THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 NBA THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Fuck off, dickface. Why you always in this forum acting like a ho? All you do is talk shit, never anything positive to say or even root for your own fuckin team, just sit and whine about everyone elses. Weere butthurt? No, YOU are butthurt becuase we beat the 9ers. Thats all you have whinned about for the last 5 months. Get over it. Come back next year.

Sonics for life. Point blank.

Proceed.
Lol funny thing is, if u dig up super bowl xl related threads, there's a whole lot of the same 12 fans whining about that for months after lol.

Sonics for life? U mean Oklahoma city thunder for life lol

Feb 14, 2004
Lol funny thing is, if u dig up super bowl xl related threads, there's a whole lot of the same 12 fans whining about that for months after lol.

Sonics for life? U mean Oklahoma city thunder for life lol
You'd have a valid point there if the lead ref of that game didn't make it a point to bring that issue up all on his own in Seattle about kicking crucial calls.

Brining up the Sonics is all you really have against us Northwest fans now that you can't talk shit about the Seahawks or even the Mariners(as it stands right now anyways) for that matter. Keeping the Sonics in your mouth is all you got, face it. Keep it up, troll. Like I've stated before, your misery is quite entertaining.

Feb 14, 2004
Like I said before, holla at your boy, chreebo about that shit. I posted relevant shit in here until he started showing how much his pussu is still bleeding. I even tried squashing this shit in this same exact thread, too. If he wants to keep trolling, hey I'm the one to entertain that shit. It's fun. You crybabies don't faze me.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Los Angeles Clippers talk deal with Brooklyn Nets for Paul Pierce - ESPN

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in conversations with the Brooklyn Nets to try and construct a sign-and-trade that would reunite small forward Paul Pierce with Doc Rivers, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Rivers, the Clippers' president and head coach, has had several conversations with Pierce since he became a free agent on July 1.

The 2014 free agency period is here. Which players are staying? Which players are changing teams?

• Pelton: Top 30 free agents Insider
• Free agent Big Board 4.0 Insider
• 5-on-5: Where should stars go? »
• Lowe: Eight questions for silly season »
• NBA cap space meter »
• ESPN Player movement predictor »
• NBA Rumor Central Insider

And while the Clippers could simply sign him as a free agent using their mid-level exception at $5.3 million, the Clippers are interested in sign-and-trade scenarios that would allow Brooklyn to get something in return for the 10-time All-Star and because the Clippers already have so many small forwards.

Because Brooklyn holds his Bird rights, a sign-and-trade would also allow Pierce -- who made $15.3 million last season -- to sign for more than the mid-level.

The Clippers would likely include some combination of Jared Dudley, Matt Barnes and last year's first-round pick Reggie Bullock, according to sources. But it's possible any trade could expand to more teams as discussions progress.

While the Clippers have interest in Pierce, sources said the Clippers continued to try to get involved with superstars Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James and are reluctant to make major moves while there is still a chance at landing the two free agents.

Pierce drew interest as soon as free agency began from the Blazers, Grizzlies, Bulls, Mavericks, Rockets and Clippers, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein.

After losing Shaun Livingston -- who agreed to an estimated $16 million, three-year deal with the Warriors in free agency as reported by Stein -- the Nets are looking into adding another point guard. A league source said the Nets have had discussions again about revisiting a deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving Jarrett Jack for Marcus Thornton. The two teams had talks about a potential deal last month, sources told Stein.

Pierce and Kevin Garnett signed off on a trade to Brooklyn last summer in exchange for three first-round picks that went to Boston. Then-Nets coach Jason Kidd played a role in convincing Garnett to waive his no-trade clause.

Both former Celtics were vocal Kidd supporters last season, and it remains to be seen how Kidd's departure to Milwaukee this week has impacted Pierce's thinking about re-signing with the Nets. All indications before Kidd's exit had been that Garnett is planning to return for the final year of his contract worth $12 million.

The Clippers have been somewhat quiet since the start of free agency, meeting with free agents like Spencer Hawes and Trevor Ariza while making a strong push to retain point guard Darren Collison. That's both a function of their limited flexibility and their persistence in trying to get involved with Anthony and James, sources said.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
I wonder if the Celtics will trade Rajon Rondo to the Kings now as was rumored since they just drafted Marcus Smart.
Kings just signed Darren Collison from the Clippers...I don't think the Kings will get Rajon Rondo anymore, and I would think Isaiah Thomas is gone. Maybe the Magic will sign him to replace Jameer Nelson, Rasan @Rasan , what do you think?

Props: :ab: and :ab:

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Kings just signed Darren Collison from the Clippers...I don't think the Kings will get Rajon Rondo anymore, and I would think Isaiah Thomas is gone. Maybe the Magic will sign him to replace Jameer Nelson, Rasan @Rasan , what do you think?
his attitude stinks, but dude is a baller. i'd gladly take him, but jacques vaughn gonna have to lay the law down

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
This offseason has been pretty interesting so far! If LeBron leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosh go to Miami. I think Bosh isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be, but they'd have a pretty nasty starting lineup if he went there.

I'm really curious to see how all this shakes down. They're saying there's an outside chance Lebron and Melo go to Phoenix which would flip the league upside down. They were already pretty good last year without those two but I still think it would take them a year to get used to playing as a team, but there would be no team in the east that could mess with that Phoenix team IMO

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chris Bosh seriously considering Houston Rockets' max four-year contract offer - ESPN

Bosh, since opting out of the final two years of his deal -- worth $42 million -- with the Miami Heat, had planned to see what James decided before making his choice.

But a conversation with James about his future in Miami this past weekend created enough doubt for Bosh to begin considering his other options, including Houston's offer, a source said. The source said Bosh did not know whether James was staying in Miami.

Ready For Liftoff?

Chris Bosh had a 48.4 field-goal percentage on mid-range shots last season -- second among NBA power forwards and centers. The Rockets, meanwhile, had the lowest percentage among NBA teams in that category last season:
Team MR Pct. FG Att.
Rockets 34.5 251-728*
Pistons 34.9 548-1,570
Timberwolves 34.9 649-1,858
* Only team without 1,000 mid-range attempts

Another factor in Bosh's decision to look at Houston has been the tenor of his negotiations with Miami. Bosh is willing to take an annual pay cut by accepting a five-year deal worth $80-90 million from Miami. But sources say the Heat have been trying to get Bosh to accept a lesser deal, obviously so they can have more money to spend in free agency.

The Heat's "low-balling" -- plus his conversation with James -- has led Bosh to take a serious look at Houston's offer, which could approach $90 million as it can change slightly.

The Rockets made the same max offer to Carmelo Anthony, but they have come to believe he will not accept it.

Houston will have to trade Jeremy Lin to create the cap space to offer the max to Bosh, but the Rockets are confident they will be able to do that in short order.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Brooklyn Nets introduce Lionel Hollins - ESPN New York

NEW YORK -- His predecessor might have wanted added responsibility, but Lionel Hollins made it abundantly clear during his introductory news conference Monday that he wants to be only the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

Nothing more.

After Jason Kidd's failed power play and abrupt departure to Milwaukee, it sounds like Hollins is going to bring some much-needed stability to a franchise that has looked quite dysfunctional lately.

More from ESPN.com

A few years ago, Deron Williams was considered the best point guard in the NBA. Not anymore. But maybe, just maybe, Lionel Hollins can coach him up and fix that, writes Mike Mazzeo. Story

"That's all I want to do. I'm a basketball coach. I don't want to do [general manager] Billy King's job. I don't want to do anybody else's job in the organization but the one I'm hired to do," Hollins said at Barclays Center, later clarifying that he was not taking a shot at Kidd or anything.

"That's very important to me. I'm very low-maintenance. I'm actually embarrassed, I drove up to the [arena] and saw the [oculus] with my picture on it. I'm like, 'Come on.' I just want to coach."

The Nets immediately identified Hollins as their top target in their coaching search just days after Brooklyn ownership rejected Kidd's request to add final say in player personnel decisions to his coaching duties. They officially hired Hollins on Wednesday.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets and Hollins agreed to a contract that could be worth as much as four years and $20 million if the team picks up his fourth-year option. Hollins called the opportunity to coach in Brooklyn "a miracle."

"Well, it's been a whirlwind," Hollins said. "It's been very hectic, and the first day was literally overwhelming for me. The text messages and phone messages that I had that I couldn't return. I woke up about 6:30 in the morning and I had 13 text messages. And then I had 35, then 60, and then 85, and then I was all the way up to 150 text messages. And I'm trying to get back to people. I'd text one person and they want to text and have a conversation, and then the phone calls started.

"I don't know how many of you had gotten my cell number, but you can best bet it will be changed," he joked.

Hollins is unsure what style he wants his team to play but does want to make sure that his players develop cohesiveness and mental toughness.

[+] EnlargeLionel Hollins
AP Photo/Seth Wenig"Low-maintenance" Lionel Hollins is interested only in coaching.

"I know that I want to play at a little quicker pace than they even played at, that we played at in Memphis," he said. "But I don't want to run up and down the court and jack up shots. I want to be aggressive."

Hollins, 60, guided the Memphis Grizzlies to the playoffs in each of his last three seasons at the helm. In 2012-13, the Grizzlies won 56 games and advanced to the Western Conference finals. But Hollins' contract was not renewed after the season apparently because of philosophical differences between himself and ownership.

"Well, it was difficult because it wasn't about coaching at all and it wasn't about analytics. It wasn't about any of that stuff," Hollins said. "The guy in charge wanted to bring somebody else in, and it's easier to sell to a group of fans that are upset because you're firing a coach who's done what we did than it is to just fire him. So they had to do what they had to do there to try and take the sting off, and people that know me know that not a word of what they tried to say about me was true.

"I can be tough, but I can also be sweet. That's everybody. It's not like I'm anything different than anyone else, but the person in charge, he wound up getting fired this year, and it speaks for itself."

Hollins said he was humbled by being away from the game last season as he worked as an analyst for NBA TV and SiriusXM radio.

A Look At Lionel Hollins

• 214-201 career record in seven seasons, all with Grizzlies
• Grizzlies reached playoffs in each of his final three seasons, including Western Conference finals berth in 2013
• Sixth overall pick in 1975 NBA draft by Trail Blazers
• 11.6 PPG, 4.5 APG, 2.4 RPG in 10 seasons (five with Trail Blazers)
• Starting guard on Trail Blazers' 1977 NBA championship team (franchise's only NBA title)

"I know it's a challenge, but in order to have success you've got to go through challenges and overcome them, and I'm really looking forward to this opportunity," Hollins said.

Hollins is considered an old-school, no-nonsense, defensive-minded coach who gets the most out of his players. In 2012-13, the Grizzlies finished in the top three in the NBA in defensive efficiency, opponents' field goal percentage and rebound percentage.

Hollins proved to be integral in the developments of Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Mike Conley Jr. The Nets hope he can have a similar impact with Deron Williams and Brook Lopez. Williams and Lopez are rehabbing from surgery and looking to regain All-Star form.

The Nets flew Hollins into New York a week ago, and he casually dined with King and assistant GMs Bobby Marks and Frank Zanin. Hollins met with King again the next day to talk X's and O's. King spoke with ownership shortly thereafter, and Hollins and owner Mikhail Prokhorov chatted over the phone. King and Prokhorov agreed that Hollins was indeed the right man for the job.

"The one thing that always stood out about Lionel is his teams, they win," King said. "When Rudy Gay got hurt, they won. When Zach got hurt, they won. It reminds me a little bit of [Chicago Bulls coach] Tom Thibodeau in that no matter who is playing, they played a certain way. When we played Memphis, we knew it was going to be a dogfight, his guys were going to play hard. To me, that's a real testament to the coach because he has everybody well prepared and ready to play."

The Nets hope that the hiring and introduction of Hollins allows them to move on from what has quickly become a tumultuous offseason.

In three separate stints with the Grizzlies, Hollins compiled a 214-201 record.

The Nets considered Hollins for their vacancy last offseason before deciding to hire Kidd.

Hollins said he has reached out to candidates about joining his coaching staff. Hollins was also under consideration by the Los Angeles Lakers for their head-coaching vacancy.

"I'm all about who wants me. If they wanted me, then they would've hired me. They didn't. Billy chose to make that decision. I'm here and I'm excited and I'm moving forward," Hollins said.

After all, as Hollins put it, "Two Saturdays ago, this job wasn't even open."

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Restricted free agent Chandler Parsons and Dallas Mavericks agree to deal, sources say - ESPN Dallas

The Dallas Mavericks and restricted free agent Chandler Parsons have agreed on a three-year deal worth in excess of $45 million, according to sources close to the process.

More from ESPN.com

The Mavs hope the Rockets are bluffing and have gone all in on restricted free-agent small forward Chandler Parsons, who agreed to an offer sheet for three years in excess of $45 million, Tim MacMahon writes. Story

Sources told ESPN.com that Parsons will sign the offer sheet Thursday, after which the Houston Rockets will have three days to match the offer or lose Parsons.

It remains to be seen whether Houston will match the offer to Parsons while the Rockets are trying to convince Chris Bosh to leave Miami and sign with them.

Sources say Parsons' deal is likely to possess a player option after the second season -- which could make Parsons a free agent in the summer of 2016 alongside star Rockets center Dwight Howard -- and a hefty trade kicker.

The Mavericks have targeted Parsons to join Dirk Nowitzki and Tyson Chandler in a completely revamped frontcourt.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
This offseason has been pretty interesting so far! If LeBron leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosh go to Miami. I think Bosh isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be, but they'd have a pretty nasty starting lineup if he went there.

I'm really curious to see how all this shakes down. They're saying there's an outside chance Lebron and Melo go to Phoenix which would flip the league upside down. They were already pretty good last year without those two but I still think it would take them a year to get used to playing as a team, but there would be no team in the east that could mess with that Phoenix team IMO
Bosh been in Miami for 4 years dude

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
if he wins a championship there not only will he redeem himself amongst the haters, me included, he will be the king of sports lol
the signs were there, he knew he was going back when they got obliterated by the spurs. wifey insatgrammed saying she was happy to go back home, moving trucks in front of lebron's house. i think pat rileys speech didnt do any favors either. miami is sunk. bosh wil go to houston now, and wade will stay in miami imo.