Who I believe has true ***$Star*****Power

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

s.g.t

Sicc OG
Aug 14, 2003
This thread aint knockin nobody nor makin a gigantic statement, but the DoneDeal artist "Ya Boy" is the one I truly believe has the potential to blowup beyond the reaches of his present market.

A young lady from my neck of the woods saw me flippin through the siccness and donedeal site and saw "Ya Boy."
The chick was drooling when she saw him. She thought young cat was "handsome" and his flow and beats were tight (radio friendly). Had me order his new shit from friscostreet.

I dont care what alot of people think, but good looks and good flow and beats go along way in the game. Think about whose getting much play (more than bay artists) on KMEL, ect, these days. Its people like Chingy, Bow Wow, Ludi, Nelly. These niggas are athetically appealing to women (#1 consumer of hip hop), even if they cant flow. Plus Ya Boy need a hellafied distro and marketing campaign; Plus, nigga need to slim down in the face...and you got the next big thing I believed. He already plays the part but done deal needs a distro deal beyond cali.

Jul 22, 2004
www.donedealworld.com
we've been hearing about offers all the time for him. i've been saying it....... it's a matter of time for him and quinn. u r right about all that shit though. the majors want an artist that they could market easily.

we have a distribution thru fontana/universal. they underestimated this project but now they're finally starting to see the buzz and stepping their game up.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
i think there is 3 cats in the bay who can really do it with mass appeal.

YA BOY is the futurer for sure. the boy can spit fire, plus hes a nice kid. i am 100% sure hes gonna blow. my friends in europe have dubbed him the next big thing and they bump his shit 24/7

of course i agree with dana and mark that PSD is the one guy who has the total package for the main stream as well as love from the streets. he raps, he sings and the ladies love him, he's denzel with a microphone. he has the complete package.

last but not least you know i gotta throw ap9 in the mix, i think that cat is what the world been waitin on. hes the real deal.

theres many other, but those 3 will blow for sure.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
PSD is a very marketable cat and I think he has what it takes to blow. He can sing he kinda reminds me of Devin the Dude and ladies just love those pretty thug n****s. Clyde carson is another cat that has the potential to be a star.

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
B.C. said:
PSD is a very marketable cat and I think he has what it takes to blow. He can sing he kinda reminds me of Devin the Dude and ladies just love those pretty thug n****s. Clyde carson is another cat that has the potential to be a star.
YEA CLYDE TOO, HE GOT THAT VOICE....ALSO FAB

Nov 1, 2004
B.C. said:
yeah, while I was listening to the new one "the guru" I also thought that he has a similar style as devin.

Apr 22, 2005
Plus, nigga need to slim down in the face...and you got the next big thing I believed.
lol wtf?

anyway yeah I think Ya Boy,Clyde fuck it the whole Team but mainly clyde,Turf,and def PSD got that kinda mass appeal,I'd really like to see all these folks blow up tho oh and cant forget Zion I,they got beats,message and flow

Oct 19, 2004
The Team is the most marketable from a "complete package" point of view. But what does that really mean though? I bet nobody was lookin at Mike Jones or Mannie fresh and thinkin they was marketable. It all boils down to an artist knowin their niche and creatively force feeding/marketing it.

I still think Keak, Jacka, Balance, The Federation, The Team, San Quinn, and Ya Boy are all gonna blow regardless of if they appeal to females or not. They make ggod music and at the end of the day thats what counts.