WHEN YOUR 15 MIN IZ UP ITS UP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2009
RAPPERS WHEN YOUR TIME IZ UP ITS UP.
WHATS WRONG WITH THE BAY AND WHAT IZ NEXT FOR THE BAY . THIS YEAR THE BAY NEEDS UNITY LIKE BACK IN 95 96 97 ALL THOSE RAPPERS DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER THEY PUT EACH OTHER ON THE NEEDS A NEW SOUND SOME ACTS AND LONG LASTING CAREERS IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE AT LEAST 10 ARTIST FROM THE BAY SELL JUST AS MUCH RECORDS AS THOSE PLAYS AND THOSE FRIENDS ON THEIR MYSPACE PAGES

Dec 20, 2003
RAPPERS WHEN YOUR TIME IZ UP ITS UP.
WHATS WRONG WITH THE BAY AND WHAT IZ NEXT FOR THE BAY . THIS YEAR THE BAY NEEDS UNITY LIKE BACK IN 95 96 97 ALL THOSE RAPPERS DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER THEY PUT EACH OTHER ON THE NEEDS A NEW SOUND SOME ACTS AND LONG LASTING CAREERS IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE AT LEAST 10 ARTIST FROM THE BAY SELL JUST AS MUCH RECORDS AS THOSE PLAYS AND THOSE FRIENDS ON THEIR MYSPACE PAGES
this generation of bay rappers are showing some unity doing albums or verses and shows together outside of there own camps I see it all the time its just the indusrty is different now and the sales dont match the 95,96 era the bay needs to buy these artists records to show that unity pz

Jan 6, 2009
huh wasnt talking about sells in 96 97 era was talking bout the unity they had theirs really no unity in doing verses for each other we can do that shit all day put it out the industry cant make you do quality music so cant blame them most of the atl music has no meaning to it but labels still fuck with them (why) because they have unity bra bra dont get me wrong the bay has hard working rappers but e 40 and short dont put nobody on out here and they both have over 2 million dollars . they need to help the small people who need a chance they need to get their khaled on and put the mic down for a min

Dec 20, 2003
huh wasnt talking about sells in 96 97 era was talking bout the unity they had theirs really no unity in doing verses for each other we can do that shit all day put it out the industry cant make you do quality music so cant blame them most of the atl music has no meaning to it but labels still fuck with them (why) because they have unity bra bra dont get me wrong the bay has hard working rappers but e 40 and short dont put nobody on out here and they both have over 2 million dollars . they need to help the small people who need a chance they need to get their khaled on and put the mic down for a min
IT AINT UP TO SHORT AND 40 TO PUT PEOPLE ON ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO STOP BEIN LAZY AND FIND OUT WHAT THIS INDUSTRY IS ABOUT SINK OR SWIM ITS UP TO YOU

Nov 7, 2005
) e 40 and short dont put nobody on out here and they both have over 2 million dollars .
we hear this so much but it aint they job to put anyone on. after all who put them on? they both went out the trunk bot went all up and down california and built they movement. how much respect would a hustler like 40 have for someone who's only gameplan is for him to come in and bless them? a lot of cats do work hard but they don't grind no where near as hard as them originals did

Jul 29, 2004
The industry is not here..Its that simple!! Get out of the Bay..Hit LA, Hit NY, Hit ATL, network your asses off. You dont have to be glued to the Bay to rep the Bay. Its tough for artists out here. This area is mud!! We can travel 8 ours in every direction and we'll still be in Cali promotin. From NY you can drive 8 hours in every direction and hit 4 different states and 4 different markets. NETWORK OUTSIDE THE BAY

Oct 28, 2003
The industry is not here..Its that simple!! Get out of the Bay..Hit LA, Hit NY, Hit ATL, network your asses off. You dont have to be glued to the Bay to rep the Bay. Its tough for artists out here. This area is mud!! We can travel 8 ours in every direction and we'll still be in Cali promotin. From NY you can drive 8 hours in every direction and hit 4 different states and 4 different markets. NETWORK OUTSIDE THE BAY
that is true, but the industry wasn't in Atlanta until they made it exist there. They stuck to the guns and made the industry come to them. The Bay being a top 5 market should be able to do the same.

Dec 20, 2003
that is true, but the industry wasn't in Atlanta until they made it exist there. They stuck to the guns and made the industry come to them. The Bay being a top 5 market should be able to do the same.
real talk but at the end of the day the sales and attention in there own backyard is what got the labels to go there and recruit yeah we are on the top 5 markets and I'm not defending all of the bay rap but there are some real good artists out here that are trying to make things happen hopefully the fans can support it pz

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
there's unity just on a smaller scale, we've see a lot of artists working together and networking out there in 08. no where near where we were in the 90's though. on a bigger scale E40 can hardly push units himself anymore, why you think he's been expanding his portfolio to shit other than rap. keak got his 15 minutes nation wide exposure from tell me when to go and how many units did he sell of defied or all n da doe? rappers can co sign all they want and put people on outside their own camp, but it does no good when you can't even move 30K on a major in your first week. from a business stand point in the bay area, where everything is done independently, and in this economy with sales as low as they are there's nothing to gain out of putting people on as fucked up as that sounds its the truth. people are greedy right now (im not sayin everyone but in general). thats why the only ones getting it right now are the grinders who are pushing it out on the streets and in the hoods, going back to the old school out the trunk shit. and puttin they people on startin they own shit just as an example livewire gang, ptb, 4 the strees town thizzness shit on an independent level beeda, j stalin, and g-stack are puttin the whole town on, if thats not unity i dont know what is. but to bring the bay back we need that on a bigger scale for sure, the whole bay needs to do it like that.

one thing we don't have right now that we did in the 90's is compilations. in the 90's everyone was networking putting everyone else on putting out slappers left and right. now everyone is about self and puts out mixtapes (compilations of themselves). imagine if E40 presents dropped a bay bridges compilation with major distribution a few months after my ghetto report card, hyphy movement was in full effect that could have sparked something big. but now hyphy is dead, everyone missed the ship, and has to start from square 1 again.

Dec 20, 2003
there's unity just on a smaller scale, we've see a lot of artists working together and networking out there in 08. no where near where we were in the 90's though. on a bigger scale E40 can hardly push units himself anymore, why you think he's been expanding his portfolio to shit other than rap. keak got his 15 minutes nation wide exposure from tell me when to go and how many units did he sell of defied or all n da doe? rappers can co sign all they want and put people on outside their own camp, but it does no good when you can't even move 30K on a major in your first week. from a business stand point in the bay area, where everything is done independently, and in this economy with sales as low as they are there's nothing to gain out of putting people on as fucked up as that sounds its the truth. people are greedy right now (im not sayin everyone but in general). thats why the only ones getting it right now are the grinders who are pushing it out on the streets and in the hoods, going back to the old school out the trunk shit. and puttin they people on startin they own shit just as an example livewire gang, ptb, 4 the strees town thizzness shit on an independent level beeda, j stalin, and g-stack are puttin the whole town on, if thats not unity i dont know what is. but to bring the bay back we need that on a bigger scale for sure, the whole bay needs to do it like that.

one thing we don't have right now that we did in the 90's is compilations. in the 90's everyone was networking putting everyone else on putting out slappers left and right. now everyone is about self and puts out mixtapes (compilations of themselves). imagine if E40 presents dropped a bay bridges compilation with major distribution a few months after my ghetto report card, hyphy movement was in full effect that could have sparked something big. but now hyphy is dead, everyone missed the ship, and has to start from square 1 again.
well said I was thinkin about compilations the other day when done right they can be very effective the comp game got a lil saturated and was not done right and thats when it died off but I agree with what you said real spit

Oct 7, 2008
their 15 min is NOT UP. theyll just make 'draped up and chipped out vol. 34' and keep going like a coked up robot, as long as they make anything off a new release, they will put out new tapes. at least the bay area had some good new people like j stalin put out some quality stuff. jacka still has ok stuff too. the bay just needs new people that arent mtv or bet ass kissers, most of the best music almost always comes early in an artist's career, then they ride that initial good response until the wheels fall off

Stylo

Sicc OG
May 31, 2006
bay area music scene aint what it used to be. its filled with cornball raps now... everyone needs to step theyre game up and make good music that appeals to everyone.. not just a region....

Feb 15, 2008
Let me give yall some History. 1st off there is no major unity in the south like you think except a majority of there stars are getting money and there famous so there is no need to publicly hate on eachother. Just becuz there is unity does that makes fans want to buy your records? Does unity make your album better?

People need to start giving solutions instead of what they think is the problem. Can somebody tell me what a E-40 or a TOO Short is going to do for you by putting a artist on? what can they do walk you into radio? Hell major lables cant even do that! Walk you into a major label office? Yeah they can and 40 has done that for people but the majors are not giving out money like they use to and there not signing artist to develop anymore, you have to make noise and be self sufficent for the most part. What can 40 and short do get on your record? 40 has done a song with every rapper who has a somewhat name to bigger name in the bay. How is 40 or short supposed to put somebody on when 98% of these artist are not even on themselves in the bay alone I am not talking about the bart board. If 40 sold 70k records in the bay on my ghetto report card alone lil wayne last album has sold 55k copies in the bay alone there are rap fans in the bay. But the biggest record not from 40 or short to come out the bay is 22k units and a big drop off after that sold evereywhere not just in the bay since 2006.

Somebody asked about the 90's well its simple there was not unity 1 for all all for 1 shit there was good music and records were selling. Again like the south now no need to point the finger and eachother and make excuses. The bay had every region on there dick except New York all the way to Massachusetts. People was not affraid to put money into a project cuz they knew they would get it back plus more.

40 has over 10 artist signed to Sick wid it over half aint even family. right now so who is he not putting on??

I do miss the 90s mentality where there was real hustlers and go getters where they hood and themselves put them on. None of this I need a shinning knight on a horse to come rescue me and make me into something bullshit. A majority of the real street dudes from the bay in the 90's are either dead, locked up, or low key. It was once organized game not shit is organized lame.

I dont know to many stockbrokers/investors who invest in stocks/businesses that are not working and are going down hill.

Comps were a great thing shout out to D shot and master p who made comps a thing to do. But records are not selling and why should these artist give people songs for free so they can go out and package it up and sell it? People are not going to go out and buy it there going to burn it from the computer. If there was no downloading My ghetto report card would have done about 1.2 million records. Lil wayne would probally be at 7-8 million records right now. If there was internet downloading ALL EYES ON ME would not have went on to sell 12 million records. The average bay rapper would probally be selling 20-30k units if it was not for internet dowloading of there music.

The problem is bigger then E-40 AND TOO SHORT.

Jul 29, 2004
Atlanta has had a huge music scene for a very long time. Not just Hip Hop..It only takes a handful of successful artists to get a region looked at by major labels. Does not matter what the genre is. Unfortunately, I can only name a handful of groups/solo artists be it; rock rap, r&b etc to come out the bay in 19 years and go maintstream national/global..if im missing some please chime in.

MC Hammer - done with
E-40 - current
Tony Tonie Tone - done with
Luniz - done with
Metallica - current
Short - current
Concious Daughters - done with
Green Day - current
Keysha Cole - current
Paris - done with
Digital Underground - Classic but done with

QUESTIONABLE ONE: TUPAC.....he repped just about every city he passed thru.

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
MC Hammer - done with
E-40 - current
Tony Tonie Tone - done with
Luniz - done with
Metallica - current
Short - current
Concious Daughters - done with
Green Day - current
Keysha Cole - current
Paris - done with
Digital Underground - Classic but done with

QUESTIONABLE ONE: TUPAC.....he repped just about every city he passed thru.
Keyshia's success doesn't help the Bay.. but i feel you.. 3X's had a major deal too, so did 4 Tay, 11/5 and RBL.. and GLP..