So what happens if this "Hyphy" stuff doesn't take off??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
Everybody is pushing the Hyphy movement as the thing that's going to BTBB (Bring the Bay Back). There's a lot of build up goin on right now and I'm not seeing anything progressing beyond this build up (as of yet).

Will bay artists still be getting Hyphy a year from now if they're not on majors??

Rock

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2003
I DUNNO IF ARTISTS WILL STILL BE GETTIN HYPHY...

BUT I WILL... 80 YRS OLD IN MY ROCKER DOIN THE DUMMY

Rock

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2003
I CANT RESPECT A RAPPER DOING THE SHIT CUZ ITS TRENDY... IF IT DONT BLOW UP AND I SEE NIGGAS SWITCH SIDES IMA BE DISSAPOINTED EVEN THOUGH THAS PROLLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN...

BUT HYPHY WILL AND IS BLOWING UP SO WE AINT GOTTA WORRY BOUT THAT...

Uzzle

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2004
Hopefully it does! Hyphy taking over! Even rick rock knows it cause he coming out wit a energy drank.LoL Everyone finna be gettin hyphy wit they energy drank.

May 25, 2005
are the bay artists pushing it outside of the bay in other states or are they satisfied being "hood rap stars"? i love hyphy but they gotta move around and really push it. drop GOOD mixtapes with known dj's from OUTSIDE the bay. get that network game up n stop being local. if the music is for the block, its gonna stay on ya block!

Jul 30, 2005
hyphie.blogspot.com
dont even worry bout it. hyphy is blowing up, no fucking doubt about it. i started my website to promote this hyphy shit, but this shit promotes itself. people from all over the nation and world are getting into it. hyphy shit is getting popular in SB and SD. them college kids be hella into bay rap. and you know, once shit gets popular in socal, its only a matter of months before it gets popular nationwide. people are looking for some shit to get them amped like crunk used to, and hyphy is it.

Feb 26, 2005
skmagnum01 said:
are the bay artists pushing it outside of the bay in other states or are they satisfied being "hood rap stars"? i love hyphy but they gotta move around and really push it. drop GOOD mixtapes with known dj's from OUTSIDE the bay. get that network game up n stop being local. if the music is for the block, its gonna stay on ya block!
thank you! personally, im everyewhere and out of state..i have close relationships with cats at the majors. they dont know ANYONE form out here. sure they have heard a lil buzz but the bottom line is they dont care because WE DONT MOVE UNITS. bay sales are pathetic, cats are happy with breaking 5k or 10k. and if someone moves 20k they are "the shit". inde artists in other regions more than double that in there first week off top. we need to support eachother and actually go out n buy albums...not 2 mention actually goin out n doing real tours.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
danny dee said:
..not 2 mention actually goin out n doing real tours.
fuck yeah,....hay everyone,...i stand behind this statement so much that i'm willing to help set up hotels, travel, venues and what ever is needed to help the movement up here in skrewattle,....just pm me and i can look into pullin my resources....

.....and hypyness for all!!!!

Jul 27, 2005
www.myspace.com
its not like hyphy just popped out of nowhere its been around for a minute and its been gradually gaining support. i feel tours should be conisdered. the only downfall of it is people from other regions take it as a joke. i live in san diego and i record people from st louis, texas, georgia...everywhere basically and when they see people getting stupid they laugh. they hear keak go "rah rah rah" and laugh. im constantly defending the bay and im from stockton. wow...anyways, i guess my point is some people are too "tough" to be hyphy.

Oct 31, 2003
The Bay is WAY larger than the Hyphy trend/craze. Most people (believe it or not) in the Bay don't get "Hyphy". I think at best it can do what Trap Music or Crunk or Screw or any other regional sound that spills over into popular culture has done...and that's pretty good. The key will be having artist that ARE NOT Hyphy become sucessful aswell. The Bay is to diverse for one thing to represent ALL people and artist. I see some of these hyphy artist now and they wern't hyphy before, but hey some people will do anything to ride a trend to the top.

May 25, 2005
danny dee said:
thank you! personally, im everyewhere and out of state..i have close relationships with cats at the majors. they dont know ANYONE form out here. sure they have heard a lil buzz but the bottom line is they dont care because WE DONT MOVE UNITS. bay sales are pathetic, cats are happy with breaking 5k or 10k. and if someone moves 20k they are "the shit". inde artists in other regions more than double that in there first week off top. we need to support eachother and actually go out n buy albums...not 2 mention actually goin out n doing real tours.
thas wassup, i thought i was the only one thinking about that! and i know there is more to the bay than hyphy, but if we aint touring and we mess around and blow up on national radio, thas all they gonna get. hyphy gets us in the door, then the artists provide a balance of hyphy and UPDATED mobb music. wait till i get outta this here military(near kansas city of all places, where they killed my city's spokesman,while i was here must i add!) imma show yall how its done!

Hutch

Sicc OG
Mar 9, 2005
You need someone with major clout to push hyphy - if you want to sell records then you gotta get someone with deep pockets and influence to get you on the radio. The first step would be doing major tours, then hopefully someone in a position of power will see its the shit and bring some record deals to the table. Only in a perfect world though. I'm really feelin it right now, but in a few years it'll take the backseat and we'll all start to forget it as the next new craze comes out. The natural order

Dec 20, 2003
i think its more then just hyphy the music just has to be consistent and hot no matter wut style it is the bay has many different sounds accross the board as long as all styles stay consistent sumone will break threw and more people will look at the bay as a factor just put out the good product and we will be ok pz

May 5, 2005
MAN IN SANDIEGO ITS SO MANY MAC DRE WANNA BES ALL THA KIDS AT THA HIGH SCHOOLS LISTEN 2 KEAK AND TRY 2 ACT LIKE THEY FROM THA BAY AND GET STUPID AND ALL THAT SHIT IF KEAK CAME OUT HERE AND PROMOTED AND SIGN SOME POSTERS AND SHIT PEOPLE WOULD TREAT HIM LIKE A STAR SANDIEGO IS A GREAT PLACE 2 TAKE THA HYPHY SHIT AND TRY 2 SELL SOME CDS ITS A BUNCH OF YOUNG NIGGAZ THAT THINK THEY FROM THA BAY