WHEN YOUR 15 MIN IZ UP ITS UP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2009
you lame fucks

it dont have to be a big label fuck a big label its enough money to stay independent all im saying iz the uinty that we had didnt help out others when the front runners fell off cuz if thats the case why we dont have a new fab or a new keek or anew somebody to take the bay to the next level e 40 and short they have been in the game for to long now fab had hiz run keek had hiz run whos next or iz it going to take another 10 years very proud of the jack look how he did it gave us a song about shorty all over me but when you buy hiz shit its shit thats going on out here in the bay by fabs album its like hyphy and getting high people out side the bay trust me on this dont get it why the music paints no picture everybody always saying people take bay slang baystyle flip it and run wit it what happend this time i guess they took the hyphe movement and ran with that to no thats not it their iz no uinty in that shit and people just dont get kids may like but face it kids get older to rappers get older to what does a 30 year old man look like rapping about jumping out of a car lol or a rapper period from the streets doing that shit knowing damn well mf aint happy were we come from the bay area its ugly out here the least we could do iz put out good music everybody support the music everybody go and cop that shit we dont need big labels its niggas down south getting money and they not even on a big label they just have unity you sad the south dont have unity well its more rappers from the south on tv than bay rappers big labels saw their unity gave them a chance they ran wit it al we no iz it looks good numbers dont lie people do i need to meet a rapper from the bay besides 40 and short or keek when that album drops sell 5ooo in a week ya myspace iz rocking wit all those plays all those freinds but you cant sell 5000 in a week but you got 50.000 freinds

70SAV

Sicc OG
Mar 1, 2006
I know that this is gonna sound fucked up, but what exactly are all of these rappers who need to be put on gonna do for 40 or Short in return? You have to realize that neither of these men are lacking in business savvy, so if there was a way for them to capitalize off of what talent the Bay does have to offer, don't you think they would? Do you believe they are just hatin', and that they would cut off their noses to spite their own faces?

In reality, they (unlike some of the other more unfortunate Hip-Hop business minds from the Bay) understand that a key rule of economics is that consumers have only so much to spend, and that if you want to continue to stay in business you do not
create your own competition. in these economic times a dollar in your pocket is a dollar out of the next mans. In other words if a fan goes to the record store with only enough money to purchase one CD then he's only gonna be able to purchase
E-40'/ Short's CD or your CD. So tell me why in god's name anyone would think that they would want put other rappers on without some sort of financial gain?

Feb 15, 2008
But what does unity do for the artist? Why would record sales go up if there was unity? What major labels care about is if you can make a single that there radio department can sell to radio.After you have a radio song then it becomes a crap shoot if its going to work. Majors do not have the money to develop new talent these days nor indie record compaines. in the 90s you and your hood put you on. The south has better demographics then we do in the bay. The bay and LA are to diffrent markets. The only reason the bay is still selling records in Denver,Portland,Seattle,Salt Lake city, Vegas,Phoenix, and the smaller markets is becuz there rap scene has not taken off yet where there artist are putting out quallity music that they want to hear. Sales are going down project by project for every artist.

70SAV

Sicc OG
Mar 1, 2006
bro your lost stay out of it
Patna the only thing lost is your punctuation. You're livin in a fantasy world where you believe somebody is gonna carry you to the top on their back for nuthin'. Get some business skillz about yourself and stop lookin' for a handout. The only unity you need is between you and your folks. It don't take a whole region to make quality music and last time I checked 40 and Short wasn't in the business of bein Fairy Godmothers...

thizz

Sicc OG
Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
The problem with the bay is everybody THINKS they're in the industry and nobody is a consumer. For every sale there used to be now is a Myspace music page promoting an album that will never come out. U go to any bay show and EVERYBODY is tryna get backstage and "network" nobody is a fan anymore. Now everybody knows what 40's doing wrong or what this label is doing wrong or what that artist needs to do.

Jul 29, 2004
it dont have to be a big label fuck a big label its enough money to stay independent all im saying iz the uinty that we had didnt help out others when the front runners fell off cuz if thats the case why we dont have a new fab or a new keek or anew somebody to take the bay to the next level e 40 and short they have been in the game for to long now fab had hiz run keek had hiz run whos next or iz it going to take another 10 years very proud of the jack look how he did it gave us a song about shorty all over me but when you buy hiz shit its shit thats going on out here in the bay by fabs album its like hyphy and getting high people out side the bay trust me on this dont get it why the music paints no picture everybody always saying people take bay slang baystyle flip it and run wit it what happend this time i guess they took the hyphe movement and ran with that to no thats not it their iz no uinty in that shit and people just dont get kids may like but face it kids get older to rappers get older to what does a 30 year old man look like rapping about jumping out of a car lol or a rapper period from the streets doing that shit knowing damn well mf aint happy were we come from the bay area its ugly out here the least we could do iz put out good music everybody support the music everybody go and cop that shit we dont need big labels its niggas down south getting money and they not even on a big label they just have unity you sad the south dont have unity well its more rappers from the south on tv than bay rappers big labels saw their unity gave them a chance they ran wit it al we no iz it looks good numbers dont lie people do i need to meet a rapper from the bay besides 40 and short or keek when that album drops sell 5ooo in a week ya myspace iz rocking wit all those plays all those freinds but you cant sell 5000 in a week but you got 50.000 freinds

Independent does not mean staying in your region. Youre right, fuck a major. That being said, you still need to get out of this region to be a successful indie artist. Talib is indie and still sells at least 80,000 everytime. Those are good indie numbers. Not what you see here off one region.

Feb 15, 2008
Independent does not mean staying in your region. Youre right, fuck a major. That being said, you still need to get out of this region to be a successful indie artist. Talib is indie and still sells at least 80,000 everytime. Those are good indie numbers. Not what you see here off one region.
Talib is on warner bros. But still your right he is successfull cuz he does not use a huge budget to do what he sells. Thats why its funny when people will say oh so and so only sold this much its a flop. Far from the truth a FLOP is when a label does not make a profit from a record thats a FLOP. no regular person knows how much an album budget is and how much the label/artist made back from album sales, i tunes, ring tones, and publishing.

May 31, 2006
what the bay needs is some more solid ACTIVE producers and multiple rappers that support them. yeah we got some of the best khayree, johnny-z, ant banks, nick peace, sean-t, tc and so on.. but the new producers need to step it up and get rid of these wack ass half techno and chipmunk voice beats.... just some food for thought

Feb 15, 2008
The problem with the bay is everybody THINKS they're in the industry and nobody is a consumer. For every sale there used to be now is a Myspace music page promoting an album that will never come out. U go to any bay show and EVERYBODY is tryna get backstage and "network" nobody is a fan anymore. Now everybody knows what 40's doing wrong or what this label is doing wrong or what that artist needs to do.
This is very true right here. Especially in the bay where every single person believes there apart of the music business cuz they have a myspace page with some songs on there and a photo shop flyer. Why do people feel the need that they have to be on stage when a FAB,40,JACKA,TOO SHORT is rapping? Did the above mention rappers come on your set???? Its like I say the bay is in the way of themself.

Feb 15, 2008
am i in that catagory? just wanna know.
I feel you have yet to produce a local hit and work with enough artist to consider you a big producer in the bay. A majority of your big names you take credit for were a feature on somebody else record and did not buy/get a track from you for there album. Thats not a diss just my opinion.

Jan 6, 2009
you keep saying major im not talking about that
first and for most kid im no rapper im not looking for a deal but i do see and hear and i do keep up with the history of most rappers start point to were that are at now back in the day rappers like drudown short cydle 3xcrazy bluntfunk even b-legit sold records
let me break it down for you
since you got a smart ass mouth
check media bace on all those rappers i just named tell me what would you find as far as radio spins NOTHING
SECOND how did they sell records with no radio = unity
what does asking for unity have to do with me trying to get a hand out
thats called working together
THIRD but now days you rappers think if you got a banging song on the radio you should sell hella records and it dont work that way the bay needs unity growth skillz and more niggaz in the streets wit this rap shit like they were doing dru down and all of them they took it to the streets let the streets decide who iz hot not the radio tell you what if you had a $100.000 dollars make it 150 if you had 150 for a budget what would you do for your first album run and get e 40 run and get short or run and get keak you might just do that aint nothing wrong with it but will it help you sell records you hit me back with your respond and i let who ever no my point and were im going with this trust me

Feb 15, 2008
you keep saying major im not talking about that
first and for most kid im no rapper
I am not a kid my friend infact I have been getting money from this bay area music scene for 12 years. I started out running a mom and pop music store to then having 4 stores. I managed a recording studio called the vault where every single bay rapper been to except short back in the late 90's.I was in the AWOL records office almost every day when they were running a label thru noo trybe virgin and learned alot from there as well. Currently I manage Laroo and the DB'Z and I work for Chaz Hayes management that manages artist Like E-40, WC, and DJ D wrek from MTV wild n out. I have been all over the world on jets and tour buses of this rap business. Thats why I never call it the rap game cuz a game dont pay you. I have been blessed but also paved my way for where I am at. There is still room for me to grow every day and thats why I try not to get complacent where I am now. I try to come on this bart board to give a lot of people game but a majority of everybody on here feels there in the industry and they know whats best for the business.

Jul 29, 2004
Your right, i havent made BIG region/national hit yet but the majority did "get" a track at least from me and lased it for there project. Just because they featured on another album and used my track, how dose that effect me in any way as a producer? weather my production is on there album or anothers, its the credits that count period in my opinion. Thanx for the input though pimp.
Well what are you waiting for...shoot me a beat and I'LL SHOOT U BACK THAT HIT!!

Jan 6, 2009
im not in the music game but i have common sence the bay neeeds that one rapper now to open that door up male or female all im saying iz somebody do something jacka nice street album it really sounds like a street album the kids that were hyphe are getting older just like me and the rest of yall did we grew up on the e40 the dru downs the luniz spice 1 mac mall and so but then as we got older here comes the jayz the bustah rhymes the nas and so on my point all you rappers on this board have spent money on a verse from the fabs the 40 s short who ever what has it really done for you nothing independent iz the way

Jan 6, 2009
im not in the music game but i have common sence the bay neeeds that one rapper now to open that door up male or female all im saying iz somebody do something jacka nice street album it really sounds like a street album the kids that were hyphe are getting older just like me and the rest of yall did we grew up on the e40 the dru downs the luniz spice 1 mac mall and so but then as we got older here comes the jayz the bustah rhymes the nas and so on my point all you rappers on this board have spent money on a verse from the fabs the 40 s short who ever what has it really done for you nothing independent iz the way