed withthis new artist.

That being said, all things being equal..... price does make a difference. 2 schools of thought, tho'
1. Cost conscious buyer sees price and buys it b/c its a good deal.
2. Kid has never heard of the artist and sees its already on sale (lower price) and figures "it must be weak and they're tryin to get rid of it".

That's my .02

Jul 25, 2002
When i buy CD's from artist they be selling them for like $5 each or $6 now if all CD's was that price i would be buyin shit loads but $13 and over is to fuckin much money for just a CD i remember my boy buyin a shitload of KVE cd's for $5 each thats tight right there...and mistacane is hookin up deals 3 CD's for $15 that's a coo deal... Why buy 1 Cd For $13 or up when you can get $3 for $15 :classic:

May 18, 2002
THE D.U.G.O.U.T said:
Maybe even cheaper Mike. I got the double disc goin in stores at price point of between 10.99 & 13.99. My single disc's are goin in even cheaper...ranging from like 7.99 to 10.99

playa rae
Good point Rae... We hittin hard times, so it leaves us no choice to mark down product..

May 18, 2002
Re: Re: WHO'S SICK OF PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR AN ALBUM?

Game Warden said:

That being said, all things being equal..... price does make a difference. 2 schools of thought, tho'
1. Cost conscious buyer sees price and buys it b/c its a good deal.
2. Kid has never heard of the artist and sees its already on sale (lower price) and figures "it must be weak and they're tryin to get rid of it".

That's my .02
Thats real talk!!!! We been hitting the streets wit snippitz, so hopfully this will help....