Week 5: Niners Vs Bucs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
I remember some of you were bashing Jim Harbaugh and saying he was an UNPROVEN COLLEGE coach, the difference between and the past coaches the 49ers have had is that he really knows his X's and O's and can adjust real quick when the team is losing...

I'll admit it, I have been lightweight impress with Ass Smith in the past 4 games. But I will fully credit him when he gets us to the playoffs...

We have a great squad right now, next season we'll have a better squad...

It feels fucking great knowing that we're 3-1, beating the Bucs and the Lions will be a challenge. But if we do beat those two, we're mos def playoffs bounds..
The thing I like about being 3-1 is that we still have 5 division games left. Also the fact that we already have 2 road victories this early in the season. Also we seem to be winning close games (exception cowboy game), where as last year nothing went our way and we lost multiple games in the last minutes of the game.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
49ers-Bucs injury report: Sopoaga sidelined by infection
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/-?blog/niners-talk/post/-&blockID=572888&feedID=2800

Nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga, who also made a major contribution on the 49ers' offense the past two weeks as a blocking back, did not practice Wednesday due to an infection.

Sopoaga and cornerback Shawntae Spencer (toe) were listed on the 49ers' practice participation report with conditions the team had not previously reported. Their status for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is uncertain.

Also, reserve cornerback Tramaine Brock has been ruled out of Sunday's game. Brock sustained a broken left hand Sept. 18 against the Dallas Cowboys.

Receiver Braylon Edwards and fullback Moran Norris have also been ruled out for Sunday's game. It will be the third full game out of action for both players.

Edwards, who underwent arthroscopic surgery two weeks ago to repair a torn meniscus cartilage in his right knee, is expected to be available after the bye week.

The most likely return date for Edwards is Oct. 30, when the 49ers face the Cleveland Browns.

"I won't put any limitations on when he'll be back," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday. "He's coming along really well. He's got an upbeat demeanor, got a clear look in his eye, and I think he's chomping at the bit to get back. Working very hard at his rehab."

Norris sustained a fractured left fibula against the Cowboys, and he's expected to miss four to six weeks.

Running back Frank Gore (ankle), receiver Michael Crabtree (foot), guard Mike Iupati (neck) and guard Adam Snyder (hamstring) had limited participation in Wednesday's practice. It was Snyder's first appearance on the 49ers' injury report.

49ERS
(Wednesday practice report)
Out for Sunday's game: CB Tramaine Brock (hand), WR Braylon Edwards (knee), FB Moran Norris (fibula)
Did not participate: NT Isaac Sopoaga (infection), CB Shawntae Spencer (toe)
Limited participation: RB Frank Gore (ankle), WR Michael Crabtree (foot), G Mike Iupati (neck), G Adam Snyder (hamstring)
Full participation:

BUCCANEERS
(Wednesday practice report)
Did not participate: DE Tim Crowder (knee), LB Zach Diles (hamstring), T James Lee (knee), TE Luke Stocker (knee), WR Sammie Stroughter (foot)
Full participation: S Devin Holland (back), TE Zack Pianalto (calf)

Feb 12, 2004
btw if you going to the stick this sunday don't boo the bust man. We know he's a bust, he knows he's a bust and at this point we need to just give him some props for his performance this year, see what he ends up becoming with Harbaugh behind him and cheer him on because whether you like it or not he's our quarterback.

unless he starts fucking up then boo the shit out of him. see yall at the stick.

Feb 13, 2004
There's only four Quarterbacks this year that have 1 interception and Alex is one of them. He had seven interceptions at this time last year. He's playing a lot smarter football.

Dec 2, 2006
As much shit as I give Niner fans on here, I honestly think Smith is a victim of circumstance. Him and Harbaugh seem to get along well. A Qb needs to develop chemistry with his OC and his recievers. If every year you are changing OC's along with terminology, routes, etc, it is tough, I dont care who you are. Look around the league, all the elite QB's/ggod teams have been in their system for years. It isnt rocket science but the proof is in the pudding as I like to say. Defenses just dont do it anymore because the game is set up for the offense. You need to be able to score to win. You guys will be allright. Better than I thought that is for sure.

Dec 12, 2006
You guys are duckin crazy, after the Eags game what else could you ask for out of Alex Smith? I mean I know we gotta take it week bye week but the hate is more than excessive for a QB of a 3 -1 team

Sep 15, 2009
I really hope Sapoaga is in there to kill Tampas running game. He's been a beast this season and has also helped out on the offensive side with running plays. If he's out, it will hurt us, but I'm confident Ricky Jean-Francois will be a solid back up

Jan 12, 2006
I really hope Sapoaga is in there to kill Tampas running game. He's been a beast this season and has also helped out on the offensive side with running plays. If he's out, it will hurt us, but I'm confident Ricky Jean-Francois will be a solid back up
It would be coo to see Dobbs too! Him and aldon Smith were ballin in preseason, it seemed to carry over into the regular season. Let's hope for the same results from Dobbs

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah after preseason I thought Dobbs would make the 53 man roster. Maiocco doesn't seem to think he will be getting much playing time

Nov 14, 2004
D. Dobbs is a MAN!!! i hope they plug em into the line up i wanna see how he does against the first team. aldon is gonna be a beast as well, sopoaga i think is definately gonna be out, i hope ricky steps it up.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
bucs were overrated last year, I think all of their wins came against teams under .500. niners should win, but they could always do something to fuck themselves over.

Mar 12, 2010
This is going to be a hard fought game where either team could come out victorious but if the stick gets a rockin the buccaneers better watch out

Jan 12, 2006
49ERS (Thursday's practice report) Out for Sunday's game: CB Tramaine Brock (hand), WR Braylon Edwards (knee), FB Moran Norris (fibula) Did not participate: NT Isaac Sopoaga (infection), CB Shawntae Spencer (toe) Limited participation: RB Frank Gore (ankle), WR Michael Crabtree (foot), G Mike Iupati (neck), G Adam Snyder (hamstring) Full participation:

BUCCANEERS (Thursday practice report) Did not participate: LB Quincy Black (ankle), LB Zach Diles (hamstring), S Devin Holland (back), T James Lee (knee), TE Luke Stocker (knee), WR Sammie Stroughter (foot), CB Aqib Talib (knee), TE Kellen Winslow (not injury related) Limited participation: RB Earnest Graham (hamstring) Full participation: DE Tim Crowder (knee), TE Zack Pianalto (calf)