Tech N9ne - OG?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Lets take this back to ICP shangri-la if you werent around that time, Juggalos had a fallout cause most their fans were athiest, but the entire time J and Shaggz knew what they were doing and those who acutally have a heart and a conscience can say, hey look at my life what the fuck am I doing... its a turning point.... You have to decide, but really if you keep living in the past, nothing but negative thoughts will come to mind cause thats what humans holdon to most.

I wokeup this morning had a dream I was camping with my family ect... well I wakeup reality hits me I ball like a baby, GAF. i honestly had no clue my mother was gone untill my eyes completely wokeup... if you do not know I acutally did lose my mother before KOD came out which really really did help me in many ways even if its still lingering inside me I know what I have to do....

So basicly I literally have been there side by side with tech this hole time him not even knowing it... Although our storys are different we still have almost the same mental stress/situations to deal with/fears to face.

My point being, when I wokeup I should have focused on what I had in my past positively. instead of what i'm missing... all it did was break me down, and crying really is good sometimes, but as of later dates I hope this doesn't happen the day before mothersday again, its hard. But we're only human remember that.

--And I am NOT smoking dust, infact i'm pretty fucking sober as of right now. get off the highhorse people.

well if anything can come from this post....i think it would be a restraining order

Oct 6, 2008
Other than it being a blatant plug of a local restaurant, there were some elements I did like.

The talkbox for one.. I'm a Roger Troutman/Zapp fan and I've always been fond on this contraption and it's signature sound.

Tech's flow.. which (even on the shittiest of tracks or guest appearances he's featured on) is undeniable.

And the fact he's working again with Icy Roc.

Now I was under the impression that Icy Roc did the beat when in the track he says Seven made it.. That shit is very stripped down for a Seven beat. Almost like a skeleton or simply a throw away track. It was odd to hear Tech rap over something that didn't sound finished, kinda hollow. And the "la la la's" in the hook seem like filler and unecessary.

All in all it's decent.. I mean could you make a HARDER song about a BBQ spot? Probably not...

Nov 7, 2006
It's kind of the same thing with The PASEO

Even though I don't personally know the places Tech talks about in the song, the song isn't ruined for me. It'd add more meaning to it for me personally if it was a place I grew up in, but it doesn't take anything away from how good the song is and I still like it.

I've personally never been to Ollie Gates but I think it's a decent song. Like I said before there's some g-funk vibe to it and it's like a throwback Tech track. The only reason I'd have a problem is if the album doesn't make any songs with substance. For what it is, OG is nice.

Nov 14, 2002
Yo... DustinBowls.

If you didn't know that the dark carnival represented purgatory as early as the riddle box, then you're an idiot. So all those people that were surprised by Shangri-La are just that. I'm not saying juggalos should be given too much credit, but come on dude.

I don't really think ICP knew what the fuck they were going to do for the 6th anyhow. They knew they had to do something big, and the biggest thing they could think of was to pull the 180. It created buzz (for a minute) and then they took all that shit back when they dropped Hells Pit.

I don't know how you can compare ICP's decade of concept albums with Tech's shit. He has "levels" or "sections", but that's kind of just a way to make a collection of songs that have little to do with each other into a "concept album".

Even KOD wasn't a concept album despite having a theme.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
not mad at the fact that its about BBQ which i have never have had and probably never will....but damn the fa la la la la la shit drives me insane when i hear it...other than that its an ok track nothing special for me...like i said though the fa la's just ruin so it gets no play no longer

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I don't mind the fa la la la la as much as I can't stand the kazoo sound behind it, regardless if it's talkbox.

That's the only annoying thing about the song to me.

Otherwise, I'm as excited about the track as I was the first time i sat by myself and listened to Absolute Power in '03.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I don't mind the fa la la la la as much as I can't stand the kazoo sound behind it, regardless if it's talkbox.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "kazoo" is actually a kazoo, and was played by Joe Vertigo. Could be wrong though...

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm guessing you've watched some uStream video to gain knowledge about the kazoo situation.

I don't have a fucking clue who played it, though knowing big ass Joe Vertigo is the one that did it adds a little novelty to that annoying sound, but it still doesn't help me like it any more.

Sep 24, 2002
i wanna hear a Swope Park on the cd or else i might not be satisfied.
Swope Park all day on Saturdays then gates for red soda and a mixed plated then out for the night >

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I'm guessing you've watched some uStream video to gain knowledge about the kazoo situation.
Nah, not uStream. When Tech was on 103 and was introducing the song he commented: "Seven did the track, IcyRoc did the Talk Box, and Joe Vertigo played the..." so my assumption is based off of that.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
Yo... DustinBowls.

If you didn't know that the dark carnival represented purgatory as early as the riddle box, then you're an idiot. So all those people that were surprised by Shangri-La are just that. I'm not saying juggalos should be given too much credit, but come on dude.

I don't really think ICP knew what the fuck they were going to do for the 6th anyhow. They knew they had to do something big, and the biggest thing they could think of was to pull the 180. It created buzz (for a minute) and then they took all that shit back when they dropped Hells Pit.(The bizzar bizaar albums woulda intentionally have been the 6th jokers card(s) but signing to island they wanted to push it back and do sideprojects with their friends make more ends... while still having this fanbase waiting for more records and merch to comeout all those people that fellout and island are the industry... their the ones who soldout and went on ebay selling all their merch cause, they felt sideswiped at the end.. I however didn't buy much besides albums... cause thats what im in it for the music.... like metal,90's rock, 70's rock even.. 80's metal even... So don't label me in your stereotypes cause i'm not an industry whore..But basicly pushing all that back... signing to that other one got them the money and support they needed for another chapter... its all about money really...)

I don't know how you can compare ICP's decade of concept albums with Tech's shit. He has "levels" or "sections", but that's kind of just a way to make a collection of songs that have little to do with each other into a "concept album".

Even KOD wasn't a concept album despite having a theme.

OOH GEEZZZ he had tons of time to pile that concockSHAWNup.

--Just to be clear, I only used examples. Nothing is the same, if it was this world would be a very dule place. If I chose to stand by fuckups because i'm a fuckup thats my deal, and my life not yours. Understanding is more then just yourself. and your opinions, others use expressions all the time, just cause i refer to other historical topics than you makes me this evil person, this "JUGGALOOOO" omg, comeon. How can you judge me, when you know letters and other peoples opinions through... letters.....