SILAS aka Smigg Dirtee

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
I like the album.

You can here Silas's influence from Eminem, even the a.k.a's....you gotta admit, Slim Shady and Smigg Dirtee sound alike.
Its not an outright bite, just an influence in how he presents himself on beats and his rhyme patterns, even with the line "Greatest mcs Eminem, Big L and Smigg" (personally i think Both Smigg and Shady have a long way to go before they see Big L who was without the greatest rapper to draw breath)

Silas is still very much his own person though and without a doubt a talented rapper. Such Influences, make him much more lyrical than his peers and more diverse than his Sac gangsta heritage normally allow.

My favourite track on the album is "4 da music", i love Smiggs flow on it and the beat box is sicc, for me its the best beat on the album, that along with the collabo with T-Nutty, Pale soul should produce more shit, shame he only got one lick on the album.

Silas never fails to come tight on every track, he is defiantly consious of the words coming out of his mouth even when he spits pure gun shit or raps about bitches.
I like the theme of the last track "Love and Life", its a shame its so short, i would like to hear Smigg stretch himself over more topics as i feel confident he could touch people emotionally with his lyrics if he chose to.

The beats overall let the album down, too many of them sound alike, there are also too many average guests who arent in Smiggs calibre, i find myself dozing off waiting for Silas to come back on the mic, not to say Silas doesnt shine on the solo tracks, i wish they were more.

Saying that, another highlight is the Luni produced "All about my riches", Luni just makes me laugh and their styles contrast so much it gives Silas room to spit comfortably.

All in all a tight album and to say this is Silas's debut it shows a lot of potential, i recommend this album to anyone looking for a refreshing perspective and a rapper destined for great things..I would like to hear him rip up different kind of beats, maybe an east coast type track or some old school shit.

I wouldnt concentrate on the Sicc Related project as the other rappers in the click arent that good. Seems like a waste of Silas's talent, he would be carrying the group. I would work on a follow up to "a.k.a". with the right amount of exposure the right kind of beats Silas could blow up globally, he's got the lyrics, the ideas and the energy.

Much love homie....

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
Mak Deniro said:
I wouldnt concentrate on the Sicc Related project as the other rappers in the click arent that good.
YOU SPEAKIN A LIL TOO SOON ON SIC RELATED HOMIE...LEMME TELL YOU, THE ALBUM IS ILL AS PHUCK, THE SIC RELATED SONG ON SMIGGS ALBUM WAS KINDA MEDIOCRE I WOULD AGREE, BUT S.R. COMES WITH MANY HEATED SONGS, WAIT AND SEE...OTHER THAN THAT, THANKS PHOR THE KINDS WORDS AND THE SUPPORT...

...ABA

Jul 7, 2002
www.myspace.com
@Mak Deniro

How can you give C.G./C. Gigolo, and Steezo props, but then you say Sic Related is a waste of time? Sic Related consists of C.G., Steezo, and Silas. I was just wondering. Your critique is all love until the last paragraph, but I take that shit to heart cuz they family. Stay up. One.

The All Knowing Supreme JSteez:chinese: of The Clairemonsterz

May 24, 2002
@m.d.

First of all i'd like to say that I appreciate the fact that you took the time to give Silas a review and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have nothing to speak on when you speak my name or Steezo. First of all im not gonna sit here and tell you how much I will eat most the MCs you know, but I will. You haven't heard enough to judge me and even if you did I wouldn't really sit here too long and wonder why you dont like me. I just dont like when people say things that they are not too educated about. I mean you give the album props and most of the songs and I am on 5 of them. True they aren't songs that have much topic but don't get it wrong I like the songs. I just would like for you to give a real reason why you think Sic Related is weak to you??? If its not the type of music you listen to then you shouldn't judge it based on what you like because you are starting with a closed mind, you aren't even feeling the beats but the beats are hard. But thats why there are different groups with different styles and different listeners and different fan bases, but if you are gonna judge me give me a reason why Silas would carry me or us, when you probably couldn't carry the pen I write my raps with. But then again you are just mak dinera from steel city??...... holla
C.G. Sic Related Individualz

May 24, 2002
@ tank locc

on some real shit dogg u should peep tha album homie its heat dogg. so yeah if you get a chance, scoop it folks... holla

May 21, 2002
Re: @Mak Deniro

JSteez said:
How can you give C.G./C. Gigolo, and Steezo props, but then you say Sic Related is a waste of time? Sic Related consists of C.G., Steezo, and Silas. I was just wondering. Your critique is all love until the last paragraph, but I take that shit to heart cuz they family. Stay up. One.

The All Knowing Supreme JSteez:chinese: of The Clairemonsterz

I didnt give C.G & Steezo props, i listened to the album i am aware that they are the other members of Sic related, i said "there are also too many average guests" and then i said "I wouldnt concentrate on the Sicc Related project as the other rappers in the click arent that good", there is no contradiction there im saying the same thing.

Dont take it personally its only my opinion.

May 21, 2002
Re: @m.d.

C.G. said:
First of all i'd like to say that I appreciate the fact that you took the time to give Silas a review and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have nothing to speak on when you speak my name or Steezo. First of all im not gonna sit here and tell you how much I will eat most the MCs you know, but I will. You haven't heard enough to judge me and even if you did I wouldn't really sit here too long and wonder why you dont like me. I just dont like when people say things that they are not too educated about. I mean you give the album props and most of the songs and I am on 5 of them. True they aren't songs that have much topic but don't get it wrong I like the songs. I just would like for you to give a real reason why you think Sic Related is weak to you??? If its not the type of music you listen to then you shouldn't judge it based on what you like because you are starting with a closed mind, you aren't even feeling the beats but the beats are hard. But thats why there are different groups with different styles and different listeners and different fan bases, but if you are gonna judge me give me a reason why Silas would carry me or us, when you probably couldn't carry the pen I write my raps with. But then again you are just mak dinera from steel city??...... holla
C.G. Sic Related Individualz

As you said its my opinion, there is no need to take it personally.

Every act in the music game faces criticism, it is impossible to impress everybody all the time. As long as you feel you do your work to the best of your ability that is all you can do.

This site offers listeners like myself and artists like yourself a place to share ideas without censorship, thats the beauty of the internet, i would have never heard of the Silas album if it wasnt for this site so it seems a good a place give my opinion of it.

You begin your response to me by saying i am entitled to my opinion then end your response by suggesting i couldnt hold your pen? and putting a question mark after my location. Both of which are irrelevent.

I will tell you i have been a hip hop fan since the age of 14, im 29 now i grew up on Public Enemy, BDP, Ice -T, Too $hort, NWA, EPMD, Ultramagnetic, Gang Starr, D.I.T.C and have continued to listen to every sub genre of the music up to the present time (from Lynch to Jay-Z) so i am in no way closed minded to the many varietys of rap styles and rap beats.

I will answer your questions as you asked so nicely...

I like some of the beats but a lot of them sounded alike using the same sounds and same chords, they seem half way jiggy and half way thug, but not really whole of anything.

As for Sic Related and the various guests on the album i honestly felt the metaphor and sentance structure wasnt as good as Silas's, the voice wasnt as interesting and the flows werent different enough to keep me interested.

This doesnt mean that there isnt room for growth and development, i just felt Silas was ahead and at this stage a follow up album brought out quickly on the heels of this one would be a wise move from a perspective of widening the audience he has already created on his own. When he is at a comfortable level as a solo artist and can guarentee a fan base and record sales then he can bring his crew to the table.

Im not out to dismiss your talent and you should be commended for having enough gusto to write and spit, i am simply giving an opinion of an album i bought, my opinion doesnt count for a lot in the big scheme of things.

Prove me wrong, im a fan, entertain me.

im sure in your personal life you are a good person but we all have to seperate ourselves from our art.

still all love, maintain and do your thing.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
@Smigg The Great

This is Suave my nigga. I bump that shit from SAC to L.A. Kay9ine was like, "Who the fucc is this Suave", I said my nigga from Dago, don't trip, lol!!!!!! He's feeling your shit. But as far as Wherehouse, you have to buy into there program, it's worth it cuddy. Keep DUMPIN!!!!

C.G.

May 24, 2002
@ mak dinera

Itz all good dogg believe me when i say that.... you have your opinion, and i dont expect everyone to like what i do, and not everyone will like what i do so u are right, it is your honest opinion and all i can do is respect it. so good looking on the optimism and critism on silas as well as myself. aint no hatin in my veins so i dont hate you.... i guess i did get mad cuzz i've always got good feedbacc from other listeners who dont know me and i hardly get bad reviews but like you said you cant please everybody..... plus a lot of people just hate for no reason, over analizing and over critisizing.... but i see you have taken your time to really listen and state your opinion... so good lookin... on your honest opinion and maybe i will catch your attention on something else... holla bacc