The official 2014 Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Even if by some miracle we somehow win this game, this is still looking like another 4-12 team. The Jets ain't even great, they're a mid-tier team at best. If we were playing a top 10 team today it would have been a slaughter.

Jan 18, 2006
Jets have a good defense. This is one of the best defenses the Raiders will play this year. That being said the Raiders have a difficult schedule. Isn't really much of a chance to make the playoffs regardless of how they did at the beginning of this season

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
this should be Carr's training year, giving him NFL experience against the best teams in the league.....then Dennis Allen should get fired and maybe we get a real NFL coaching staff
Hopefully Carr doesn't let it get to him and hopefully it turns in to something like Peyton Manning's 3-13 rookie year that was just more or less giving him a chance to be on the field.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
I was just comparing the last couple of years. You're right though, our schedule is brutal. We might beat the Browns and Bills this year if this is how the team is gonna look.

I'll wait until next week, if they look like this next week the season is done.
I feel it.

anything could happen against the chargers too. I have no idea what kind of team they have this year, but theres always a chance we could steal one from them.

Props: Defy and Defy
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
The first half looked very promising, the best first half in recent memory. But that first drive of the 3rd was one of the worst. Aside from Jones' catch the whole 2nd half was pretty horrible. For the rest of the game both lines looks bad, the play calling was bad, the receivers weren't good.

I think Allen and Olson's jobs are on the line this season, and I think that might be by design. I think the brass feels Allen isn't the coach to get it done and will ride a difficult schedule/losing season into their decision.

It's a mixed bag game, Carr played ok, cut way down on penalties and turnovers, and if it weren't for that 71 yard TD run, technically we would have won. But it would take more than just a W to wash away the taste of 25 yards rushing on the day, -3 yard 3rd quarter, and some of the worst offensive play calling I've seen in awhile.

If the rest of the season looks like this I have trouble seeing 3 wins this season, if all the problems somehow get resolved 5 maybe 6.

Dec 4, 2006
Like I said.. They have the players, stick with Carr as QB.. MJD needs a better OLine to open up holes.. Get rid of the coaches.. In 2 years they'll be in the playoffs.. Maybe