SOPRANOS VS THE WIRE??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SOPRANOS OR THE WIRE

• SOPRANOS

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • THE WIRE

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Feb 11, 2006
I KNOW PEOPLE GONNA SAY THIS AND THAT BUT I JUST WANNA KNOW PEOPLES OPINION ON THIS SHIT....SOPRANO'S IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAV SHOWS AND THE WIRE JUST HAD ME LOCKED...BUT ON A OVERALL ENTERTAINMENT THANG ME MYSELF I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO THE SOPRANO'S FOR CONSISTENT SHIT.... SEASON 2 OF THE WIRE WAS KINDA FLAKY WID ALL THAT DOCKS AND ALL DAT WPS(NO PANTHER PARTY)....

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The wire fucked up with having some boring ass side stories at times, realistic, but dull as fuck. Sopranos had a new main character or two every season, but they were cool characters some of them, like Richie Aprille & Tony Blundetto. I could have done without the Vito sidestory, it was really dragged out too long. Even with that tho, they didn't have all those sleep inducing plot lines, like the dude running for Mayor or the black chief The Wire had. Those were real momentum killers with that show. So yeah, Sopranos is more solid all around imo.

Feb 11, 2006
but yo on some real shit he was hated by many but marlo was a str8 savage by givin this bitch one slug to each areola,breh.......

Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
THE WIRE - sopranos was dope but imo it had its up and downs, while wire never disappointed me. season 2 was tight imo.

the last season of sopranos was the shittiest one of them all, the vito story killed it for me, plus the weak ending. it look like it would be heated with new york tryin to gun down jersey but didnt pay off. the wire final was much more complete.

Mar 24, 2006
Season 2 of The Wire gets a bad rap way to often. I thought it was good, getting to see how the drugs n' what not got into Baltimore in the first place. Plus, how vulnerable our docks can be put it into perspective aswell.

Apr 25, 2002
Wire wouldn't have happened without Sopranos.

Sopranos had more lows and they were lower lows. But it's highs were better than the highs on the wire.

As great as I think the wire was I still have to go with the Sopranos.

Feb 8, 2006
DAMN toughest poll on the sicc in awhile! Slight edge goes to the wire. I still find myself pulling out the dvd's to watch the past seasons. Sopranos ill watch if it comes on but wont do no extra to see it. Both had highs and lows dope characters and storie lines. But overall i gotta with the wire. Gotta agree with timebomb Marlo was gangsta as fuck but so was Avon, Wee bay so on and so on. Dope shows period cant go wrong with either one.

Feb 5, 2006
But even with all that shit he did Marlo got squeezed out by the cops and on top of that STILL had 2 answer 2 Avon in the end lol

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The Wire's character development felt shallow compared to The Sopranos. The directing was also way too formulaic on TW. Also, in real life Omar would have been dead by the third episode at most, I know it's just a show but they took some liberties with the realism a couple of times.

Edit; Another thing that I loved about Sopranos was, it was such a psychological show, it didn't just get into the mind of a criminal(which it did wonderfully) it got into the minds of what felt like real people.

Jan 23, 2006
both are great. wire gets the vote though. and season 2 was fucking the shit.

soprano's was more entertaining. wire was a better show.

Jan 18, 2006
Im biased as fuck so Im a just say they were both fresh, HBO is really what helped bring all these other good shows on FX and shit.

Feb 11, 2006
i feel like the sopranos had a head start over the wire but like al boo boo said it had a lil more substance than the wire....dont get me wrong the wire was savage and had me feindin for the box set lol but i wasnt feelin season 2 ....that being said the sopranos played out the psychologist thing a bit to much mayne shes was annoying as fuck fuck aswell...but yo pauly walnutts is one of the funniest dudes to ever be in a show mayne...

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
msn, fuck my cell phone, I meant to vote the wire, but voted the sopranos by accident. The wire, 4 life. Serio, guey.