San Antonio Spurs official thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
^^^
yeah i seen that, it might be a "funny" thing to do or seem like the smart move but i think it will come back and haunt them. You don't want to mess with the mind/ego of an NBA player this late in the season. Also i believe chemistry is very important, so why not keep rolling the way the spurs were doing. Also last I checked they're still competing for the best record in the League. I think a veteran team would know how important it is to have home court through out the playoffs. Oh well it's not like before this decision they were going to the finals, so it won't hurt to much.
well take a look at what happenes to them every year now. they roll through the entire NBA year and usually get a great record. but in the playoffs they look shitty. they've tried that approach before and have failed multiple times. now with this approach it gives other guys on the team a chance to show what they can do and it rests the older guys so they dont burn out.

the celtics did this and made all the way to the finals but unfortunately lost their center during the finals so we were fucked but we had a real good chance at winning it all and we were the 4th seed.

Jan 12, 2006
well take a look at what happenes to them every year now. they roll through the entire NBA year and usually get a great record. but in the playoffs they look shitty. they've tried that approach before and have failed multiple times. now with this approach it gives other guys on the team a chance to show what they can do and it rests the older guys so they dont burn out.

the celtics did this and made all the way to the finals but unfortunately lost their center during the finals so we were fucked but we had a real good chance at winning it all and we were the 4th seed.
if by now you don't know who your playoff rotation is you're done, most of the bums playing against the jazz won't even see the floor during the playoffs. They should've whopped the jazz with Duncan, Gino, and Parker, then proceed to rest them the entire 4th quarter. If the spurs are having trouble finishing the season due to "stamina" and "age" issues, well then good luck in the post season. As for the celtics, perkins or no perkins they would've got worked. Rasheed gave them offense that game that perkins can only dream of. Point of story i think coach pop is the best coach in the league now the Phil Jackson is gone, but he may finally be losing it. Trying to be to clever for his own good. Just my 2 cents.

Nov 7, 2006
if by now you don't know who your playoff rotation is you're done, most of the bums playing against the jazz won't even see the floor during the playoffs. They should've whopped the jazz with Duncan, Gino, and Parker, then proceed to rest them the entire 4th quarter. If the spurs are having trouble finishing the season due to "stamina" and "age" issues, well then good luck in the post season. As for the celtics, perkins or no perkins they would've got worked. Rasheed gave them offense that game that perkins can only dream of. Point of story i think coach pop is the best coach in the league now the Phil Jackson is gone, but he may finally be losing it. Trying to be to clever for his own good. Just my 2 cents.
he's tried doing it the normal way for like what 3 years now? and everytime they get bumped out usually from a younger team who the spurs were suppose to be better. i think i see it as a good thing because my same team is currently doing the same thing and we're just now picking it up and smashing on good teams.

Nov 7, 2006
fact we the celtics rested most of our players in the 1st half of the season. now we playing full tilt and have the better record in the 2nd half then heat and bulls.

Sep 17, 2005
Duncan is 37 yrs old and shittin on every other big in the league, this nigga is killin it!!! Off top of my head hes puttin up the best numbers for bigs this year. 17ppg 10rpg 2.7bpg and anchoring a top ranked defense. Dudes had 5 games of 25-10-5 this year, noone else has more than one. Business as usual my nig, business as usual...

Props: DFresh77
Dec 4, 2011
my pops is from san antonio so growing up i spent alot of time down there and im a Warriors fan first but i do root for the spurs if they are not playing the warriors.

they have a mix of good players and a hall of fame coach. leonard is gonna be a really good player and parker still has a few years left. when duncan retires i think the spurs will take a dip but they will still be a good team.

last year when OKC beat them the spurs bench gave them nothing but the bench has been playing alot better this year so if they do see the heat at the end i think they can win it all

Props: Gueroloco
Sep 17, 2005
1998 NBA 1st Team: Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq O'Neal, Tim Duncan

2013 NBA 1st Team: Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan

Congrats Tim, lookin at those names is a trip, and congrats to TP for 2nd team even though he was better than CP this year.

Props: savage