Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Justin Britt - Draft Analysis:

"I had more of a fifth-round grade on him. Britt's a technician." -- Mike Mayock

Overview

High school left tackle who also captured a state wrestling title, going 45-0 as a senior. Redshirted in 2009 and saw limited action as a reserve in 2010 (13 games). Started all 13 games at LT in 2011. Suffered a Jones fracture in his left foot in July 2012 but healed in time to start the first nine games of the season -- six at right tackle, three at LT -- before suffering a season-ending torn right ACL injury. Started all 14 games at LT in 2013.

Analysis

Strengths Solid build with a stout base and long torso. Quick enough to cut off the outside rush and give help where it is needed. Recognizes the blitz and displays good enough agility to adjust to movement. Good work ethic. Very good weight-room strength -- cleans nearly 400 pounds.

Weaknesses Operates out of a 2-point stance in a spread-option offense. Falls off blocks and does not finish. Very average sustain. Limited body control and recovery speed. Late to reach the block point on the second level. Does not create movement in the run game. Gives too much ground in pass protection.

Draft Projection Rounds 6-7

Bottom Line College left tackle with enough length and foot quickness to handle the blind side in a pinch, but is more ideally suited for the right side and could be best suited for a swing backup role. Has played nearly every position on the line and could add depth as a positional, wall-off blocker.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/justin-britt?id=2543824

May 9, 2002
I can't see him at WR though we know they like 6'2+ 220+ guys
Baldwin is under 6'. As is Harvin. Pete likes football players.

Richardson said on the radio that he was up to 183lbs as of Saturday. He has been with a strength and conditioning coach since Nov. 31 (season ended Nov 30th). Said he played anywhere between 160 and 170 last year.

Feb 14, 2004
One game a year works for u? Lol
I mean the team still would have spanked the Broncos without his contributions. But still, you made it a point to come in here and say he's made of glass. When clearly that's a non-issue as of right meow. He did his thang in the big game, and now he's a Super Bowl champ. Something he wouldn't have been able to accomplish with the 49ers. I mean he'd be on a team that has rich history. But really, what's that going to do for him today?

Last edited:

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I mean the team still would have spanked the Broncos without his contributions. But still, you made it a point to come in here and say he's made of glass. When clearly that's a non-issue as of right meow. He did his thang in the big game, and now he's a Super Bowl champ. Something he wouldn't have been able to accomplish with the 49ers. I mean he'd be on a team that has rich history. But really, what's that going to do for him today?
Lol fuck the bitch ass Seahawks. Y'all got it one year thanks to payback from super bowl xl. It won't happen again lol. Niners win in clink as well book it.

Feb 14, 2004
Report: Seattle Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch is making a movie about himself

Marshawn Lynch has famously avoided the spotlight throughout his years with the Seattle Seahawks, steering clear of reporters at games and practices, and even considering skipping Super Bowl Media Day in January. He is notoriously camera-shy, to the point that his former counterpart in the Hawks’ backfield, fullback Michael Robinson, spoke for him during one Super Bowl media session when Lynch became visibly anxious.

So it may come as a surprise to many NFL fans that Lynch is reportedly making a movie about himself

Beast Mode works in mysterious ways.

The San Jose Mercury News reported Friday that Lynch will star in the upcoming movie “Family First,” which follows his journey from the ghettos of Oakland to his wild success in the NFL. The biopic reportedly already has a distributor, Relativity Media, and is slated for release by the end of the 2014 calendar year.

Here’s more from the Mercury News:

The project is a coming-of-age film that embarks on a journey through Lynch’s life. It will chronicle his childhood years and his growth as a football player — his triumphs at Oakland Tech, his break into stardom at Cal, his NFL growth capped with a championship this year.

But mostly, it will reveal the context of what shaped him. His struggles. His triumphs. His mistakes. His family.

And he wants to tell it, even if it means making himself vulnerable to the cameras and critics.

“I’m more than ready to play myself,” Lynch said with a laugh. “I got the acting bug when I played a small role in ‘Matt’s Chance’ starring Gary Busey. I definitely want to expand my opportunities after football. I’ve also been on a couple TV shows, so I’m not nervous.”

Who knew his cameo in “Matt’s Chance,” part of which was filmed in Seattle, would lead to a foray into filmmaking?

Marcus Thompson II of the Mercury News reported that Lynch already attended a casting call for the movie in April. Lynch was so excited about the project, Thompson wrote, that he joined some of the actors as they improvised scenes.

The title “Family First” appears to be a take on the name Lynch’s charity, Fam 1st Family Foundation, which aims to help disadvantaged youth in the San Francisco Bay Area

Report: Seattle Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch is making a movie about himself - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News