Q-Vo to my fellow Nortenos, OG here

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2006
Wassup Homies,
I just wanted to say wassup to all my Norte Family. I'm 35 now but back in da day I used to drop some rhymes. I was the only fool rapping about XIV when San Jo was just a bunch of party crews.
Lemme see if any of you vatos remember these names. MC Twist was a brother from San Jo who was the first to get major record deal. He was signed on Luke Skywalkers Records way back, this was in the 80's that was a pretty big deal.
I was rappin out of Sunnyvale and our crew was called The Disciples of Funk but had dropped some rhymes in and around San Jo at House Parties, Ranch Parties, Car Shows, etc. Mostly underground but it was cool and we would pretty much DJ anywhere we could.
I also remember the Lowriders shoes at the fairgrounds and Kid Frost was trying to perform his song and all the homies were throwing red rags onto the stage!! That was site to be seen, homies!!
I don't know if any of you remember the party crews back in the day. Sidewayz, MGD, 69, Playboyz Forver and OAD. There was one dude who had some tight spit. DJ Boy Wonder and the rappers name was Def Line (definitely Latin).
There was a big ass Ranch party in South San Jo thrown by Def Line and Boy Wonders label and there was a gang of fools there. Hynas to the ceiling! SOS was also there, some big ass blue raggin samoans.
So I'm just a veterano trying to give you an idea of what the scene was like back in the late 80's early 90's.

MC T-Vo
Aka Joker Locs
East Side Sunnyvale
Varrio Grande Fir St. Locos X4

Aug 20, 2003
DAME HOMIE YOU TOOK ME BACK FOR A MIN I REMEMER THE PARTY CREWS BUT SAN JO BEEN NORTE SINCE THE LATE 60'S.SHIT I REMEMBER CHOSEN FEW MY HOMIE TIGER'S PARTY CREW I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED 2 EM.WELL US ENE'Z WILL NEVER FADE AWAY LIKE THE PARTY CREWS....REMEMBER KIDD X THAT FOOL COULD SPIT....

Feb 21, 2006
It was hard for hip hop back in the day, I remember San Jo was all about the High Energy music. Dudes would bump that shit because the bitches liked it.
I can never even remember seeing scraps anytime there was a car show at the fairgrounds. Mad crusing bumper to bumper all the way down Tully, to King to Santa Clara street. Damn, those were some good memories, homie.
I remember going to JP's Bar, We called it Just Parolees, you would familianos there straight outta the joint. I knew the DJ there and we would lemme spit every now and again. Crazy Jerry was always there, he was a NF Lieutenent who was in a wheel chair but the vato was crazy.

Dec 13, 2004
members.sitegadgets.com
Welcome to the Forum Homie.I'm not from San Jo,but I do know that thing with Kid Frost.Ever since then he doesn't come to Northern Califas to rap no more.He had the red rags thrown at him in every Northern city spots even called out a few times by some northerners. I do remember Mc Twist and the The Disciples of Funk.

Oct 31, 2005
CRAZY SILENT said:
Welcome to the Forum Homie.I'm not from San Jo,but I do know that thing with Kid Frost.Ever since then he doesn't come to Northern Califas to rap no more.He had the red rags thrown at him in every Northern city spots even called out a few times by some northerners. I do remember Mc Twist and the The Disciples of Funk.
KID FROST WAS NEVER A CHOLO/SURENO/GANGSTER/PANDILLERO WHATEVER... BUT SINCE HES FROM SOUTHERN CALIFAS... MANY OF U VATO THINK THAT... IF A LATIN RAPPER FROM SOUTHERN CALI RAPS ABOUT THE VARRIO LIFE... IS AUTOMATICALLY A "SKRAP"... IGNORANT VATOS

Aug 22, 2005
^it was a track where they said "fuck shadow, knightowl and kid frost" but I wouldn't consider it a diss unless your thinkin of another song
well that 1's called "see how they run"

Sep 10, 2005
CRIMINAL_909 said:
KID FROST WAS NEVER A CHOLO/SURENO/GANGSTER/PANDILLERO WHATEVER... BUT SINCE HES FROM SOUTHERN CALIFAS... MANY OF U VATO THINK THAT... IF A LATIN RAPPER FROM SOUTHERN CALI RAPS ABOUT THE VARRIO LIFE... IS AUTOMATICALLY A "SKRAP"... IGNORANT VATOS

I thought I smelled a rat...