SOPRANOS VS THE WIRE??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SOPRANOS OR THE WIRE

• SOPRANOS

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • THE WIRE

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Sep 17, 2007
The Wire was dope, i think i watched all the seasons in like 2 months.

Sopranos was koo but it was boring to me. i just wasn't feeling his whole therapy bullshit.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The Wire is more realistc plus it had better characters and the fact that no one is the main dude.
Well while it's all a matter of opinion, and you have every right to have your own on the matter, I'll show why I disagree. While the presentation of TW was more gritty looking, there wasn't a more accurate portrayal of family interactions outside of sopranos for my monies. They tried the family interaction on TW with McNulty & Beady, even Kima with her ex, those were incredibly flat and felt forced. Bordering soap opera writing during those moments.

The wire fucked up with having some boring ass side stories at times, realistic, but dull as fuck. Sopranos had a new main character or two every season, but they were cool characters some of them, like Richie Aprille & Tony Blundetto. I could have done without the Vito sidestory, it was really dragged out too long. Even with that tho, they didn't have all those sleep inducing plot lines, like the dude running for Mayor or the black chief The Wire had. Those were real momentum killers with that show. So yeah, Sopranos is more solid all around imo.
I'm curious to know what characters in TW you thought were good, let alone better? If you say Omar or Michael, I'll ask you to look at your previous point of realism & at my next post.

The Wire's character development felt shallow compared to The Sopranos. The directing was also way too formulaic on TW. Also, in real life Omar would have been dead by the third episode at most, I know it's just a show but they took some liberties with the realism a couple of times.

Edit; Another thing that I loved about Sopranos was, it was such a psychological show, it didn't just get into the mind of a criminal(which it did wonderfully) it got into the minds of what felt like real people.
The character of Omar's successor Michael was straight out of a comic book, a well meaning kid with a heart of gold who's a ruthless killer & excellent drug dealer? No, don't think so. While sopranos was much more cinematic, TW had much more fictitious characters who broke realism, for me at least.

Edit; Actually, I'm hard pressed to think of ANY memorable character development on TW, outside of the ludicrous Michael storyline, everyone essentially stayed the same throughout the 5 seasons.

MAVA

Sicc OG
Jul 18, 2005
www.gifsoup.com
The Sopranos felt like a soap opera to me. The Wire is summary on society, while Sopranos is more for those action buffs but it is a good show but had it been a story of a black criminal family would it be getting praise?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^lolwut

Yeah I was just curious about why you felt that way. Although most dramas that have storylines that take several seasons to tell will feel like a soap opera because soaps are essentially long never ending stories(until they're cancelled anyway). Even tho the subject matter was much different TW still felt more soapish by low quality writing or acting at times. Again, it's just opinions.