So New York is bumpin our shit...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
The Last Word said:
lol .. Y'all doin the exact thing that you're complainin about the other cats doin
Thank you! lol. You people are ignorant. Coming on here complaining about New York hating, then doing the same exact shit.

And to whoever said that E-40 is better than every other rapper on the Eastcoast..

WOW..

I'm a huge E-40 fan, but lets keep it real. 40 is faaaaaar from a lyricist and hardly raps about anything other than himself and his turf so on which basis are you making this comparison?

Feb 8, 2003
Meandme said:
NY ain't been really solid since the mid 90's, with a rare few exceptions here and there, but they still as arrogant. That's why they place all their hopes in those 4-5 half-assed mixtapes rappers who's albums never come out, shit's pathetic. Then you got these "real hip-hop heads" who jock anybody that say they'll bring back real hip hop, fail, and keep saying the same shit. Finally you got those who ain't felt new shit for 8-9 years and still hang around fucking internet forums just to hate on every new thing that comes out. Fuck all of em.

Lets be real Neither the East or West has been solid. The South is On the muthafucking top and will stay that way for a really long time until niggas put that East and West bullshit to rest.

I look at it like this Music is Music its a universal thing fuck labeling a certain artist after a coast. Shit I dont call myself a midwest rapper bc I also lived in the South and East.

Town Spinach said:
Music originates from the heart, not the mouth (or side of the neck...)

Exactly

Dont let that shit get to yall.

IMO I never judge a artist from where he or she is from. Just remember the music will speak for itself.

Heres the assumptions people have:
Most east artist are natural lyricst, West has some rider shit, South has better party music, The midwest has that fast spits on lock.

One thing people gotta learn is every coast has artists that have all these qualities.

Sep 30, 2005
The Last Word said:
Bullshit. It's the same shit no matter what kind of spin you try to put on it
That's like saying punching somebody in the face is the same as beating him to death. The principle for the two is the same (violence), but the degree is different. You don't see people here creating "what the fuck is that weak ass New York shit I heard on the radio the other day" threads. The only time you see people hating on NY here is in reaction to hate from NY or perceived to be from NY. It ain't right, but it's still not as bad. It's a reflex, people get on the defensive when they feel attacked and they strike back. Not to say that there's no unjustified hate towards east coast rap from some people on BART, but again, not to the same degree.

Feb 10, 2006
DIFFERENCE: we dont hate on the east coast rap game....we hate on the eastcoast worshippers ( who can not or do not take the time to understand anything else from anywhere else unless its fuckin implanted into their brain like the south just barely was able to do, after the south been doin the same shit for years )!

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
The Last Word said:
lol .. Y'all doin the exact thing that you're complainin about the other cats doin

Where do you get that from? I haven't seen a post yet where someone from here is downing their artists besides dude who said 40 was better than anyone over there...lol I don't know what he was thinkin. There might have been a few posts mocking the fans of that forum but that's about it. I don't see any wrong in that.

Jan 22, 2006
I personally think both regions have their own styles and culture which should be respected as such.......I can't stand when folks on the east hate on the Bay because we do it a lil Different.....versatility and diversity in the game makes things way more interesting

Jul 1, 2002
muthafuckas in NY are so fuckin self centered becuz hip hop started in their city they think they should rule the hip hop culture forever..fuck that bullshit, they time is past they aint puttin out no hot shit no more, wtf is 50 cent hot garbage now...the bay is next in line and we gone shine like tha sun and them muthafucaks just gone have to put they stunna shades on and learn how 2 ghost ride the whip in traffic , fuckin bitches

YESCA

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
people on there actually think laffy taffy is better?

that tells you alot about what kind of idiots are on there.

(we should all sighn up there and turn in into a bay area board ha)

Mar 3, 2006
The Last Word said:
When's the last time you saw a "Jay-Z Hate Thread" here? East coast rappers are hardly ever even mentioned on here - they certainly don't get hated on.

Jan 6, 2006
what the fuck

I love the bay, E-40, Richie Rich, Too Short, Luniz or RBL Posse and all the legends but you can`t say NY is wack as fuck
You can`t fuck with MOP, Nas or AZ and there`s plenty other muthafuckas also

Both bay and ny need to stop hating at each other

Oct 10, 2002
str8ball.free.fr
they hate for the same reason some US folks will downgrade French or Latin hip hop for instance, they don't know anything about the music or the culture, only the mainstream stuff that is above it all. Ignorance man. I wouldn't care too much about a internet forum like yall do. It seems like their forum is plagued with kids anyway, nothing constructive there.

Feb 10, 2006
we dont hate on bew york...if you think what we doin and what they do on sohh is the same shit....u obviously have never checked out SOHH

Feb 10, 2006
NEWS UPDATE::: someonjust created a thread

title: " E-40 About To Destroy Hip Hop? "

"So, basically this dude E-40 who I've never respected for years now is about to spread his bullsh!t onto the rest of us huh? I dunno' I respect what they doin' in the Bay... but don't ya'll think MTV is hypin' this up waaay too much?

I feel another "crunk" movement about to take over.

Honestly though, how do you respect a dude who made up his whole line of slang? I mean yeah that's cool in middle school but this a grown man!

Sway: "So you just make this up off the dome?"

:::40 at a loss for words:::

E-40: "You goddd damn right!"

NAAA SON!"