we need bigger record companies here in the bay instead of hundreds of little ones

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2005
we need bigger record companies here in the bay instead of hundreds of little ones

everyone needs to start connecting game and working together under bigger record companies like people in the south and new york do it. this is why we can't make it big because there is too many egos fighting for the limelight.

people also need to start venturing outside the box with more of a mass appeal speaking on real shit, not jumping on the same hyphy bandwagon using the same played out words making us look bad.

producers and artists need to be more original inorder to become successful. all this new bullshit i hear is all watered down and the same, no wonder why "hyphy" is fading away

we need to forget about the "hyphy" term and get back on the original mindstate of music. let's not forget andre hicks basically spawned the hyphy movement and he is the character that put the swagger on the map. people are trying to steal his shine all the time. respect what he did and keep the game flowing. i know if he was still here shit would be different, but it's on us too make the change and stand up for the soldiers we lost without fucking up the road they paved

to me the bay area has a lot of good talent, and a lot of whack talent. people need to step shit up once again so we can keep this shit moving. we can't keep letting these fake ass manuscripts slow things down and give us a bad name

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
that wouldnt work...

but like the article said we need more moguls

besides E-40 we really have none in the bay, even E-40 invest more in himself then breaking artist. Sick Wit It is a family affair...

Nov 19, 2005
real talk people unite under one label, make your own major, more investmentshaving quinn,fab,keak,bailey,kaz kyzuh and whoever wlse is dropping hot shit on one label

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
wont work, cause 90% of bay rappers are so wack, they need to invent there own record company, and sign themselve's.

Dec 6, 2005
Mr Arson said:
wont work, cause 90% of bay rappers are so wack, they need to invent there own record company, and sign themselve's.
lol this made me laugh.

but on the real tip there is talented rappers and there is fake biters and silly myspace rappers

all this oversaturation needs to be controlled

Dec 6, 2005
well then what will happen? i mean this is why there is so many newbie rappers spawning up that are trying to get in the limelight

there isn't a big label where people can get signed to other than labels like BWS and THIZZ out here, we need new supportive and credible labels that will support real talent without putting out nonsense to try and make a quick dollar

Jun 6, 2006
i wouldnt sign to it,alot of people is faulty when it comes to business out here....it would be dope if a few companies merged together to make some sort of umbrella effect,but i think ima stay independent 100% of the way

but thats just me...but at the same time this thught has come across my mind numerous times,,i dont think it would honestly work...to many people wanna be the cheif.not enough indians,hunters or gatherers

Mar 28, 2006
big labels probly arent happening out here for a reason, faulty people, egos, own agendas, and its not just the bay that has this problem...but I always thought the same thing, If there was a powerhouse label that stuck together, put out quality shit, and handled there business right They would beable to put the bay on the map faster than anyone, and they will have their creative control and not have to conform to another labels needs, thus reppin the bay right. Is it possible yeah, will it ever happen Donno

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
This is the same problem we had before the hyphy movement. There were a million artists and labels. That was the "compilation" movement. That is something that has killed the rap scene in the bay, copying. From my view nobody is really trying to one-up somebody else with the quality of their music. During the time that we think of as the "golden era" all the music was different because each region had to make music better than another. How could RBL come with a weak album after GLP or the Luniz drop some raw ass music. Now days people use the same producers for the same sound and its watered down.

As far as the label situation, I don't think you need one label, you need an organized effort of those who make good music to really lend support to others who make good music. Not just a feature on one song. They gotta share their resources. If you looking for 1 big label in the bay, Universal got an office right on Folsom in the city, they know about everybody, they just not fuckin with us like that.

Sorry for the rambling, got to get to work. But fuck a label. Master the internet and itunes.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
their is alot of reasons why!!!

People Arent Educated to run a 6 figuer multi million dollar buisness!!!

It Takes Alot Alot Alot Of Money And Also Legal Shit To Get a Major Buisness

Their Is Only A Handfull Of Major Labels Period!!!But Are About A Dozen Or So Of Established Independent Labels That Are Very Good!!!

All The BAy/Cali Needs Is A Good Distribution Source That Knows The Business

But Before Nething Happens We Need Quality Music In The STreets Not What Been Droppin As Of LAte

Dec 6, 2005
what's funny is a lot of the newer generation of rappers are just trying to hop on the same bandwagon and putting out music that's all the same. "hyphy" kind of fucked that up, that was the karma reflex from trying to come up like that.

basically it was for e40s record sales. he barely even sold gold. so how does everyone else think they'll sell more than 40?