[REVIEWS INDEX] Tech N9ne - Killer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 6, 2005
Heh, you cyber cop/e hard asses amuse me. Enjoy your present time talking shit here on the Siccness. And thanks for the inspiration to get my work done a little faster. The select few know what im talking about, so go ahead, indulge.

Aug 25, 2007
01.) Dr. Frazier's Office (Intro Skit) - N/A

02.) Like Yeah - Definitely a good way to kick off the album, this should have been the first single. 9/10

03.) Wheaties (Feat. Shawnna) - This really isn’t my type of track, but I actually ended up enjoying it a lot. My pick for the second single. 9/10

04.) Everybody Move - I like this track more than most, but I don’t think it is first single material. 8/10

05.) Get The Fuck Outta Here (Feat. The Popper & Paul Wall) - Beat is garbage, chorus is meh, Tech was Tech, The Popper and Paul Wall were wack. 4/10

06.) The Waitress - Dope concept with a great beat and chorus. 9/10

07.) Crybaby - I think this is most likely the most hypocritical concept Tech has ever come up with for a song, the chorus is a little annoying, too. Besides that, the song is flawless. 8.5/10

08.) Shit Is Real (Feat. Mr. Stinky) - There is NO reason at all to have that Mr. Stinky fool on the song. 6.5/10

09.) Blackboy (Feat. Brother J, Ice Cube & Krizz Kaliko) - Beat is average, chorus is aiight, and everybody came correct. 8/10

10.) Pillow Talkin’ (Feat. Scarface) - Decent concept, slightly better execution than ‘Blackboy’. 8.5/10

11.) Paint A Dark Picture (Feat. Dirtball) - One of my favorite songs on the album. Fuck that, one of my favorite Tech songs ever. 10/10

12.) Hope For A Higher Power - Even better than ‘Paint A Dark Picture’. 10/10

13.) Worst Case Scenario (Skit) - N/A

14.) Psycho Bitch II (Feat. Liquid Assassin) - Another top Tech song. Possibly better than the first. 10/10

15.) Poisonous (Feat. Liz Suwandi) - This is a completely different vibe for Tech, and he pulls it off very well. I like the chorus. Why is it so short, though? 8.5/10

16.) Too Much (Feat. Kutt Calhoun) - I love this song, its like a faster version of ‘The Beast’. Too short, though. 9.5/10

17.) I Love You But Fuck You - The beat is a little bit underwhelming, and the song just has an awkward feel to it which makes it really hard to vibe to. Points for the depth and personal feel, tough. - 7.5/10

18.) One Good Time - I just can’t stand listening to this song. I guess I can see why people like it, but it really just goes against the flow of the rest of the album. It would probably be much more enjoyable if the guitars didn’t sound so goddamn corny. 3/10

19.) Drill Team (Feat. Snug Brim, BG Bulletwound & Krizz Kaliko) - The beat is weak as hell, BG Bulletwound is terrible, and Snug Brim is adequate. If it wasn’t for Tech and especially Krizz, the song would be pretty much garbage. 6/10

20.) Beat You Up (Feat. Lebowski, The Weapon & Big Scoob) - Sigh… another weak beat. Tech is aiight, Lebowski and The Weapon are nothing special, and how exactly is Big Scoob a surprise guest? 5.5/10

21.) Let's Go (Feat. Kutt Calhoun & Mistah F.A.B.) - Thank GOD! Just when I’m thinking the album is starting to lose steam, this track comes on and completely restores my faith. Everything about this song is excellent. Fuck it, THIS should be the first single. 10/10

22.) Why You Ain't Call Me - The complete antithesis to ‘Crybaby’, concept wise. Besides that and the only average, it is a good song. 7/10

23.) Seven Words (Feat. Skatterman & Krizz Kaliko) - Boring. Stupid. Unnecessary. Juvenile. Corny. Worst song. 2/10

24.) The Sexorcist (Infomercial) (Feat. Krizz Kaliko) - Only slightly better than ‘Seven Words’. 3/10

25.) Killa Call (Skit) - N/A

26.) Enjoy (Feat. Krizz Kaliko & Bosko) - The musical equivalent of Tetsuo: The Iron Man, which sucked. 4/10

27.) Elbow Macaroni (Skit) - N/A

28.) I Am Everything (Feat. Hed P.E. & Kottonmouth Kings) - Going by the trend of the previous 3 tracks, I was expecting this song to pretty much suck, especially since I hate SubNoize music. Granted, KMK and Jahred sucked, but Tech, the beat and the chorus were surpassingly enjoyable. 7/10

29.) Happy Ending - Excellence. Barely even sounds like the same album after the Sextion bullshit. - 10/10

30.) Can't Shake It (Feat. Krizz Kaliko & Robert Rebeck) - I love the vibe of this song. Mellow and introspective while rapid fire as hell. I didn’t think that was even possible. Reminds me of ‘Soul Searchin’. 10/10

31.) Holier Than Thou (Feat. Krizz Kaliko & Strange Lane Choir) - Another great song. - 9.5/10

32.) Last Words - Fitting way to end the album, the beat just doesn’t deliver, though. 9/10

*BONUS TRACKS*

Killer - I’m still baffled at why this isn’t on the album, it is one of the best tracks he’s ever made. - 10/10

Smoke Sumthing - I can see why people didn’t like this song, but it has its merits. 7.5/10

In summary: Killer BANGS. Right up there with Everready and Anghellic. It drags heavily during the second disc, but the last few songs are some of the best on the album, so a double-disc release isn’t COMPLETELY unjustified. Although, the ‘All Killer No Filler’ slogan definitely doesn’t fit, but I never expected it to.

Apr 14, 2006
It's funny, the first time I listened to "Enjoy", I was like, "What the fuck is this?" Of course after listening to it a few more times, I actually like it. It's quite original and warrants much higher than a 4/10.

Nov 5, 2006
Heh, you cyber cop/e hard asses amuse me. Enjoy your present time talking shit here on the Siccness. And thanks for the inspiration to get my work done a little faster. The select few know what im talking about, so go ahead, indulge.
Wow there is a secret club of several members???!!!, you must be referencing to some very IMPORTANT information:eek:. Please!! hurry and finish your work because I dont think I can stand the suspense much longer.

Get out of here with that nonsense, although there are many on here without fullfilling lives of which may be destroyed if your top secret mission has to do with a new forum or something along those lines. In the end you make yourself look like an immature idiot with a feeble attempt at being condescending.

Sep 18, 2006
cool thread, next time I stumble home black out drunk I'll throw on the Killer album and wright a shitcanned rambling stream of consciousness Gonzo journalistic style review of every track and then get pissed off about strange noize not coming here and demand tech to do a show in b town