Props to UW Huskies mens basketball...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
i came in this forum today specifically to see if anyone made a thread for the dawgs. good lookin out, glad they are gonna be back in the tournament this year

May 9, 2002
To bad Pondexter has done nothing but underachieve the last 2 seasons after having a promising freshman year. He is also the most inconsistant player on the squad. Every 7th game, he'll score 20...then disappear in between those outbursts. So far, he has been a disappointment. However, he has beein playing well down the stretch, so I will give him that.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
To bad Pondexter has done nothing but underachieve the last 2 seasons after having a promising freshman year. He is also the most inconsistant player on the squad. Every 7th game, he'll score 20...then disappear in between those outbursts. So far, he has been a disappointment. However, he has beein playing well down the stretch, so I will give him that.
u cant b serious. disappointment?? underachiever?
man i was hatin on this kid comin outta HS now he's proving me wrong w/o the Lopez Twins

May 9, 2002
I am very serious. He came out scoring nearly 11 a game in his frosh camapaign...and then RECEEDED his soph year. He started off rocky this year and has picked it up in the second half.

Pondexter was a 4 star recruit, ranked 7th in the entire STATE of Cali. He was a top 50 recruit in the ENITRE country...and all he can muster up is a measly 11 points a game? Not to mention, his FT% dipped below 70% last year and hasnt improved very much to this year...and his 3PT shot has declined to UNDER 25%, which is a 12% DECLINE from his frosh year. He has improved in the rebound department, but other than that...nothign to write home about.

Yes, he has BEEN a disappointment AND an underachiever. I mean...have you WATCHED him play at ALL since he left Fresno? I can tell you that I HAVE WATCHED NEARLY EVERY GAME HE HAS PLAYED AS A HUSKY. I am NOT the only person to notice his underachievement as a 4 star recruit. But as i STATED, his play has IMPROVED in the 2nd half of the season, particularly down the stretch here.

This article breaks it down perfectly:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-t25-washington-pondexter&prov=ap&type=lgns.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
^ He was NEVER as good as you are saying. So I understand why you think this...I'm saying that I never thought he was good. AND I for one, will sit here and say that Top 50 and Top 7 and All that shit, is OVERRATED. Becuse they're basing those stats of HS and the HS teams they are playing against. I understand that his stats aren't too much to drool over, but I think he has made a good jump from HS to D-1 (Pac 10) And No I haven't watched nearly every game, But I have seen become a decent scorer for that squad. ...Anyways, I guess we'll see what he does in the Pac10 Tourney as well as Big Dance ..

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
"But there were signs toward the end of last season that Pondexter was beginning to grow into being more of the high school star from Fresno, Calif., who drew comparisons to former Washington star Brandon Roy before Pondexter even stepped on campus. Both can score in bunches. Both can shoot from the perimeter and score on the interior. And, ironically enough, both have fallen into similar roles during the junior seasons."

LOL! Idk about all that though...

May 9, 2002
I for one, will sit here and say that Top 50 and Top 7 and All that shit, is OVERRATED. Becuse they're basing those stats of HS and the HS teams they are playing against...
Thats how EVERY player in the country gets rated, so i guess i am missing a key reference here.

Pondexter was recruited by Memphis and Connecticut, so he was NO slouch coming out of HS, whether you thought he was good or not so good as a HS player ...because two top tier basketball schools wanted him on their squads.

Either way, he is here now and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Yeah thats Real, im not trying to argue. Im just sayin that he WASNT that good comin outta HS. Just like you said you've watched him play. So have I...I watched him and said he wasnt very good, now I think he is proving me wrong.

Sep 5, 2006
However, he has beein playing well down the stretch, so I will give him that.[/QUOTE] yeah thats what i meant ive only watched a handful of games so maybe its just the ones i watched... quincy was so under developed coming out of high school real tall and skinny not to mention very average competition in fresno he was no d-steve(should have gone to college) or willie johnson ( who never made it) coming out of high school but maybe next year his sr. year he can put it all together and have a solid all around year. unknown what part of fresno u from?

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
^^general area, i have lived all around fresno since early 90s...

Anyways, I was lookin at potential matchups i nthe big dance and I dont see WASH going very far, the same for AZ in the Pac1o...should be interesting this year. If anyone is trying to fuck with these brackets in a yahoo league Get @ me

Apr 25, 2002
A lot of what that ^I Fucked Your Mom in whatever the hell language that is, same dude^ says is true.

Quincy ruffled some feathers up here when he hinted at possibly being a one and done. He was flashy (not good, just flashy) as a freshman (I remember a 25 point first half against Arizona, punctuated with one of the siccest behind the back dribbles I've ever seen). As a sophomore he was awful.

But for most of this year he's been terrific. Rather than being a perimeter oriented, dribble happy, face to the basket, wannabe slasher type (which he does not have the quickness to do, he's a human turnover when he tries to do this), his game now consists of catching the ball at the elbow as a high post, facing up and making a hard, powerful, efficient move to the paint for a short runner (and a very aggressive crash of the boards if he misses). If it's not there he finds somebody for an open J. Quincy has been outstanding this year as he has finally embraced his role. He's realized he's got an NBA body and he's playing simple, powerful basketball, not retarded basketball. He single-handedly won the USC game and deserves a good amount of the credit for the team's resurrection this year.

^ Plus his Dad looks exactly like Deebo so be careful with the criticism.

Jan 10, 2008
I think part of the reason Quincy takes heat is his freshman year in the begining he played sick and got everybodies hopes up against non conference play and then during conference play and the rest of the season he looked like total dogshit but he is having a good year this year. I think we would have a solid chance of making it to the sweet 16 if we got in a favorable bracket.