Week 5: Niners Vs Bucs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Tampa is looking pretty terrible against the colts. wow. both their lines are hella undiciplined

Apr 2, 2010
that blount TD tho, however was impressive
I like Blount alot, he doesn't come up with big plays (often) but the entire game hes been running solid carrying their defensive line which is one of the better ones in the league.

Buccaneers are looking great right now but they need to work harder to avoid those penalties that have been killing them in this game.

Nov 14, 2004
no way we have another incident like last yr, I like blount simpletary fucked up by not using him, either way, we should be able to stop their run game, we gotta get this W and build momentum

Jun 21, 2005
Our front seven is more than capable to keep blount in check. I think the niners O will still take a another step forward. We saw how potent gore, hunter combo can be. should be a good close game till the end. Niners by 10 !!!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
...And the bucs have won 3 in a row. Both teams are 3-1. Just bought some tickets on ebay, stoked cuz i havent been to a game in a while. Josh Johnson goes up against his former coach, this should be a sick game.

Jul 25, 2007
I hope we take this game with Blount having a monster game because he's one of my starting RBs in my league and Im behind in projected points.

I said the same thing to my boy last week. Hoping Vick has a monster game with the Niners still takin it. Hope it happens again.

lol

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

I dont think niners will lose by "rape" to anyone this year, the defense is the strong point of the team, and they make 2nd half adjustments, last year our team was worse, and we still came real close to beating TB. add in a better Corner, better safety, an upgrade alongside willis (bowman) and an upgrade @ NT (the rush defense looks totally better than last year so far). the offense remains pretty much the same, and the biggest difference is coaching, Harbaugh has shown more than any other coach here since marucchi in my opinion. Should be a close game, but i think this year, we come out with the W
which game are you talking about chree? I was at that niner bucs game last year and yes, we got beat by rape...i don't even think we crossed their 30 yard line the whole game...all good tho, that was last year...its payback time now...San Francisco Harbaughs about to go relentless on some bucs helmets...

Feb 13, 2004
49ERS win by two Touchdowns And when we played the bucs last season we had Troy Smith at QB and they were 7-3 and the 49ERS were 3-7. This year is a whole new year with Smith at QB and two good Running backs.

Dec 9, 2005
Our offense definitely needs to ride the momentum of the 2nd half of the Philly game. So far our defense has played fairly well, and our run defense has been dominant, the best in the league so far.

Fun facts for the Niner Faithful:

Notable Numbers

- QB Alex Smith posted a QB rating of 154.3 in the second half at Philadelphia. This marks the highest second half QB rating by an NFL QB in 2011. Since 1991, it is the second highest rating behind only Steve Young (157.9 @ LA Rams, 11/28/93)
- Andy Lee has registered a net punt average of 46.1 this season, good for first in the NFL
- 49ers have registered 31 passes defended, good for 1st in the NFL
- 49ers defense has allowed a TD in only 28.6 percent of opponents red zone possessions, ranked first in the NFL
- 49ers +8 turnover ratio is tied with Detroit for first in the NFL
- 49ers have a home winning percentage of .846 versus TB, their highest winning percentage against any team in the NFL
- 49ers are one of two teams not to allow a rushing TD this season (Chicago)
- 49ers have only committed 3 turnovers on the year, tied for first in the NFL
- 49ers defense has allowed only 32.7 percent on 3rd down conversions, tied for fourth in the NFL
- 49ers defense ranks first in the NFL, allowing just 28.6 percent on 3rd and less than 4
The 49ers average starting field position on kickoffs is the 27.0, ranking second in the NFL
- Alex Smith has a QB rating of 113.3 inside the opponents' 30-yard line, ranked fifth in the league
- Alex Smith has registered a QB rating of 124.8 against the blitz this season, ranked third in the NFL

Now I understand Alex will never be Joe Montana, maybe even never Jeff Garcia, but he has played well this season, and most importantly he hasn't been making the costly turnovers that he has in years past.

Tough test against Tampa this weekend, but its definitely a winnable game.

GO NINERS!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Wow, I've hated on Alex Smith but I had to prop Morebass' post. Good shhh for Alex and the 49ers, they're one play from being 4-0.

I'm impressed, they're doing it big in Frisco, give credit where credit is due.

Dec 4, 2006
I remember some of you were bashing Jim Harbaugh and saying he was an UNPROVEN COLLEGE coach, the difference between and the past coaches the 49ers have had is that he really knows his X's and O's and can adjust real quick when the team is losing...

I'll admit it, I have been lightweight impress with Ass Smith in the past 4 games. But I will fully credit him when he gets us to the playoffs...

We have a great squad right now, next season we'll have a better squad...

It feels fucking great knowing that we're 3-1, beating the Bucs and the Lions will be a challenge. But if we do beat those two, we're mos def playoffs bounds..